which graphic card?

O

oxxford

Hello,

My PC atm got graphic card called Matrox MGA Mystique.. and it's won't support Daoc..

So i guess i need new graphic card... anyone got idea which's cheap and at least good enough... to support daoc ? =S GeForce?

Thanks for any help in advance...
Ox

N

Nazghul-

Originally posted by oxxford
Hello,

My PC atm got graphic card called Matrox MGA Mystique.. and it's won't support Daoc..

So i guess i need new graphic card... anyone got idea which's cheap and at least good enough... to support daoc ? =S GeForce?

Thanks for any help in advance...
Ox

Whatever you do, don't get a geforce FX5600 Ultra, they have problems with daoc (unplayable).

B

boni_ofdavoid

geforce4ti (ti v important, not FX or MMX or anything else... ti )

or investigate the Radeon/ATI cards.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
geforce4ti (ti v important, not FX or MMX or anything else... ti )

or investigate the Radeon/ATI cards.

You can get geforce4 FX :eek7:

Im assuming you mean stay away from Geforce FX cards ;)

And if FX cards have a problem with Daoc then on pure power i would go with a decent radeon over a Gf4.

B

Bebopbo

Re: Re: which graphic card?

Originally posted by Nazghul-
Whatever you do, don't get a geforce FX5600 Ultra, they have problems with daoc (unplayable).

DAoC say that it was supposed to be supported in there "we have tested list" of gfx cards..but *some* ppl have had probs. Im using a FX5600 Ultra & i did have probs (i made another post on here somewhere about it :) )

Mythic say they working closely with nvidia to sort it. My mobo has a VIA chipset & 1nce i updated these it fixed the prob.
if you just update ya gfx card drivers DAoC will fail to boot. Order i did it in was:
Update VIA drivers
Update GFX drivers
Re-install DX9

after i updated my VIA drivers & updated the card to latest drivers & re-installed DX9... nps & now DAoC runs sweeter than ever ;)

only prob i have now is my uber 56k con, dsl/cable aint available where i live atm :(

N

Nazghul-

Re: Re: Re: which graphic card?

Originally posted by Bebopbo
DAoC say that it was supposed to be supported in there "we have tested list" of gfx cards..but *some* ppl have had probs. Im using a FX5600 Ultra & i did have probs (i made another post on here somewhere about it :) )

Mythic say they working closely with nvidia to sort it. My mobo has a VIA chipset & 1nce i updated these it fixed the prob.
if you just update ya gfx card drivers DAoC will fail to boot. Order i did it in was:
Update VIA drivers
Update GFX drivers
Re-install DX9

after i updated my VIA drivers & updated the card to latest drivers & re-installed DX9... nps & now DAoC runs sweeter than ever ;)

only prob i have now is my uber 56k con, dsl/cable aint available where i live atm :(

I have a FX5600 Ultra and i've tried all possible combinations of drivers for the mobo and gfx, even different bios versions... But still won't work. This gfx card even has problems with normal 2d in windows... gives me a black screen every 10 seconds forcing me to cold reboot. (Writing this on old gfx card, probably won't get my money back from the FX5600 Ultra...)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
You can get geforce4 FX :eek7:

Im assuming you mean stay away from Geforce FX cards ;)

And if FX cards have a problem with Daoc then on pure power i would go with a decent radeon over a Gf4.
There is no GF4 FX. There's a GF4 MX, GF4 Ti, and GF FX.

Personally I had no problems with my Radeon 9800 pro, and it's a really nice card in general.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Danya
There is no GF4 FX. There's a GF4 MX, GF4 Ti, and GF FX.

Personally I had no problems with my Radeon 9800 pro, and it's a really nice card in general.

I know there is no FX thanks muchly :)

Quote :)

And yes the rad 9800 pro is indeed a lovely card.

B

bulge

I just bought a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro for about £130 from Ebuyer and it seems a good deal at the mo.

Easiest card upgrade I ever did from my Geforce3

No trouble whatsoever.....

P

pieeater

I have a choice of either buying a

Brand new Radeon 9600 pro
or
2nd hand geeforce4 ti4600

This is to replace my geeforce3 ti4200. What's the better choice ?

D

Deadmanwalking

Radeon 9600 Pro.

If for the warrenty if nothing else.

C

cjkaceBM

If you live in the UK then the Radeon 9600 Pro is on sale at PC World for £99.00 as part of a 7 day new year offer.

Users who are viewing this thread