Wheres the black people?!

cazno

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
Racist to Blue Green Red Yelloooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Red and yellow and pink and green orange and purple and blue I can sing a rainbow sing a rainbow sing a rainbow toooooooo

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Malcolm said:
How many basilisks were there? :p

None, but basilisks (not to mention the other strange and mythical stuff) are included in DaoC because of thier presence in dark age myth.

You can select skin tones and get a darker shade if you really feel the need.

All this politically correctness bullshit is beginning to get over the top. If the political correction brigade keeps going like this, within a few years the general population will so utterly pissed off with it that fascist governments will likely start to get elected and we'll have a hell of a lot more to worry about than just what shades of skin are available in online games. I know its just meant as a joke but in this day and age its not really funny :mad:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
black toons would have to have perma sos to be realistic!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
In my oppinion it would have been better to add Moores (these were black people), or some such human variation, than Inconnus f.ex. In fact i wish DAoC had been allowed to stay true to its dark ages theme and not include weird stuff such as atlantis etc. They could easily have elaborated on the rich history and geography of the real dark ages instead of introducing that weird stuff. F.ex why couldnt they have made an expansion where the three realms fight over the remnants of the roman empire (in the real world/myth rome was sacked both by germans/nordic tribes and by "king Arthurs" english tribes, in fact Arthur was named roman emperor). This would have enabled them to bring in lots of new stuff with inspiration from from all over europe, africa and the middle east, as well as rvr battlefields with roman city themes etc.

that would have been good i think,but would you still have magic in the game tho?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Jeros said:
that would have been good i think,but would you still have magic in the game tho?

Yes ofc, i would still want them to use mythical ingredients, just as long as they had kept the focus of the game on mythical europe instead of bringing in stuff that doesnt really belong there.

If anyone has played the pen and paper rpg Ars Magica(The art of magic in latin), that is what i wish DAoC had been :) A mythical, but still highly consistent and in its own way realistic, europe of the dark ages.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
They could easily have elaborated on the rich history and geography of the real dark ages instead of introducing that weird stuff. F.ex why couldnt they have made an expansion where the three realms fight over the remnants of the roman empire (in the real world/myth rome was sacked both by germans/nordic tribes and by "king Arthurs" english tribes, in fact Arthur was named roman emperor). This would have enabled them to bring in lots of new stuff with inspiration from from all over europe, africa and the middle east, as well as rvr battlefields with roman city themes etc.

Well, saracens are surely not from England itself, it's just another old word for muslim if I'm not mistaken, so Mythic did already from the start include some of that stuff.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Nah saracens werent all muslims. It was the the middle ages name for the people living around the middle east, now known as Arabs, but not all of those were muslims. In fact, one of the knights of the round table, Sir Palemedes, was a christian saracen who also quested for the Holy Grail.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Half ogres have a ridiculous background; the unnatural offspring of Avalonian and Ogre relations!

Albion could have adopted an African race for their "brawn" (similar build to M. Ali) and remained the fluffy human realm(except innocu). They would have been former slaves of the Romans, who rebelled and founded their own villages.

It's a little more plausible than Half-orges and the characters would be better suited to cybor :cool: They could bring new classes like Witch doctor, Gladiator and the overpowered Asylum seeker! :p

In WoW and GW, you can customise tones to be darker, but hardly anyone takes advantage of it.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
In my oppinion it would have been better to add Moores (these were black people), or some such human variation, than Inconnus f.ex. In fact i wish DAoC had been allowed to stay true to its dark ages theme and not include weird stuff such as atlantis etc. They could easily have elaborated on the rich history and geography of the real dark ages instead of introducing that weird stuff. F.ex why couldnt they have made an expansion where the three realms fight over the remnants of the roman empire (in the real world/myth rome was sacked both by germans/nordic tribes and by "king Arthurs" english tribes, in fact Arthur was named roman emperor). This would have enabled them to bring in lots of new stuff with inspiration from from all over europe, africa and the middle east, as well as rvr battlefields with roman city themes etc.

and i still believe there is an ancient sunken atlantis temple somewhere that leads to a magical matrix!

Himse

FH is my second home
They should get an ability, Run away with a TV.

RR5 is, steal the surround sound and run with extra speed.

very similar to Eld's rr5.

Helme

Resident Freddy
leviathane said:
no offence intended here but how many black ppl do you think were in europe in the dark ages.
It's not called DARK ages for nothing mate! xD

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Actually there were quite a few dark skinned people around europe during the middle ages - contrary to popular beliefe people did actually travel rather frequently (unless they were farmers ofc) and the different empires of the moors and saracens had their borders well into what we now consider europe (spain was under control of different sultans during the period etc). As the roman empire crumbled the western european cultural areas as we know them shrunk alot.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
you have monkeys and ogres and all sorts of weird squishy things so why not black people! daoc is teh racism

This is just so silly tbh, lots of other race color that aint in there either!

Yeah ofcourse it's racism, don't understand why some people have to think that whenever something aint as they wants to.

Pointless thread, and a very pointless argument about something that dosent exist anywhere in this game but in Eyres mind.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Succi said:
adelama got banned from wow for naming his hunter pet "white power" =]

My mind couldn't help but jump to a politicailly correct version of Monty Python then.....

Instead of the Black Knight it's African-Ethnic Knight. Or instead of the White Knights of Pendragon we get Caucasian Knights of Pendragon.

That made me laugh for a moment :p

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Well, saracens are surely not from England itself, it's just another old word for muslim if I'm not mistaken, so Mythic did already from the start include some of that stuff.

In the dark ages, after roman empire fall Iberic Peninsula aka Spain and Portugal were invaded by muslams that eventually got their ass kicked back to Iran or something, maybe that's why saracens exist.

In fact there are still major arabic culture residues (speacially in town names) in portuguese culture

Himse

FH is my second home
Basic_X said:
make mythic introduce a Negro morph form :rolleyes:

No ***** morphs, give classes + races

Classes: theif, gangster, retard
Race: halfcast, purenigga

Theif: Ability to steal from peoples inventories and houses.
Gangster: Concels weapons, transports illegal substances around daoc, also entrances enemys with silly words that rhyme and make a song.
Retard: general ******, they keep the towns clean and operate all the shops.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Mythic should of just played Pendragon Table Top first then made DAOC.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
leviathane said:
no offence intended here but how many black ppl do you think were in europe in the dark ages.

The moors ruled spain during the dark ages from about the 8th century to 1085 when toledo was conqured by the christians. Took another 150 years to remove the moors from spain totally.

Generally the term "dark ages" refers to the lack of progress and writing between the 6th and 11th century. When the moors were defeated a lot of their writing and science was translated, contributing a great deal to western understanding :)

So there was a lot of black people, as well as arabs, who at the time were often referred to as saracens.

Eyres

Banned
Elrandhir said:
This is just so silly tbh, lots of other race color that aint in there either!

Yeah ofcourse it's racism, don't understand why some people have to think that whenever something aint as they wants to.

Pointless thread, and a very pointless argument about something that dosent exist anywhere in this game but in Eyres mind.

it was meant as a bit of a joke, chill out

noaim said:
Valkyns been ingame since SI.

hahaha

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
And especially for the blacks you can get shiny hooves, eye caps and tiger print saddle cloth for their steed.. Black casters would have a cane instead of a staff and croc leather sneakers instead of boots..

Seriously i couldnt give a rats as.. I would boink a purple with greeen spots chick if she was hot enuf..

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Megarevs said:
how many black people were there in the 900-1300 yr England Ireland and Scandinavia? close to 0
How many dragons were there? ^^

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
it was meant as a bit of a joke, chill out

Aha, ooh yeah I can almost see the fun in the post eh eh eh rofl rofl :<<

Atleast make it fun so you can tell it's a joke then =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom