Who here interviews people?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hey guys,

I'm working on my cv and wanted to get some advice from the members who actually interview people. This is for the IT industry, however if you've been interviewing people for years I'd welcome your opinions.

I would rather not paste it here so please let me know if you can take a quick look, and I will fire it across.

Thanks guys!

Bahumat

Chilly

Balls of steel
I've interviewed loads of IT people. Mostly high end developers.

/edit happy to have a looksie

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Dear Bahumat,

Although I am not an interviewer, I do appreciate your formal lay out for your letter.

Regards

Gwadien

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have 15 years experience in the field and am currently studying it at uni. If you think I can help then by all means send me your lies: )

georgie

FH is my second home
I have no experience of recruiting whatsoever, but I'm nosy...

Can I see? :love:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm a contractor so my CV is always out there. I think I know my stuff. Give it a go.

(you can pay my daily rate for the service :))

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't do it Bahu. You'll be moving to Stockholm in no time.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aoami said:
Don't do it Bahu. You'll be moving to Stockholm in no time.

I've got a special seat that goes on the toilet. Daddy says it's for big boys and only I can use it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I interview ppl

TBH 98% of all the CV's I receive come from recruitment agencies who put them into their own standardised format and email them to us, so I rarely see a raw CV these days.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
what would you like to see, were you to actually be presented an uncooked CV Lamp?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Keep it simple
Use a template on the internet if you need help
The main thing Im interested in is the relevant work experience and fluency in foreign languages
If the work experience looks relevant and interesting I'll call them in for an interview
Cvs can both under and over sell. Nothing beats meeting ppl in person

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I interview ppl

TBH 98% of all the CV's I receive come from recruitment agencies who put them into their own standardised format and email them to us, so I rarely see a raw CV these days.

Same here. They're always full of buzzwords, and for the most part, they are not very good. The recruitment agencies lack of subject matter knowledge easily apparent on some CV's, which leave out crucial details and include the trivial. Incidentally, I've turned up to job interviews organised by agencies, and not recognised my own CV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom