Which Professions?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i'm thinking engineering atm really not sure about others

also definately First Aide cos people who don't get it are stupid :) Probably skinning aswell, cos i think it's a cheap way to make extra money

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well, the professions i think people choose are based on which gathering + production profession that pair best up. Since you want to get the materials needed for your full product cheapest as possible. (and you cant have alts to gather materials for you, they all need the skill + a certain level. Anyhow a lvl 10 would have problems mining minerals in a 20/30/40+ area anyways)

Professions that pair up quite good are:
Blacksmithing / Mining
Engineering / Mining
Leatherworking / Skinning
Alchemy / Herbalism
Tailoring / Enchanting (neither of these "require" gather profession)

In addition to that, every class can have all the Secondaries (Cooking, First Aid and Fishing) so its worth getting all those. Just for the heck of it if you aren't planning to use them :D

Personally I dont fancy engineering that much, you can make guns and all that for Hunters, but good armor and such require Engineering skill to use. So its more about making stuff for yourself. (Obviously equal-skill engineers can make the same stuff for themselves. Why buy?)

On my Mage I went for Alchemy + Herbalism, rather cool combo I think. ALL professions in WoW have some cash in it. I can make potions for personal use, or to produce for others. (MUST have in both PvE and PvP situations!) High tier ones sells for quite much gold per stack aswell, so you can make quite a load of cash on this. Also got all the 3 secondaries, but only skilled up Fishing since some Fish are needed in some Alchemy reciepes. Cooking kinda waste on a Mage, since we have spells where we can conjure water and food.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I think you need to be an engineer in order to use the net o matic etc.
I might be wrong too.

peder

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
i'm thinking engineering atm really not sure about others

also definately First Aide cos people who don't get it are stupid :) Probably skinning aswell, cos i think it's a cheap way to make extra money

what you do with first aids??
you can find many many powerful herbs
when playing.

please tell me

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
you can heal yourself.... but it's channelling, so my preist can do without it thanks.

only one worth it i think is herb/alchemy

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
on my priest atm i have Alc/herbalism and while they are useful i found that almost every caster had this combination leading to a flood of products on the marketplace which is putting me off for when i join EU

k9 - you may as well get first Aid, i have a priest and still found it useful, used to use it simply to save mana and therfore reduce downtime due to the 5 second rule on mana regeneration, or can come in handy in instances when your lom

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
gonna go go with my orc shammy skinning/leatherwork, fishing for sure

and then with other toons something else + secondary skills

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
mana is my prob not health..
health will regen if i wait for mana to

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
mana regens a LOT faster especially with spirit tap

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
yeah cause. priest is most likely to get the last hit right.. k

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
yeah :) you'd be surprised how often mobs run on low health, making it easier for tanks to use their brains and leave it

at the start of every group i'm in i tell the group that if they want less downtime they'll let me get the last hit, and sure enough most do (or they try to)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
lets face it, there are better things to do with 5pts in shadow

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:

or, you could face it, that spirit tap is well worth the points.

Also, its quite good to pair up tailoring with skinning, as many higher level tailor recipies need leather

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:

spirit tap is the best 5 talent points i ever spent :) and i'm sure you'll find a lot of priests who say the same

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Once most of your spirit comes from items and not base stats... spirit tap becomes worse. In groups it sucks. For a pvp'er, it isnt worth 5pts at all.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Fedaykin said:
spirit tap is the best 5 talent points i ever spent :) and i'm sure you'll find a lot of priests who say the same

a lot of priests are stupid

5 points is a lot of talent, theres certainly nothing i want in shadow i can drop for that, and anything i take in disc has far far greater use

wow i can regen mana a bit faster while i would be resting anyway, i find if i ever need the tap, i still need to rest beyond it anyway

and the 50% during combat for 15sec is worth 5 pts? no

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
First aid had other stuff too, than just HoT bandages.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
a lot of priests are stupid

5 points is a lot of talent, theres certainly nothing i want in shadow i can drop for that, and anything i take in disc has far far greater use

wow i can regen mana a bit faster while i would be resting anyway, i find if i ever need the tap, i still need to rest beyond it anyway

and the 50% during combat for 15sec is worth 5 pts? no

please post your talent build for priest

mine will be something like this, not 100% i just made it quickly now

Shadow Magic 24 Pts
Spirit Tap 5/5
Improved Shadow Word: Pain 2/2
Shadow Focus 3/5
Improved Psychic Scream 2/2
Improved Mind Blast 4/5
Mind Flay 1/1
Improved Fade 2/2
Shadow Reach 3/3
Silence 1/1
Vampiric Embrace 1/1

Discipline 10 Pts
Unbreakable Will 5/5
Improved Power Word: Shield 3/3
Improved Power Word: Fortitude 2/2

Holy Magic 17 Pts
Improved Renew 5/5
Spiritual Healing 5/5
Subtlety 5/5
Improved Flash Heal 2/2

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Blackout Rank 5
Improved Shadow Word: Pain Rank 2
Shadow Focus Rank 3
Improved Psychic Scream Rank 2
Improved Mind Blast Rank 5
Mind Flay Rank 1
Shadow Reach Rank 3
Silence Rank 1
Shadow Weaving Rank 5
Vampiric Embrace Rank 1
Darkness Rank 5
Shadowform Rank 1
Shadow Total: 34

Unbreakable Will Rank 5
Martyrdom Rank 2
Improved Power Word: Shield Rank 3
Improved Power Word: Fortitude Rank 2
Focused Casting Rank 1
Mental Agility Rank 2
Improved Mana Burn Rank 2
Discipline Total: 17

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
the talents you get for pve aren't the ones you have to stick with past 60 (or 40 or whatever)...

First Aid is STILL useful because you can use it when you're low on power and it takes pretty much no effort.

I've done alc/herbalism 2 times to low twenties... I find mining/blacksmithing alot easier, but I am not very high in it.

I got fucked off with having 7-10 types of plants at all times + fish oil crap. That said, potions are very nice in this game and stack with buffs.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
but i play on pvp, so its never for pve

i hate all the tradeskills, only one thats useful for pvp at lvl 60 is alchemy im sure

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
you don't pve ever? :p
and you're wrong, you might like enchanting too btw
did you get alchemy past expert? it's a complete pain to mess with at that point

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i think i'll be trying mining/blacksmithing cba with alc/herb again, may switch to engineering later though

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Asha said:
you don't pve ever? :p
and you're wrong, you might like enchanting too btw
did you get alchemy past expert? it's a complete pain to mess with at that point

no st is doing alchemy, hah.

i do nothing because the rest are... ://
enchanting was crap, i couldnt be bothered with it :/

at least alchemy potions rock, like the shadow dmg one with mind flay, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss please.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Uh yeah I'm past expert... can't really see where the mess is. Skipped the ones that need blackmouths, no time for fishing!

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Spirit tap5 very usefull PVE but PVP hmmmz would compare it to having pox1 in daoc or shammy casting a frig, nothing that will make u win anything but wtf do I know :eek6:
Is where my 5 first points would go but sure after 40 I respec out of it.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
most shadow priests are specced shadow for PvP - yet they assume they will never get a killing blow and therefore will never get any use out of spirit tap - they are goign to kill peopel, whether through dots or dds or mind flay - i know i certainly do, and later on even a 50% mana regen in combat will be a hell of a lot of mana regenerated when most others are OOM

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
no its not a lot being only 15secs

its a nice talent, kinda

BUT FIVE POINTS? for a pvper? come on, spirit tap is for people that played daoc, the serious pvpers know where to get their talents

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
u can respect talents as many times as u wanna, just get enough cash and its done.

and about profs, u can take all 2ndary skills , cooking, fishing, 1st aid.

fishing and cooking r good at start to get xtra cash.

and u do anything to keep your downtime shorter.

fight over, u standing, 1st aid, sit down, eat food, HP up , back to kill things.

and about mana usage, just use it when needed , easy as that

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
I'm gonna pick up the pole and start fishing :D had a GM fisherman in Ultima Online back then, seems it's kinda the same way it works here in WoW with them treasures and such.

Edit: thinking about starting a warrior, so cooking/fishing.. maybe first aid would be kinda oki I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom