which to upgrade?

Thug Brutal

Fledgling Freddie
ive been thinking of upgrading something to make game play a little smoother,
game plays fine but when im in a busy area with more than like couple of fg around it slows down quite badly.
but im not sure what bit of kit needs upgrading>

athlon 1.3
512 ddr ram
gforce 2 mx400 64meg
on broadband

like i say its not so bad except busy areas and SI is noticeably slower too.
so any suggestions what would be best replacing? as when i get Toa i expect it to be worse.

thnx in advance

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
The graphics card I'd say.
Your CPU is kind of low end for ToA, but you have enough RAM to compensate. Most of the hard work is done by video ram so changing your graphics card will bring the most noticeable improvements per pound spent.
You don't even need to spend a lot on it, find a place selling end of line geforce 4 ti cards cheap and that will be all you need for a while - probably won't cost you more than £40-50 for a ti4200 these days.

Novo

Fledgling Freddie
Grfx

Definatly had pretty much the same setup, just brought a 9800 pro and i have no problems with any of the rest of my spec now, runs smooth as hell...

the mx400 has a problem with SI aswell, i couldnt move in the city areas, and even if i couldnt see them because of a hill, if i turend round to face the city my card would lag to fuck

Get a new grafix card, if u fork out the money and get a reall nice one the game should run pretty damn nicley on your machine...

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
i third it gfx card get new one and if cash left over the do the processor

Thug Brutal

Fledgling Freddie
thnx for the reply's guys, card it is then,
so you think its possible to get a better one for around £100 or less that will do the job ( nice shiny water effects?:)
i havnt ever really upgraded much apart from ram, any good webbys i can pick one up?

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Thug Brutal said:
thnx for the reply's guys, card it is then,
so you think its possible to get a better one for around £100 or less that will do the job ( nice shiny water effects?:)
i havnt ever really upgraded much apart from ram, any good webbys i can pick one up?
depending on where you live i picked up a radeon 9800 all in wonder with 128 ram for £150 from evesham
http://www.evesham.com/Products/Info.asp?e=E10439D2-771E-468C-A336-A8C6A10AB3DE

you can buy online as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom