Which stats affect evade - the answer

J

Jiggs

well to purchase dodger you need augmented quick, so that might lead one to believe its 100% quick. However afaik its 50/50 or something.

O

old.Hellskor

You probably need Aug. Quickness II for Dodger, because your Quickness would be quite a bit off from your Dexterity otherwise, since few classes get Quickness trained at all.

O

old.Bull

Originally posted by old.Max Payne
Brix :( where are you ?

Hey Maxie! :)

Brix went on vacation when the cruel 1.50 monster whiped his ass :whip: and spoiled 666 specpoints of his, ill be back soon though

S

Solid

Is this something you guys have been late getting to know?

Its been known for many many months that Evade is 50/50 Dex/Qui and that all other defensive skills are 100% Dex. I seem to remember a post by Sanya in 1st Q 2002 about all this. Saying that people prolly didnt believe her :D

O

old.LandShark

yeh. Been known for absolutely ages I'm afraid :)
A further hint is the friar self-buff introduced as a class fix in 1.51 is dex AND qui....
:eek:

M

Meatballs

the friar self buff was more aimed at their melee damage as they have str raising, which doesn't affect their staff skill (dex does), it only lets them carry more stuff.

O

old.Bull

Originally posted by Solid
Is this something you guys have been late getting to know?

Its been known for many many months that Evade is 50/50 Dex/Qui and that all other defensive skills are 100% Dex. I seem to remember a post by Sanya in 1st Q 2002 about all this. Saying that people prolly didnt believe her :D

Not by everyone it seems, I had a discussion with some ppl who thought evade was pure qui based so i made this post just to clarify it and to help the ppl who didnt know...Just because you have known about it for many many months doesnt mean everyone else has.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Meatballs
the friar self buff was more aimed at their melee damage as they have str raising, which doesn't affect their staff skill (dex does), it only lets them carry more stuff.

more aimed, perhaps, but not entirely aimed. Friars are the only class who have any of the defensive melee skills (parry and evade in this case) but don't raise dex as they level.
Certainly the qui isn't in there because melee classes were complaining that their qui didn't raise with levels... :p

Users who are viewing this thread