/who account

Eastern

Fledgling Freddie
/who account <charname> - It should list your alts!

Why is this not possible? Bit silly if u ask me, its murder trying to remember 100+ alts in your guild.

With the wonderful patch that was Foundations, you can /housefriend account, so surely it wouldn't be that hard to implement. People would still be able to /anon....

So, err, Mythic, GIV!

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I believe it infringes on your privacy.

That's why GOA/Mythic don't have this in the Chronicles/Herald.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

Top left corner:
Feedback Form.. Tbh, i doubt mythic representitives check these forums ;o

Nice idea as long as its switchable. There will be occasions that you dont want to be found. Ultimately it comes down to player privacy.

Eastern

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
I believe it infringes on your privacy.

That's why GOA/Mythic don't have this in the Chronicles/Herald.

That's what /anon is for? :)

Surely they should figure something out, 'cause the present system sucks.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Nice idea, but might be tricky to implement. The /who command runs against the list of characters currently online - to do this they would have to run /who against the entire character database, which may not be available to the game server.

TaF

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, would be nice to have something like that ingame :x

Cyfr

Banned
Some people don't want to be /anon but want privacy to what characters they play, so it wouldn't work

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
yeah cuz those con artists wont like it "ohhh look the guy who has stolen my pole is actually that rr9 called ...... " and "that necro who steals all camps from the noobs is ..... "

i wouldnt mind it...

Eastern

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
yeah cuz those con artists wont like it "ohhh look the guy who has stolen my pole is actually that rr9 called ...... " "and that necro who's steals all camps from the noobs is ..... "

i wouldnt mind it...

Amen, hehe

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't want it. There are plenty of legitimate reasons why someone might want to play an alt without the world knowing who their other characters are, yet not want to be /anon.

As just one example out of many - I like to have a few alts who are, perhaps unbelievably, not legendary crafters and not interested in crafting. When I want a break from the crafting grind, I like to be able to disappear into these characters and have some relaxed fun without 10 pm's every minute asking when i'm going to log on crafter 1, 2 or 3 to pander to someone else's every whim.

And then there's the (dreaded by some) term roleplay, too. Separation of character identity requires a certain level of privacy between alts.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Should make it the players individual option then..maybe a /account anon..that way those that don't want to be found, aren't.

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like a good idea :) as long as it doesnt show up when /anon cos sometimes i like to have a quiet evening and just pve with no /gu spamming me to goto emain or join a certain guild raid.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Vesania said:
I wouldn't want it. There are plenty of legitimate reasons why someone might want to play an alt without the world knowing who their other characters are, yet not want to be /anon.

As just one example out of many - I like to have a few alts who are, perhaps unbelievably, not legendary crafters and not interested in crafting. When I want a break from the crafting grind, I like to be able to disappear into these characters and have some relaxed fun without 10 pm's every minute asking when i'm going to log on crafter 1, 2 or 3 to pander to someone else's every whim.

And then there's the (dreaded by some) term roleplay, too. Separation of character identity requires a certain level of privacy between alts.

I can only say that I agree on this one ;) :drink: :cheers:

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see the problem, altho i can see reasoning behind Vesania's post i still think it would be a nice option to have. Make the option disabled by default, and /who account ON/OFF, for those that want to use it.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
You also have the problem of people with multiple accounts, you'd only get the list from one of those.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Krakatau said:
I can only say that I agree on this one ;) :drink: :cheers:

I agree with Vesania also.

Not sure about the separating of alts for RP purposes though, you could always just tell people it was OOC information so not to assume their characters knew it. (It has to be better than insisting that everyone's alts are related to each other, or whatever the current convention is ;) )

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure about the separating of alts for RP purposes though, you could always just tell people it was OOC information so not to assume their characters knew it. (It has to be better than insisting that everyone's alts are related to each other, or whatever the current convention is )

Roleplayers are no more immune than anyone else to the urge to pester multiple characters if they're aware that a single player drives them. You can tell people that the information is OOC until you're blue in the face...and indeed they won't use the information in-character, but they _will_ still pester ooc, which disrupts your ability to have characters function as distinct individuals. It's happened to me twice now, to the extent that I felt forced to retire two characters rather than have them treated, however oocly, as mere extensions of my main.

I openly advertise the connection between three of my characters, but the other five remain as secret as I can contrive it for precisely this reason. That doesn't mean that those five characters wish to be /anon; they would, in fact, be hampered in their own activities if /anon were to become a necessity for them.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Vesania said:
Roleplayers are no more immune than anyone else to the urge to pester multiple characters if they're aware that a single player drives them. You can tell people that the information is OOC until you're blue in the face...and indeed they won't use the information in-character, but they _will_ still pester ooc, which disrupts your ability to have characters function as distinct individuals. It's happened to me twice now, to the extent that I felt forced to retire two characters rather than have them treated, however oocly, as mere extensions of my main.

Noted, but I think being pestered for RP on an alt isn't so very different from being pestered to log an alt in for crafting or somesuch. Anyway, conversely, there are times I would like people to know I am available for tailoring when I don't have my tailor logged in. This'll never go in anyway so it is academic, but if it did, I imagine there'd be a flag similar to /setwho trade (call it /setwho account or something) so that individual alts could be flagged as to whether they'd show up if someone checked the account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom