Question Who is a Daddeh or Mummeh?

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
None at the moment, although it's been on my mind for a few years now.

russell

FH is my second home
Olgaline -your kid is sooo cute.

Out of interest, who would you say takes the lion's share of the childcare responsibility, say from the age of 0-8? Is it how you thought it would be? If you can remember that far back Deebs.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
2 sons, 6 and 3.

The 6 year old is about to be murdered though unless he stops fucking about and brushes his teeth properly.

omg SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE!!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Daddeh

Daughter aged 15 (almost 16)
Boy aged 10 (almost 11)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
In answer to Russell, we share fairly evenly. Clare does a bit more timewise than me, as she tends to pick Lily up from pre-school at lunchtime, and then has her all afternoon whilst I'm at work. When I get in, I tend to take over and play with her, feed her, bath her, although she's recently discovered the fun that can be had spraying her dad with the shower, and then it's a toss up between us about who puts her to bed.

I'll normally get up with her on a Sunday, to let her Mum have a lie in, but then her Mum takes her to a car boot (buying not selling) so I get a couple of hours of slob time to do what I want.

I tend to do discipline, although she's a good girl and reasoning seems to work better than just scolding. Her mum tends to do creative things, stickering, painting, play dough etc.

Her Gran also has her for maybe an afternoon a week, and maybe overnight once a month. This helps to keep our sanity as a 2 year old is quite demanding, and it gives us a bit of time to spend alone together.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Her Gran also has her for maybe an afternoon a week, and maybe overnight once a month. This helps to keep our sanity as a 2 year old is quite demanding, and it gives us a bit of time to spend alone together.
If only we had someone to take the kids off our hands for a night. We've not had a full night off being parents for... oohh... YEARS. We might get someone to keep an eye on them for a couple of hours one night in a rare while, but never for a full night.
Thankfully our eldest is NEARLY old enough for simple babysitting, but not for another year or so yet.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
If only we had someone to take the kids off our hands for a night. We've not had a full night off being parents for... oohh... YEARS. We might get someone to keep an eye on them for a couple of hours one night in a rare while, but never for a full night.
Thankfully our eldest is NEARLY old enough for simple babysitting, but not for another year or so yet.

IM000719.JPG

There you go, you can go out whenever you want.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Until 24 hours ago, I wasn't really sure. I've kind of had a vague feeling that something was missing in my life for a few years, and to be honest I'd always thought I'd have kids one day in that kind of tick-the-box way that most people who end up with children have, but then I started to think I'd missed the boat at my age (and having a kid in my forties is going to present its own challenges). All through the pregnancy it still felt pretty unreal. But then yesterday arrived and suddenly you have this little bundle that's 50% of...you, and I felt "ah, there it is, the point of everything". When you get right down to it, that's all we're here for.

Of course there will be sleepness nights and empty wallets for the next few years and no doubt she'll break my heart at some point, because we all do that to our parents in one way or another, but that first five minutes I was with her will always balance that out.

That answer your question?

Yeah it does.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yes we are lucky with her Gran. We moved back to the same village where I grew up about a year ago, so now live about a mile away. It's easy for her to pick her up from pre-school, and for us to pick her up at the end of the day. My ma, Clare and I all work in the same place. Mum cleans boats, Clare does the admin. If there's a lot of admin stacking up, but not much cleaning to do, then Mum will have Lily, if it's the other way around, then Clare might not come in at all for a few days. So it's very fluid.

I know we're blessed with the arrangement, and it's one of those things which can only happen when you are running your own business. The nights when Mum has Lily are also often work related. Clare and I have to attend a meeting, or some kind of do, so it's easier for Mum to have her for the night, than try and wake her up and take her home. We make best use of that time by having a meal out or something after the meeting etc. I think it's very valuable because it doesn't take you long to forget that you are still a couple, even when you have spawned.

We're trying for another now, and if we were younger we'd have ended up with at least a 5 a side team. I love being a Dad. I've always liked and got on well with kids, but until you're a Dad you just don't get it. It really is the reason for being.

4316220668_b9196af4cf.jpg

Jail Bait

Fledgling Freddie
I have you all beat......

Girl 18
Boy 17
Girl 15
Boy 12
Boy 11
Boy 9

Those of you with out kids are nothing but selfish (and rich)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
so far i have managed to twice activate the spawn portal built into the mrs somehow:/

mini-yaka the first is 2yrs
mini-yaka the second is 4 days olden

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
so far i have managed to twice activate the spawn portal built into the mrs somehow:/

mini-yaka the first is 2yrs
mini-yaka the second is 4 days olden

Grats Yaka :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
None yet sadly. Hopefully one day. For my first 30 years I definately didn't want any then I woke up one day and felt the complete opposite, I can't explain why but it was just a sense of realisation that it was something I should be doing and hadn't for any logical reason.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Daddy of two, both girls. Eldest is 4.5yrs, youngest is 2 months.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
Dad of Jake 10 yrs old, although i will always say 2 as the mrs had an ectopic that almost killed her.

No more on the horizon as i had a vesectomy over a yr ago, and yes, it still hurts, PVP in my case means post vasectomy pain and not player versus player..................

Jail Bait

Fledgling Freddie
or haven't found the right one, or have but she doesn't want a kid, or found her and she just wants to be friends :)

She doesn't want a kids until she is pregnant

If she just wants to be friends then keep looking.

When I met up with my new wife I had three women on the go but The one that I chose had the best way of raising the kids.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Father

2 kids

Stefan 4 yrs old, Zuzanna 3 in September.
Obligatory proud father pic ;)
stefandzuzanna01.jpg

I never wanted children and I have to admit I never bonded with either of my kids until they were about 6 months old. Then overnight we just seemed to click.

My wife does the lions share of looking after the munchkins. I get to do the cool stuff like making cookies/ cakes with them or playtime.

M

rynnor

Rockhound
No more on the horizon as i had a vesectomy over a yr ago, and yes, it still hurts, PVP in my case means post vasectomy pain and not player versus player..................

Did you consider legal action ? Sounds like a botched op?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom