Which Laptop ?

Which make of laptop is the best all rounder ?

• Apple Powerbook

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • IBM PC running Windows

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • None. Tower desktop ftw everytime

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Which Laptop is the best all round winner ?

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Alienware

Dell XPS 2... not 1... 2 is a whole new world

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
Dell is full of bloatware :/

No it's not :p

well it isn't , my mate has a XPS2 and it' r0x0rs .

I've updated and tweaked a few things on the system so he is now amazed at how fast it runs games =)

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
I have access to an alienware and an XPS2...

Even though the Alienware is technically a slightly better spec then the XPS2 the Dell runs Daoc and most games a hell of a lot smoother.

Saying that both laptops are wonderfull and run all games smoothly!! Both are gorgeous.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
dont buy dell!
they are fine until they break....

If you buy XPS all the customer service is through a special XPS only dedicated office... all english/american people who know thier stuff.... the customer service is good for XPS...

but normally.. yes dell is shit on thier low budget stuff.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
If you do go for a dell , try and get the Buisness support on it , and of course a 3 year warrenty , and the Complete care ( Woops dropped it down the stairs ... not to worry it's covered).

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:
see post above yours :p
i dont care :p dell customer service sux !
dell sux!
sux!

anyways heres another little story... few years bk i was ordering a new dell comp coz i couldnt custom my own at the time, so rang them etc... all ways normal.
1 month l8r i ring up asking waz da fuk ! wheres my comp...all i got was a soz we will get on it. ok so another 3 weeks past rang them again and they said no order was put through....honestly!
to this day i still havent gotten it ;) dell really does suck imo.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
(invisibletank) said:
i dont care :p dell customer service sux !
dell sux!
sux!

anyways heres another little story... few years bk... etc.

This is it... you havnt tried the XPS xustomer serivce.. i have.. they are VERY good and VERY efficient....

and your problem was a few years back? they have had a few years to up thier service... and i bet it wasnt a XPS system?

I have had terrible serive from normal dell, i orderd a PC (non-XPS) and then canceled the order... but it came anyway and they took the moeny.. took me ages to get them to take it back and get my money back....

but the XPS serivce is a completly different part of the company, almost a completly different company...

:)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:
This is it... you havnt tried the XPS xustomer serivce.. i have.. they are VERY good and VERY efficient....

and your problem was a few years back? they have had a few years to up thier service... and i bet it wasnt a XPS system?

I have had terrible serive from normal dell, i orderd a PC (non-XPS) and then canceled the order... but it came anyway and they took the moeny.. took me ages to get them to take it back and get my money back....

but the XPS serivce is a completly different part of the company, almost a completly different company...

:)
all i hear is leave mr. dell alone ;)
but i dont care... Custom > Dell ... Win !

when i want your opinion... ill give it to you ! :p

(dont take offence.. i just think dell sux :fluffle: )

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
oh i dont take offence mate dont worry :)

I understand why you are of that oppinion... most people are... and i was at one time... its a stigma Dell have and quite rightly deserver for thier dealings in the past have been terrible!!

I have just been so impressed with dells support with my XPS over the last 4 months that i dont believe that side of the company deserves it :) and i find myself a bit of a dell xps activist in this life ;)

Your correct... Custom will always be > then built for you if you have a good builder... but one thing that you get with a made and named is the warrenty and the lots of testing on the parts pre build.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've had 2 Dell desktops dimension PC's.

The build quality is shite. The interior design of the tower case is appalling.
They are full of useless software you don't need or want (bloatware ?).
Noisy, hot machines prone to breaking down and breaking apart.
Their customer service is one of the worst I've ever experienced.

I'll NEVER buy from Dell ever again and I would NEVER recommend anyone to order anything from them.

Cowboy sales people who don't know what they're selling and who couldn't care less if their customers are pissed off.

Might as well rename them PC World and be done with it.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
Might as well rename them PC World and be done with it.

Hey now hold on a min ...

I don't mind saying i work for dell ( which i do) but working for PC world .... Come on ... could you be that cruel to me ?

btw i work in the Tech support section =)

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
[SS]Gamblor said:
Hey now hold on a min ...

I don't mind saying i work for dell ( which i do) but working for PC world .... Come on ... could you be that cruel to me ?

btw i work in the Tech support section =)
lol....brave thing to admit....run before the linch mob get ya!! :p

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
lol....brave thing to admit....run before the linch mob get ya!! :p

It's ok i'm a friar , i just keep evading the Noose for the hanging rope ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom