Who is the worse director?

Who is a shitter director

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will

/bin/su
Paul W.S. Anderson, or Uwe Boll? Vote now to decide the issue of the week.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Have to say Boll, Anderson can make ok films but Boll hasn't made enough money from his films to even 'buy a clue'

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I pressed the wrong one :(

Event Horizon is the win!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I wanted to press "both" but my finger veered off to Boll :/

Damini

Part of the furniture
I think Event Horizon is a quite disturbing film, and although it was flawed, it certainly didn't stink on a Uwe Boll level. I also quite enjoyed the Resident Evil films, in an entertainment rather than art form, kind of way.

However, Alone in the Dark? Tara Reid as a museum curator?? That was just diabolical. House of the Dead was so bad it was unbelievable.

Uwe Boll beats Paul W. S. Anderson easily in Shit Directors Top Trumps.

Will

/bin/su
Alien vs. Predator. A film with two awesome types of alien. And he produced a terrible film. Painful. Nothing can make up for that. At least Uwe Boll slips under my radar and doesn't bother me.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
A v P was awful (the new one is worse, unwatchable), the love scene type thing at the end between the Predator and the bird made me vomit BUT Event Horizon was a great film so to be fair I voted for both.

Will

/bin/su
Is it really worse? 0_o

For the love of God, how is that possible?

Chilly

Balls of steel
you missed an option: "who the fuck are those two guys?"

Will

/bin/su
You always say that about polls, and I always tell you that you don't have to vote. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't say, don't know any films by either.

Meaning, i don't ever remember the director really, if it's not posterplastered like lucas or spillbeerg or if it's not some rememberable movie like 5th element.

Damini

Part of the furniture
I quite enjoyed the last A v P. It was a proper horror film, like the ones you used to get in the late eighties/early nineties. The first one was dire though, I admit.

Dr Medusa

Fledgling Freddie
I vote for Anderson, even though I liked Event Horizon 'cause of AvP and anything with Milla Jovovich in it.
Also, I dont know who Uwe Boll is....:confused:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Whats worse: their movies or this thread?

Tough call ...

Damini

Part of the furniture
zomg, somebody's broken into Damini's house and stolen her computer :(

Oh come on, children with facehuggers attached, maternity wards full of exploding women, praliens, or alietors, or whatever you want to call them, running around and ripping people's heads off... Whats not to love?

Damini

Part of the furniture
I pretty much only mentioned stuff that's in the trailer. If a mod wants to throw spoiler tags in though, feel free.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I did enjoy AVP2 just because of the good ol fashioned violence and horror, didn't matter who you were in that film, you are in real danger. Plus seeing a Predator killing Aliens is cool.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oh come on, children with facehuggers attached, maternity wards full of exploding women, praliens, or alietors, or whatever you want to call them, running around and ripping people's heads off... Whats not to love?

well, for kids with FH's I'll let you off :D

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
AvP was criminal. You must have to try really hard to churn out a pile of crap when you have such rich material to work with. The fact that Anderson reduced the infection->gestation->eruption down down to what appeared to be hours if not minutes annoyed me intensely.

Uwe Boll is one of the worst directors of all time though. He consistently manages to take promising premises and turn them into wank-fodder for 13yr olds. Yet he somehow manages to avoid "so bad it's good territory". I only watched House of the Dead to the end because the thought that people keep giving him money to make films filled me with such a crippling melancholy that I couldn't get off the sofa to turn it off. Tricking a bunch of movie critics into "sparring" with him in a boxing ring for charity and then belting the crap out of them using his background in semi-professional boxing was vaguely amusing though...

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Spoiler tags :eek:

Trust me, its not possibly to spoil that film. Unless maybe someone spends the whole 90 minutes slapping you in the face with their penis while you watch it. That would make it about 7% worse.

Also, Event Horizon was a good film like others have said.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Trust me, its not possibly to spoil that film. Unless maybe someone spends the whole 90 minutes slapping you in the face with their penis while you watch it.

Hey! Stop filming my free time :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom