Which server for a new starter?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Obviously one with a good population!

Is there a site or somewhere which i can see how populated the servers are? With Daoc you have it on the main login screen. Anything like that?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Obviously one with a good population!

Is there a site or somewhere which i can see how populated the servers are? With Daoc you have it on the main login screen. Anything like that?
Didnt see anything like it when i tried it out for a week in december..

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i chose Defiance in the end, only 2 UK servers and they're both populated the same.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
When you login it shows how populated they are.

lol only 6-7 months late :p

Dont play it if you are thinking of doing so, you get a fly ability around lvl 15 and anyone you get even close to killing, instantly flies off and heals up.
Utter shit pvp, however the pve was fun

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
pvp was added in after everyone asked for it, was never balanced for it ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
pvp was added in after everyone asked for it, was never balanced for it ;)

actually thats half wrong. heroes isnt balanced for pvp, villains is. thats why certain hero specs are so utterly overpowered in pvp :)

having a blast with my kheld tho. hillarius to see a stalker try to AS you in dwarf form and barely scratch the health :D now i just need to do some damage to :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
actually thats half wrong. heroes isnt balanced for pvp, villains is. thats why certain hero specs are so utterly overpowered in pvp :)

having a blast with my kheld tho. hillarius to see a stalker try to AS you in dwarf form and barely scratch the health :D now i just need to do some damage to

yeah true, but MasterMinds are balanced to be everyone elses bitch in PvP :(

do like the way they put in jet packs, and infrared goggles and stuff, so you can fly/see stealthers/etc in the Arena tho, was a genius move

havent done much PVP in it, my only 50 is emp/psi defender ive had ages, and his pvp consists of standing still healing myself till people get bored and wander off :D

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
there's 4 servers, 2 english, 1 french and one german.

Defiant has slightly less players, but a great bunch of people.
Union has slightly more players, and also a great bunch of people.

Both have RP'ing super groups.

I'm approaching my 48th month veterans reward at the end of may. blimey, i can't believe how long i've been there now :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Union has slightly more players, and also a great bunch of people.

Union was my server, so I don't think you can make characters called;
Captain Equality,
Hero 2, or
Hunka Burning Love,

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, I visited my old toons during the freebie weekend that just went by. That was pretty fun. It was nice to see one of my old mates actually still plays, too! (He has about 3 level 50s and 6 mid-level toons after a year playing).

My other characters were Titan 2, Colossus 2 and my villain was Blast Hardcheese (I can't believe nobody else had that name).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I tryed this thing for the first time this morning. Was a bit like an urban DDO. Was still good tho :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
What server did you pick? What characters did you make? Got photos?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
What server did you pick? What characters did you make? Got photos?

Can't remember now, trial expired. Wasn't the same server as bahu tho. Was ok but you could only go to level 13 on the trial. Cough rather sucky tbh for a 14 day trial and you and you can't even get to level 20. Add the sucky tell restrictions, it does make the game harder than it should be. I'd say it's doable to 30 casually in 14 days easy.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Can't remember now, trial expired. Wasn't the same server as bahu tho. Was ok but you could only go to level 13 on the trial. Cough rather sucky tbh for a 14 day trial and you and you can't even get to level 20. Add the sucky tell restrictions, it does make the game harder than it should be. I'd say it's doable to 30 casually in 14 days easy.

I think that's bullshit. THere shouldn't be level restrictions, but you know the only reason they do it is because besides levelling, there isn't that much to do... (apart from badgehunting).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I think that's bullshit. THere shouldn't be level restrictions, but you know the only reason they do it is because besides levelling, there isn't that much to do... (apart from badgehunting).

Umm, well there's quite a bit to do, and the quests seemed rather endless. The npc invasion looked quite fun but not as a lowbie as you can expect to get ass raped. I liked the randomness of which area the npc's would invade the city. Had the level restrictions not been there, I probably would have ended up subscribing to it and not instead of subbing to LOTRO. Which in the end pretty much made up my mind, as the restrictions there only apply to using the mailing/auctions system and the /tell (unless that is you make friends there and then even that doesn't exist).

Try lotro on US elemendir server. You will find me there on the trial. One thing I did notice about turbine was that if you have multiple email accounts you can effectively trial lotro to death.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Umm, well there's quite a bit to do, and the quests seemed rather endless. The npc invasion looked quite fun but not as a lowbie as you can expect to get ass raped. I liked the randomness of which area the npc's would invade the city.

Just wanted to say a couple of things about this...

The NPC invasion (Rikti?) happens in a certain order... Zone X, then Zone Y etc.. So it's not REALLY random...

WHen the mobs spawn (after the bombs drop for a while) the Rikti will teleport in, but they will teleport to where players are, so most people will congregate in a specific area (check the chat channels), and use AoE effects etc. People seem to be very willing to invite anybody to their group during this time.

The Rikti are scaled to your level, so even if you're a lowbie they should still be damage-able, and there should be minimal ganking (of players).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just wanted to say a couple of things about this...

The NPC invasion (Rikti?) happens in a certain order... Zone X, then Zone Y etc.. So it's not REALLY random...

WHen the mobs spawn (after the bombs drop for a while) the Rikti will teleport in, but they will teleport to where players are, so most people will congregate in a specific area (check the chat channels), and use AoE effects etc. People seem to be very willing to invite anybody to their group during this time.

The Rikti are scaled to your level, so even if you're a lowbie they should still be damage-able, and there should be minimal ganking (of players).

Erm, when ever i was in the area i usually got zerged by em hehe. Like i say, was an ok game but restrictions = ewww :(

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yeah, levelling has been made a shitload faster these days. I last seriously played about 18 months ago, and it used to take about 10 missions to fill 1 bub, but now you're talking 2 missions per bub, which is insanely fast levelling tbh.

It's fooking great, and means I may get my villain to 50 someday. Took me 450 hours to get my main hero to 50, and he remains my sole max level atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom