Which Class For NF?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
The sad thing is, fights between random non opted groups are more fun.

Least mythic looked at my list of chars when designing nf. scout/sorc/matter cabbie. I'm so FOTM;)

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
I think we can all agree on loosing a fg vs fg fight isnt very much fun?

i gotta agree with escape on this, if you roll a character thats "unsuitable" for grouping, like a matter sorc for instance u won't get groups, and u most likely won't have alot of fun standing at apk asking for groups 6 hours in a row and then logging again.

Fun is the prime objective for me, this is a game after all, but to be honest, i don't have alot of fun if im not in a group that hasn't got a chance of winning fg vs fg fights.

I'd roll/use the character guild/group needs, because else i won't get any groups, that's just how it is, if people can't cope with the fact that some classes/specs just arent valid for rvr, they should be playing something else really.

these are just my oppinions, feel free to flame, bitch and moan or whatever :)

Pazdan

Fledgling Freddie
All those are reasons to have fun which is what the game is all about. Maybe the line got blurred some way back in the discussion, but I will try and go back to my basic point.

Starting a FOTM character purely because that is what the uber crowd/guild need isn;t really the way forwards. It compounds the whole discrimination thing Escape mentioned and really doesn't do that much for your long term happiness and enjoyment of game that you pay money to play.

Starting a Character because that is what you want to play AND that is what your friends (whether they are shallow or not) want, is actually part of the fun.

So yes, Escape, I agree with you on a number of points. Though I would still tip towards the "play what you want" angle. If you find that you keep losing and the game gets annoying (as it did with my Infil... being in the stealth war without buffs sucks) then try a new character of your choosing. But it should be of your choosing and not someone elses.

stinkingD

Fledgling Freddie
Pazdan said:
Try playing something you are happy with rather than going for the uber l33t kiddie FOTM class. You have a better chance of playing your chosen character well rather than playing straight easy mode. Which is just lame.

:twak:

Exactly.
I've played a scout for some time. When I first started I often got told how nerfed scouts were, but I didn't care, I love playing archer/stealth/ranger classes. The only thing I didn't like was the difficulty in getting into groups.

I've come back to the game from about 5 months ago, and it's a different story now. Group finding is much easier, which is really nice. :clap:

Pazdan

Fledgling Freddie
Dont need infils or scouts to detect stealthers. Goddess Necklace , Cyclops Eye Shield etc.. Tanks/Casters can do it to.

I was just trying to give an example of how a group can use an Infil in a group that would normally not even look twice at a certain class.

As for casters and tanks spotting stealthers that really does suck. TOA has created yet another stage in the DAoC have and have nots. For example between those people who play all day and night, have artifacts and ML's and bags of RA's and those poor sods like me who work for a living.

Mythic!! remember the little people you bastards.

:twak:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Pazdan said:
If you are picking a class but you don't have fun with it, why the hell are you playing the GAME?
Winning is fun :/
Rolling a 'fun' class and gettin owned all the time is a lot more frustrating/boring than playing a 'boring' class or whatever and beatin enemies senseless :>

n my fav atm prolly inf cuz i nevah get groups n stuff with merc /cry

:clap:

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Rolling a class isn't fun at all any more :p

How many of you out there find mindlessly PLing an alt fun?

I used to enjoy the fun of grping with a wide player base in varying locations and kicking the crap outta anything that moves while chatting away and taking the mickey outta other grp members. It's hard (sometimes down right impossible) to do that now :(

I know I'll end up rolling 1 more alt (1 space on the 2nd account left) and I know I hate every minute between 40 & 50... But if I wanna be a big part of the action these days, the consensus is it has to be done...

I guess these days you gotta decide between Caba, Sorc or Scout and just go for it...

If anyone out there feels like rolling a grp to 50 with BG practice to warm up and moving on to becomming a dedicated RvR grp, PM me on here :) If not, spare a thought for the poor fool soloing all the way to 50 (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom