Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Gohan is better than both!

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

gohan

FH is my second home
As aoln cleary fucked up the other thread to make sure he won making it career (which no1 can argue that owen has been a better palyer over his career than ronaldo)

who's the better footballer right now at this moment in time this season,

Owen who should clearly be playing for england

or pie boi who is rocking it up the the shit leagues

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ronaldo is still a better striker, he scores lots of goals. Your under estimation of the South American leagues and your rampant love of Owens cock is clouding your judgement. Oh and you are full of fail to boot.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ronaldo was FAAAAAAAR better, and still is better.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Ronaldo would still be better with prosthetic legs.. And im a man u supporter.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Hmm hard one to judge, Ronaldo doing so well in the South American leagues and Owen starting with decent form on the Asia trip makes it a difficult one.

Simple: over career deffo Owen, he hasn't spunked chances away to be great with taking drugs and has had bad injury luck.

At the moment, Ronaldo for current form but with a few more games Owen hopefully (I'm a Man Utd fan!). :clap:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
W-w-w-w-w-what ?

It depends how you view it - I view it as success based on respect from players and fans alike, not just cash. Ronaldo may well have had more success within the sport, but I feel Owen is admired and respected by a lot more fans. And let's be honest, when South American teams display their appreciation of a player they fucking RIOT - and that isn't good imo.

On respect terms here's examplse, 2 of the first 3 on google:

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Ronaldo in transvestite scandal

Off The Post off the post Pele claims Ronaldo and Robinho are cocaine users

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Simple: over career deffo Owen, he hasn't spunked chances away to be great with taking drugs and has had bad injury luck.

whut!?

And about your second post - Ronaldo is a god over there. He was even bigger than ronaldinho etc, when he had succes in barca.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
We are on about cristiano ronaldo yes? and not fat ronaldo.

Marc

FH is my second home
Remind me again who won the last time the red shite met a south american team in a meaningful competition? Such shit leagues those south american leagues :p

Ronaldo over owen everytime, even now.

Marc

FH is my second home
Simple: over career deffo Owen,

Are you on drugs?????????

There is no way on earth you can debate this one. There is just zero merit at all to suggest owen has been the better striker over the length of their careers.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
owens top form was far too short compared to Ronaldos. Just don't really think it's right to compared the two tbh. May aswell compared becks with iniesta along the same sorta lines.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Are you on drugs?????????

There is no way on earth you can debate this one. There is just zero merit at all to suggest owen has been the better striker over the length of their careers.

Many people seem to have forgotten the angle at which I considered his career more successful - I went purely on respect from players and fans. Owen is well respected. He'll easily get into management should he wish it - Ronaldo will go the Maradonna route; excellent player, might be loved in South America but he's a fucking joke everywhere else.

I just happen to think football still needs to be about respect. You might disagree. Owen easily wins in that respect and therefore in his career (hence not just as a player) he is more successful in my eyes.

Marc

FH is my second home
Many people seem to have forgotten the angle at which I considered his career more successful - I went purely on respect from players and fans. Owen is well respected. He'll easily get into management should he wish it - Ronaldo will go the Maradonna route; excellent player, might be loved in South America but he's a fucking joke everywhere else.

I just happen to think football still needs to be about respect. You might disagree. Owen easily wins in that respect and therefore in his career (hence not just as a player) he is more successful in my eyes.

What is this respect you speak of? How do you know that owen is anymore respected in football circles than Ronaldo? We are discussing who is better, not who is more respected. The two dont really go together. If Ben Foster is more respected than gazza, does this mean he is the better footballer?

As for Ronaldo is a joke everywhere else. Oh really? Again, what evidence do you have to back this up? Ronaldo is loved in a number of countries. Can the same be said of Micheal owen?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
What is this respect you speak of? How do you know that owen is anymore respected in football circles than Ronaldo? We are discussing who is better, not who is more respected. The two dont really go together. If Ben Foster is more respected than gazza, does this mean he is the better footballer?

As for Ronaldo is a joke everywhere else. Oh really? Again, what evidence do you have to back this up? Ronaldo is loved in a number of countries. Can the same be said of Micheal owen?

You posted without reading all my posts - in my mind as a career which doesn't stop when he ceases playing Owen has the advantage imo.

I have posted just the first 2 of 3 when I googled Ronaldo - and almost-sex with 3transvestites? Yeah that's pretty jokeworthy imo. And where did this thread say it was about respect in the footballing community? As far as I know none of us FHOT posters are professionally involved in football and so shouldn't really be trying to make comments on the attitudes of people we neither know anything about or are professionally qualified to comment upon. So the respect I speak of purely fans and onlookers. And could you prove that Ronaldo is 'loved' in many countries?

I also voted for Ronaldo as a better player and so your argument is a little irrelevant; I disagree with gohan's summation that Owen is better now, but I have little doubt Owen across his career is/will be more successful (although it could be argued that most Brazilian/top South American players play in Europe and by that logic Owen is doing well atm, but that debate can be left to the other thread).

This is all my opinion expressed calmly; you seem a little angry Marc matey. :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
And could you prove that Ronaldo is 'loved' in many countries?

I can only talk for the swedes. But in Sweden Ronaldo is considered probably one of the best strikers ever, if not the best. Owen, not so much!

But seeing that you are from UK i can understand if you think a majority think Owen is in the same ballpark as Ronaldo.

Marc

FH is my second home
Im not angry. All ive done is ask some questions because I just dont understand where you are comming from. You claim that owen was more respected by fans and footballers but then when I questioned this you started going on about the footballing community and how you never mentioned that, but then neither did I :S

Id still like to know how you deduce that owen is more respected by his fellow peers and fans when no one really knows who micheal owen is outside of England :S

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gohans failed again, maybe we will have a 3rd thread on the matter soon.

Marc

FH is my second home
And how is owen more successful over his career? lol dude, seriously, are you just trolling now?

Lethul

FH is my second home
If Ronaldo was called Harry Johnson from England kiliarien would consider him god :p

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Im not angry. All ive done is ask some questions because I just dont understand where you are comming from. You claim that owen was more respected by fans and footballers but then when I questioned this you started going on about the footballing community and how you never mentioned that, but then neither did I :S

Id still like to know how you deduce that owen is more respected by his fellow peers and fans when no one really knows who micheal owen is outside of England :S

You did indeed talk about the footballing community with the post 'How do you know that owen is anymore respected in football circles than Ronaldo? We are discussing who is better, not who is more respected. The two dont really go together.'

Do you move in those circles? And for me, respect is linked to skill. I believe in 10 years' time people will listen more to what Owen will have to say than Ronaldo. And for me just because a player is popular doesn't make him better, although I will again state I chose Ronaldo for current form. so continue banging the drum even if I agree.

And how is owen more successful over his career? lol dude, seriously, are you just trolling now?

Why reply twice to one post? Who's the troller? :m00:

If Ronaldo was called Harry Johnson from England kiliarien would consider him god :p

Because he has an enlgish name? Yeah ok whatever bud.....keep your xenophobia to yourself please, I'll have no part of it.

Marc

FH is my second home
You did indeed talk about the footballing community with the post 'How do you know that owen is anymore respected in football circles than Ronaldo? We are discussing who is better, not who is more respected. The two dont really go together.'

Do you move in those circles?.

No, I dont, but im not the one claiming that owen is more respected am I. I have asked and asked for you to provide evidence of this but you just dodge the question

And for me, respect is linked to skill. I believe in 10 years' time people will listen more to what Owen will have to say than Ronaldo..

Really? Do you think? I would be more inclined to think people would listen to one of, if not the greatest strikers of his generation. A 3 time world player of the year winner. Unless of course they wanted some horseracing tips, in which case they would ask Micheal owen :p

Why reply twice to one post? Who's the troller? :m00:.

So come on, on what basis has Micheal owen had the more successful career?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He hasn't Marc not even close, Ronaldo has won it all everywhere. Owen's done jack shit, and as for respected, he's not respected by anyone in the north east because he came up here for a cash joy ride.

Marc

FH is my second home
Killarien, this whole respect thing, are you basing it on the image they both have? Owen, the clean living role model for kids and ronaldo, the transvestite shagger :p. If so, you do have a point I guess

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
No, I dont, but im not the one claiming that owen is more respected am I. I have asked and asked for you to provide evidence of this but you just dodge the question

Really? Do you think? I would be more inclined to think people would listen to one of, if not the greatest strikers of his generation. A 3 time world player of the year winner. Unless of course they wanted some horseracing tips, in which case they would ask Micheal owen :p

So come on, on what basis has Micheal owen had the more successful career?

Have I not stated it's my opinion, and that Ronaldo is currently better (hence me voting for him). I don't need to prove an opinion.

We'll leave at that because you don't listen/read posts and frankly take your football threads too seriously. So go to a forum where people give more of a shit about football in general because this has wasted far too much time already. Enjoy. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Michael Owen won't be a football manager at all, he's to interested in his horses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom