While I am thinking about those iraqi beatings...

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
Here's a link:
http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

It's a blog written by a girl living in Iraq which is giving me a great insight into what life is like over there and making me think about it in a different way...
I know it's harsh hun, but war will always ruin the lives and spit out the innocent, it's a sad fact we've seen from WW1, WW2, Vietnam, the falklands, the gulf war and Iraq.
Could I stand it with over 100 brainwashed teenagers bricking me day in day out?....The anwser is proabley no, I'd probably crack.
I do feel the tabloids and news have blown this out of proportion somewhat.
The whole point war is either to defend or define some peace, so searchs like that were sadly needed to eliminate the chances of rebel forces hiding out.
Here's some food for thought though, do the tabloids ever mention the poor greiving parents and family of our boys killed out there? No NEVER.
Why Because it's not good news, it won't cause outrage and sell papers but make people turn the page because it's very sad.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well This is mainly what I saw about those British Soldiers beating down a bunch of rock throwing Iraqi people and imo this is going way too far.
Arrest them? sure but totally beating the crap out of them and even enjoying it (guy filming it is also a Soldier) is so f*cking wrong and really makes me pissed off.
I really can't see how you want to get peace, which is if I am not mistaking goal number 1, by doing this sort of shit.
Personally I think as soon as some extremists see this they will come their reaction to this and in the end it doesn't help nobody and certainly doesn't help getting the situation stabalized and working towards peace.

Personally I am against sending people to Iraq/Iran anyway more like let America solve their own shit but that's a different matter.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Well This is mainly what I saw about those British Soldiers beating down a bunch of rock throwing Iraqi people and imo this is going way too far.
Arrest them? sure but totally beating the crap out of them and even enjoying it (guy filming it is also a Soldier) is so f*cking wrong and really makes me pissed off.
I really can't see how you want to get peace, which is if I am not mistaking goal number 1, by doing this sort of shit.
Personally I think as soon as some extremists see this they will come their reaction to this and in the end it doesn't help nobody and certainly doesn't help getting the situation stabalized and working towards peace.

Personally I am against sending people to Iraq/Iran anyway more like let America solve their own shit but that's a different matter.
Yes I know I've seen it..............................
And when was on about peace I was mainly talking about the blog Amanita posted, I never posted I condoned that footage in one way did i????

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Well actually my intention of posting the blog wasn't to bring the argument over here but to show folks something which I found an interesting read...

However, here's a question: Do you really think that the lives of the Iraqi would be improved if the British and the Americans pulled out right now?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
However, here's a question: Do you really think that the lives of the Iraqi would be improved if the British and the Americans pulled out right now?

yes, its none of their business(ironically, literally it is), but they shouldnt be there, im proud my country pulled back our soldiers.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I see why the thread starter started the thread. What i don't get is why people insist on arguing about this so much recently :|

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt actualy see this footage until just now.

For a child to say "please stop" and then be kneed in the stomach, thrown down to the floor then smashed over the back with a metal pole is just WRONG !

And to take pleasure in kicking the crap out of any human being is sickening, the voice over of the guy shooting the footage is frightening - and this is a representation of the UK ?

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
it is harsh, BUT ALSO A SAVERE CASE.... this doesnt happen everyday like the media wants us to think...... they will be punished, dont forget yes their are some innocent people that will catch some of the bad shit from the war.... but there is so many people there that are thankfull for us being there to help them out and change how they live........ its war and there will always be propaganda... just hope that in years to come they can live in peace and actually give up. waste of lifes atm

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Saveus said:
it is harsh, BUT ALSO A SAVERE CASE.... this doesnt happen everyday like the media wants us to think...... they will be punished, dont forget yes their are some innocent people that will catch some of the bad shit from the war.... but there is so many people there that are thankfull for us being there to help them out and change how they live........ its war and there will always be propaganda... just hope that in years to come they can live in peace and actually give up. waste of lifes atm

I am sorry but there is no way you can know the things you said for sure. Even between the soldiers that are still there, there were many that weren't aware of these monsters. You can't say "this doesn't happen everyday..etc." the fact is, first it was the torture and humiliation by american soldiers in the prisons, and now we have totally sick british soldiers beating the crap out some little kids. What I wonder is, what else goes on down there that NOBODY is brave enough to bring to light.

I am sure there are as many (if not more) people in Iraq that wants all these US and NATO soldiers to gtfo of Iraq. Now, at this point it would be a total chaos since the Iraq is going to through a major change.

P.S: I just get disgusted when these people claim they brought democracy and peace in Iraq yet we have so much stuff like this going on down there...

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
As i see it the worst thing the troops in Iraq could do would be to leave now.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Gorbachioo said:
As i see it the worst thing the troops in Iraq could do would be to leave now.

They wont do any good staying there either. Take a look to Afghanistan. Kabul is "pacified" by german troops. The rest of the country was bombed back from the middle age into the stone age and is now at war again.

These troops in Iraq won't be able to create peace there. They are aliens. Different religion. Different way of living. Different genotype. It is very easy for certain powerhungry people to make them seen as invaders and oppressors by the common folk.

What America has failed to realize when going to war in the 21st century was that you can not win a war anymore except if you totaly wipe out the enemy country. Thats because the real war is not fought on the battlefield anymore. Its fought by the media and by guerillia troops who will never let things cool down.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
For a child to say "please stop" and then be kneed in the stomach, thrown down to the floor then smashed over the back with a metal pole is just WRONG !

And to take pleasure in kicking the crap out of any human being is sickening, the voice over of the guy shooting the footage is frightening - and this is a representation of the UK ?

I agree it is disgraceful, done in the heat of the moment, when a few hours earlier the came under mortar fire, grenades other incendiary devices. It is also disgracefull that the iraqis use children as human shields so that soldiers will not fire on them... etc etc

Do you think the Iraqi army would of dealt with this differantly?

Its ironic that in the UK people complain about feral youths running amok, and want them to be dealt with, but in a differant country, with bombs, guns and deaths a regular thing they dont want it to happen.

The police in the Uk do that to rioters all the while, its just that they dont sell the video tapes of themselves doing it, just look at the hunting demonstartion in the uk last year, when the police lashed out at old men and women.

lets put it in perspective those children throw rocks, stones, nails, metal etc and they people they are thorwing them at do nothing. Later that evening the same children come back and start to throw petrol bombs, fire rifles in the air etc the soldiers kill them.

those same children got a black eye, broken nose etc for rioting, they dont come back that evening and get shot as they learnt a lesson, those same kids go on to having a happy (ish) life.

swings and roundabouts,

:m00:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
beating them is worse than killing them? strange world :m00:

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
beating them is worse than killing them? strange world :m00:

a good beating for some of them is a step in the right direction...... to say the least........

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Saveus said:
a good beating for some of them is a step in the right direction...... to say the least........

Bullshit! It only feeds the hate. The next time these kids wont throw stones anymore. They will aim for a kill.

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Bullshit! It only feeds the hate. The next time these kids wont throw stones anymore. They will aim for a kill.

yes violence isnt the way to teach them, help them get an education, feed them.. show them we want the struggle to end might be a better way. but i dont make the rules and affect their judgement, so its wishfull thinking.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:

ask yourself whey are those kids doing it in the first place?

B

Benedictine

Im pretty sure I know where the footage is from, Im also pretty sure I was in theatre when that happened (according to the dates provided by NOTW)

It is inexcusable and makes me pretty angry.

But you must understand the context. That period was one of the worst there has been- possibly even the worst. Riots, bombs, murders, kidnaps, mortars (I think that site had been mortared moments before). And all this by a mix of sunni and shia - not the military.

An advert I saw once for UK police showed a youth spitting in the face of a copper -the title was 'could you turn the other cheek?'

Put yourself in their shoes, your mates just been killed in a roadside bomb and his body jumped on by a crowd of 100 screaming kids and teenagers shouting 'death to UK/USA'

You base has just been mortared. Maybe your mates have been injured

You recognize some of these kids who you know are brainwashed AQ stooges who frequently scope you on their AK47s as you drive down the main highway.

Could you turn the other cheek? NO excuses - just put it into context before you scream how outageous, sickening and disgusting it is. btw I think the voice over is added and fake.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Benedictine said:
btw I think the voice over is added and fake.

Me too. I also think it is not by coincidence that this footage pops up right now when things are allready heated due to these silly Danish cartoons.

Someone is getting them to the boiling point. Why? maybe to create a theatre that justifies another military campaign?

I might be paranoid but I sure will not be surprised when bombs go off in Germany this year.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
ask yourself whey are those kids doing it in the first place?

Cause they have been raised in an enviroment dominated by violence, fear and poverty?
Cause they have been taught to hate anything foreign ever since they can think?
Cause they have never seen anything but terror comming from military?
Cause they have been told those soldiers are there to occupy their country and make their life even worse?

Don't events like the one we are discussing prove their views?

B

Benedictine

Jeriraa said:
Me too. I also think it is not by coincidence that this footage pops up right now when things are allready heated due to these silly Danish cartoons.

Someone is getting them to the boiling point. Why? maybe to create a theatre that justifies another military campaign?

I might be paranoid but I sure will not be surprised when bombs go off in Germany this year.

Yeah its no coincidence that both this and the new abu ghraib photos come out at the same time as recent elections in Iraq and Palestine

imo its probably not US, more like hardline shia groups, possibly financed by syria,saudi and/or iran

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom