which itx graphics card?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I'm looking at getting a new graphics card, but which is the better option?
Radeon R9 285 or Nvidia gtx 760.
It's been a long while since i bought a card so the numbers are lost on me.
The cards main purpose is playing movies on my tv ( yes in 3D sometimes ) and hopefully a little bit of occasional gaming. So which card would you recommend?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
For movies the onboard graphics will do just fine, really depends on what games you're playing as to which gpu you need.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Not quite sure what games i want to play, just stuff i can pick up and put down again i guess. It just needs to be a small card there is only 200 mm of space in my case and both the cards I'm looking at are 170mm so that should help with air flow ;).

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Totally overkill, but on that note this is quite incredible. 170mm GTX 970 from Asus. :D

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/77801-asus-reveals-geforce-gtx-970-directcu-mini/

Hard to say what kind of level of graphics you need without knowing the types of games.
My work computer I have a 750 Ti, on which I played some Torchlight II and it worked dandy. Triple A games at 1080p and higher settings will probably struggle though.
Comes down to the CPU too, of course.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
So my wife has kindly got me a sapphire r9 285 for christmas, so i had a lovely drive out to overclockers yesterday morning :) got home and installed the card and drivers and for some reason the card wants to display a 4k resolution on a 1080 tv. Which is all very nice but then all the icons and text are bloody tiny, why?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmmm, windows font scaling set to nothing? crank that baby up to 150% or so chumlar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom