Which do i join: Planetside or Eve

O

old.Kram

Dunno.

So far I haven't found much joy in Planetside, but maybe thats just me, I'm not very patient.

O

old.Xarr

You're not patient and currently not enjoying planetside? Are you stuck in the VR training grounds or did you mean EVE mayhaps? :]

B

BrassMonkey

Planetside...i wasn't having *mega* fun at first but as soon as i got my reinforced exo suit i started having mega fun :D

V

Validus

played freelancer demo... its great fun! even though its just a diablo in space. is the full version worth it?

O

old.tRoG

Eve's rubbish. Don't know about Planetside... Except that I want it :p

P

[PS]Nova

Come and play planetside and join Sovereign Guard - we're almost all ex-daoc'ers and BW forumites :)

N

-Nxs-

Planetside is pretty much PVP and FPS, if thats not you're cup of tea then play EvE.

Planetside is a game you can pick up easily and put down too - its not as addictive as DAOC, but you gota like first person shooter games really.

One of the guys at work plays EvE, he loves it, an up-to-date Elite is what he calls it

The choice is yours

S

SilverHood

planetside has no PvE

consider it like daoc, but with realmpoints and RA's only ;)

N

-Nxs-

Opps sorry ment PvP - editing post now :) typo

and lol consider it like DAOC ? nah you only get a few thousand players on planetside - thats nothing like a zerg.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Opps sorry ment PvP - editing post now :) typo

and lol consider it like DAOC ? nah you only get a few thousand players on planetside - thats nothing like a zerg.

Trust me, it seems worse than any daoc zerg when you're trying to assault a base with 100 troops when there's 200 troops in the base constantly respawning there ;)

Mega mega fun though.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Freelancer is boring as hell after a while. Doesn't involve any skill aside from being able to follow a red cursor across the screen like a chimp.

J

Jonaldo

There's no PvE in EvE either, it's all PvP battles.

F

F.I.V

Nova, I'm hoping to get PS next week, what server are Sovereign Guard on? I'll look you guys up ;)

S

SilverHood

VS/Werner

can field 2 full squads at primetime... would be ace to make it 3

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by F.I.V
Nova, I'm hoping to get PS next week, what server are Sovereign Guard on? I'll look you guys up ;)

Werner, playing Vanu. People to PM are myself or nova, or a random person in the outfit (You'll find them ripping enemies a new asshole) to see who's on that can invite. :D

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by SilverHood
VS/Werner

can field 2 full squads at primetime... would be ace to make it 3

Won't be long before we can, probably can now if everyone decides to log in to be honest, no way 20 of our members are alts.

B

BrassMonkey

3 squads would be sweet, but me being ground troop commander i'd hope some parts of said squads would be airborn or vehicular :eek6:

...btw on that note Venom how does it all work on raids? You tell us the continent and the bases to take and i organise squad structure and tactics in actually taking the base you've designated? And Angharad tells the pilots to do whatever, and Clink moves the vehicles?

T

Tasans

Ill write down your names so i know who to roadkill with my vanguard first :)

O

old.Dillinja

Well to put it bluntly:

Eve = Lots of mining and little fun, IMO. Its the kind of game that makes you feel like you're going out to do another hard day's work at the asteroid belt instead of having fun, which is ultimately the object of every game.

Planetside = Lots of fighting and lots of fun, IMO. Its the kind of game that makes you feel like you're fighting a war for your empire and there's hardly anything boring about it.

G

Glacier

none of em... u try out SWG find it amusing for a bit.. find out that daoc is really better.. get back to daoc... WoW comes out... and u go to WoW :p

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Planetside = Lots of fighting and lots of fun, IMO. Its the kind of game that makes you feel like you're fighting a war for your empire and there's hardly anything boring about it.

well it gets repetitive. but its a damn good way to kill a few hours.. not massive freetime genocide like daoc ;/

G

g0ldenbone

Planetside is fun no matter which way you slice it.

Get in with a decent squad or outfit and it generates an atomosphere like no other. It may be repeptitive, but there are many ways to keep it interesting.. Loads of different tactics/weapon loadouts and when co-ordination is good, the game really shines.

Personally I love it, I think its revolutionary for a massively multiplayer game and I really like the Halo / Aliens styling. Cant recommend it highly enough!

P

[PS]Venom

What goldie said.

I'm enjoying things even more than in beta... I log on, get a squad from outfit, or create an outfit squad. Not been in a random squad since beta. It's wonderful, you know what everyone can do, they listen to you, no arguments. Top class.

Of course if I can avoid running azazel over in my sunderer (Who happens not to be in our outfit, and I squished him twice at least yesterday) things might be a bit better :D

N

Nicky Nook

Planetside 100% what a laugh i had playing that game last night holed up in a base for 2 hours constant constant action...

All Good fun and thats what makes good games imo..

Regards Nicky / Xode.

E

Easy

Originally posted by Validus
well? :D
I've heard that PlanetSide is fun, but
that you might get bored after a while.

And EvE is not for everyone IMO - that
game is a bit complex. It takes a while
to learn everything you need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom