Who is [GOA]Erivoss?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
(originally from this thread)

[GOA]Erivoss said:
Hi everyone,

I can't create a new account on Barrysworld so I'll have to post any information I get here. If people can tell everyone else that this will be the place where I'll be posting last minute news then that would be great.

Excalibur is now back up and Zargar is posting a news on the homepage about it. Later on this afternoon we'll post another news explaining what exactly has happened but most importantly what is being done to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

I now have all the phone numbers that I need to be able to keep the community up to date with any developments and am working on ways in which I can be informed immediately of any problems on the English speaking servers. This will most likely be by handing out my phone number to the members of the E&E team so they can call me at anytime. I'm only human and can't be monitoring both servers 24/7. The admins will also have my number but often the players will know of problems before they do.

I hope this helps put some of your concerns at rest, but rest assured that you are not alone now and that I will do my utmost best to keep you informed and the servers running as smoothly as possible.

Now some information about me, as I think it's necessary for you to see me as a real person and not just another faceless image from GOA. I'm 23 years old, I live in France (was born there too) but I did all my education in England from the age of 7 onwards. I have a degree in Computer Science and was hired by GOA several months ago to be part of the Storyline team. It is only recently (read: yesterday) that I have asked to be able to post news on the official homepage and be in contact with the server admins. It is not my official job, I don't get paid anything extra and I work from home out of office hours.

I love DAoC, I play it every day as I have done since the beta and I will continue to do so until either it or me goes down finally. I play on Excalibur almost exclusively though I do have characters on Prydwen too. If some of you have realised who I play through the information I've given you, I'd appreciate that you keep it to yourself. When I'm I play I'm just like any other player and I don't want to be burried under hundreds of questions and complaints. I am NOT a GM and so do not interfere with the day to day running of the servers, that's Kemor's and Zargar's jobs.

If you do have questions you wished answered then don't hesitate to post them here. You can also contact me at erivoss@goa.com and I'll answer any "sensible" questions you have. Whines and flames will just get you puton /ignore. Remember, there are some things that I'm simply not allowed to tell you, for security reasons (like the exact architecture of our system for example) and some things that I simply do not know (like the exact architecture of our system infact).

That about sums it up for the moment, again if you could tell people on barrysworld and any other forums that this will be my home I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your time reading this, watch the official webpage for the news about Excalibur.

Caelath

Fledgling Freddie
It's not that Flim doesn't understand, it's a thread for info for those people who don't know who Erivoss is, until the Mods can get him an official title.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Dammit! I'm just to smart for my self.... and others it seems... :clap:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
He seems to be a nice guy :D If you check the Camelot Site you can see that the post there about the server status is done by him :)

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was great to see a post on the GOA site that made real sense in English ;p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Caelath said:
It's not that Flim doesn't understand, it's a thread for info for those people who don't know who Erivoss is, until the Mods can get him an official title.

I'm sure goa can find 10 pounds down the back of the chaise longe to buy him a custom title ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yaruar said:
I'm sure goa can find 10 pounds down the back of the chaise longe to buy him a custom title ;)

Trebz is working on it - and on my mod title too I hope ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom