where's everyone playing?

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
... on devon?

not sure which realm to roll, any idea which has most .eu people?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Mid Devon/Hib Killibury

Any realm on Devon is fairly active for EU players...

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Alb Devon atm but still struggling to get groups - going to prep some Hibs for the mega clusterf**k. Which means I need to get LGM's again :(.

Everz

FH is my second home
KILLLIBURY FTWINZ!

No zerging trash like devon :>.

Deld

Loyal Freddie
Hey all looking for some advice about starting on US. I'm just gonna play the free trial for now but I haven't played in about 3-4 years so really have no clue about any of the new stuff that has happened.

I have played some free shards and on there managed to get the old icons, is this possible on the real servers, do I just load a UI with old icons like I did for the shard? Also, ToA is alot easier now? How so? When I last played you had to farm all the scrolls from specific mobs etc etc. I think I'll roll a vamp to start with but I'm really more of a caster guy so maybe a chanter with BB I dunno just fancy playing again but I want something that levels quick :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Also, ToA is alot easier now? How so?

Yes. You can get credit for achieving ML steps without having to do them in order and having the previous ML under your belt. You can also buy credit for ML steps for bounty points, which is a nice touch. ML xp seems to have been increased too.

Artifact scrolls drop from lots of different types of mobs now in ToA, you will find housing merchants are full of the things. But if you do struggle to find a popular scroll or set of scrolls you can also buy them for bounty points.

Deld

Loyal Freddie
Yes. You can get credit for achieving ML steps without having to do them in order and having the previous ML under your belt. You can also buy credit for ML steps for bounty points, which is a nice touch. ML xp seems to have been increased too.

Artifact scrolls drop from lots of different types of mobs now in ToA, you will find housing merchants are full of the things. But if you do struggle to find a popular scroll or set of scrolls you can also buy them for bounty points.

Ah sounds better :p You still have to do the encounter though right? I can't remember much from ToA tbh but the arti now drops for everyone or multiple times I think I read somewhere? Anyway, wheres the best place to level now? Do the classic zones give the best xp, I hate instances.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Ah sounds better :p You still have to do the encounter though right? I can't remember much from ToA tbh but the arti now drops for everyone or multiple times I think I read somewhere? Anyway, wheres the best place to level now? Do the classic zones give the best xp, I hate instances.

Practically everything on ML can be done with a fg now it that easy.

Soulja

Turamber

Part of the furniture

A number of artifact encounters have been made a lot easier. But the main thing is that everyone gets credit for the artifact if they are present when the encounter is completed successfully. No more hit and miss over the artifact even dropping, after camping the thing for hours. Zzzzzz.

Just going back to ML again -- one of the biggest improvements they've made is that you can port between dungeons and zones much more easily.

Classic zones give excellent xp but the best places to level are frontier regions. My guild took me into the labyrinth a few times as a 2x and a 3x and I got some excellent xp there, ditto Darkness Falls.

I was taken around PoC last night on my baby bainshee by a friendly guild and got 21 levels in about an hour. Now that was impressive, although I still don't know how to play the damn thing...

Deld

Loyal Freddie
A number of artifact encounters have been made a lot easier. But the main thing is that everyone gets credit for the artifact if they are present when the encounter is completed successfully. No more hit and miss over the artifact even dropping, after camping the thing for hours. Zzzzzz.

Just going back to ML again -- one of the biggest improvements they've made is that you can port between dungeons and zones much more easily.

Classic zones give excellent xp but the best places to level are frontier regions. My guild took me into the labyrinth a few times as a 2x and a 3x and I got some excellent xp there, ditto Darkness Falls.

I was taken around PoC last night on my baby bainshee by a friendly guild and got 21 levels in about an hour. Now that was impressive, although I still don't know how to play the damn thing...

Nice sounds much better! I was just reading the other thread about this Ywain server that is in development, do you think its best to start on Killibury rather than Devon because it would be easier to level etc. Only problem I can see is that the server is delayed or doesnt happen and then you are stuck on a low pop cluster. Hmm...

Zede

Part of the furniture
Nice sounds much better! I was just reading the other thread about this Ywain server that is in development, do you think its best to start on Killibury rather than Devon because it would be easier to level etc. Only problem I can see is that the server is delayed or doesnt happen and then you are stuck on a low pop cluster. Hmm...

0-50 in 3 days, ML 1 to 10 in 2 days, all artis in a few hours.

just levelling artis & gettin CLs now. I levelled way back in the day, levelling an eld now, just gone from 23-30 in 3 hours, which is nice :)

Deld

Loyal Freddie
0-50 in 3 days, ML 1 to 10 in 2 days, all artis in a few hours.

just levelling artis & gettin CLs now. I levelled way back in the day, levelling an eld now, just gone from 23-30 in 3 hours, which is nice :)

Whoa thats crazy! You got a guild there then? Must have had a few groups etc with druid? I remember getting a bubble at day at lvl 49 on my wiz in barrows, lol so long ago. Only problem I got now is what to roll and on Devon or not :p

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
if youre goin to roll something in the next week or 2 you might as well do devon, it really is very fast to get a char sorted out, my sorc dinged 50 on the friday and within the next 7 days id got all mls done up to and inc ml9 and my artis done and im only really a part timer nowadays :) couple of hours every other nite or so.

the only thing that doesnt seem to go too fast is arti lvling, but maybe thats just cos its been so long since i kitted out a toa toon or just the fact i dont like doing it :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
If you're lucky enough to be around when ML raids are doing the rounds it can be pretty quick. I dinged 50 on my warden, what, two weeks or so ago? Hit ML9 this evening.

Still building my template but I am a very casual player indeed.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
If you're lucky enough to be around when ML raids are doing the rounds it can be pretty quick. I dinged 50 on my warden, what, two weeks or so ago? Hit ML9 this evening.

Still building my template but I am a very casual player indeed.

Well we did ml7 to ml 9 as a fg yesterday afternoon and went through it np

Soulja

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Hib/Morgan - Enchanter (24) and Vamp (30+)
Alb/Morgan - Scout (10)
Mid/Somewhere - Shaman (10)
Hib/Mordred - Vamp (43, for the sake of leveling)

Guilded on Alb(Morgan) within 10m of playing, nice guild.

Leveling 40+ is boring as fuck though =( I mean, if I can find a spot where I can chain it's constant xp, but just sooo boring.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
anyone on alb devon that knows me from camlann and can let me borrow a necro or something? ;d plllllllllleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Am playing on Alb Morgan. Can't decide between leveling a Sorc or Caba for generally PvE and small scale RvR, anyone got any advice on which is the better class atm?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Think you'll find more players returning to DAoC now the WAR expansion fell flat on it's face.

It's still the best rvr around, after all these years there is still really nothing which comes close.

Everz

FH is my second home
Ywain makes me sad, its just going to be as bad as Devon is currently.

I dont think DAOC can handle high pop anymore imo..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom