Who back the Grand National winner?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I bet on it on Tuesday and took 10-1 odds (obviously there were no favourites then). On the Monday it was 6-1. A certain GM who will remain nameless asked me for a tip and then decided on another horse - well there ya go :(

Now I am not a betting man nor a gambler. But I have had a habit of backing Grand National winners in the past. But today would have been a special day as my Dad would have been 59 today (almost 2 years since he past away) he was a gambler and loved a bet on the horses. As we live in Liverpool we gave him his dying wish for his ashes to be spread at the first fence at Aintree racecourse. So I had a bet for him expecting nothing and now I have double reason to celebrate.

I hope you have reason to celebrate too :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
I ended up with contraband the donkey in the work sweepstake! Bastards :(

My manager had Comply or Die he best get us a pint in!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I ended up with contraband the donkey in the work sweepstake! Bastards :(

My manager had Comply or Die he best get us a pint in!

Hehe, i got a spare baseball bat for tomorrow you can borrow hehe :)

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
I was more on about you saying there was obviously no favourite in an ante-post market, of course there is one, its the shortest priced horse. Mr Pointment before the weightings released and Cloudy Lane after.

Good job picking it so early though, wasn't til the end of the week that a few of the experts were even considering it for the win which was suprising considering previous race trends. :D I was on the same horse, aswell as D'Argent (though it fell not far from home after travelling well throughout) so its clearly been a good day for us both. Bring on the Derby. :worthy:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I was more on about you saying there was obviously no favourite in an ante-post market, of course there is one, its the shortest priced horse. Mr Pointment before the weightings released and Cloudy Lane after.

Good job picking it so early though, wasn't til the end of the week that a few of the experts were even considering it for the win which was suprising considering previous race trends. :D I was on the same horse, aswell as D'Argent (though it fell not far from home after travelling well throughout) so its clearly been a good day for us both. Bring on the Derby. :worthy:

Had a feeling about it on Monday tbh. Put the bet on during Tuesday evening knowing that if it gets pulled I get my cash back anyway. So at the time it was sort of a no lose situation and going with my instincts seemed the right thing to do. Ofc I bit their hand off for 10-1 after I knew the previous day that it was 6-1 hehe xD

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i backed it to win but i only put 2.50 on it. i put £3 each way on butlers cabin aswell. and 1.50 on hedgehunter to win, stupid bet. should of pumped a fiver on the winner instead.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't back the winner but had £5 ew bets on 2nd and 3rd :)

georgie

FH is my second home
Was gonna put a tenner on Comply or Die and a tenner on Snowy Morning. Decided not to bother cos I never win.

Bollocks. :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Was gonna put a tenner on Comply or Die and a tenner on Snowy Morning. Decided not to bother cos I never win.

Bollocks. :(

lol......have a rep then to cheer you up, made me laugh anyways :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Had King johns castle and slim pickings...made a lil bit e/w ftw! was sorry to hear one horse had a Fatal fall.....in fairness the hurdels at the national are just cruelty really..

Ormorof

FH is my second home
won myself £50 very pleased didnt even realise it was on until my dad phoned me and asked if i had bet anything, so thought i might as well go put a fiver on a horse, i did and it payed off :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom