Where to go, what to kill.... advice needed please

A

Anatole

Could anyone recommend a good xp hunting ground for a 21 Infiltrator?.... everywhere I go, I end up dying, and my rez costs are starting to build........

I use pierce weapons (natch) and I sometimes team up with my girlfriends 17 cabalist.....

Also, can anyone recommend a good friendly guild to join? We're not on very often, so we dont want to join an 'over enthusiastic' guild where we are obligated to 3 hunts a week - just someone to chat with and insult (in a friendly way) whilst I'm dying.... again...... :)

Thanks

S

Sibanac

We'll gladly take you in <The Merry Men>
We are an easy going guild, no real obligations on joining in events ect ... just dont grief other players is about the only rule we have.

We are a decent sized guild

Benifits are you get to insult chilly all day long, call Firestarr a slag, and tell dirty jokes
If yer intrested pm any of TMM online and they'll sort it out

our webby : http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=2902&TabID=20024

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

TMM are very nice people. I was not threatened or coerced in anyway to say this.

O

old.m0000

yes chilly is a great guy and everyone loves him

ps: yes chilly I do take cheque

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.m0000
yes chilly is a great guy and everyone loves him

ps: yes chilly I do take cheque

bah he's a smite gimp slacker, thats lost his mind from inhaling to much fumes while making ablative procs

O

old.Darkan

Chilly is a tart.

I reckon ytou are right about the fumes too, 'e stinks!

A

Anatole

"Hello?..... Police?......"

"Yes, I'd like to report a hijacking..... yes, its my thread......."

j/k guys

Sibanac - Im not sure how I'd cope with merry.... Im usually sarcastic, and occasionally ironic... but, what the heck.... I'll give one of you a shout next time im on :)

Villageidiot - any advice on what to hunt in cornwall - keltoi kills me as soon as i unstealth ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Anatole
Villageidiot - any advice on what to hunt in cornwall - keltoi kills me as soon as i unstealth ;)

If you are dying solo in Keltoi at level 21 you REALLY need to sort your gear out before looking elsewhere.

W

whuzzy

Well ... i know i'm just Whuzz but since i really hate hate hate keltoi, i always level all my chars from 18-24 (can go even higher, alot higher if u have a group), in Tepok, it's a rather nice place once you get a hang of it (As said ... once u get a hang of it), many people even don't know where to find it and there are only very few people around there mostly, only problem is with the lackness of people that when dying ... u mostly don't have anybody around to give ya a rezz and you'll have to come running down from Snow station again.
The xp over there is nice and the mobs are various levels ... in the first room the gobbos are around 20-24 so perfect place for soloing, just remember to stick to the wall if fighthing since the aggro in there is rather mean ^^

Whuzz 8O)

C

corentmm

w00t we got a slagging Chilly thread going on BW, he'll be pleased.

C

corentmm

Yes Tepok is a great place but It certainly takes some getting used to (i.e. the high level nameds on their little rampages)

W

whuzzy

well ... the higher level things on their small rampages mostly don't come to the first room, that's why i also suggested it for him @ level 21 to solo, although i've seen a juggernaut being lost to the first room and that was a ugly ugly purple view.
And since they made the entrance mobs (some bears and crawlers that are level17-19) non-aggro now it is also really easy to get inside.

Whuzz

M

Mage

Anatole - I had similar prob with Mage. In the end I found Forest Sauvage to be cool just beyond main gates taking out the wolves and deathstalkers and the odd snake. They give good exp especially if you vary the mob types.

Downside is there's no local healer but I didn't die often., You might get bushwacked by a hig lvl mib/hib a few times but its no exp loss and most just blow kisses or hug you as killing you alerts others to their location.

We're also recruiting - pm me or others in the guild (see tilda's sticky of alliance listing for full contact list). From the sound of it you'd have a hoot talking to Kunichi in our guild - you sound just like him :) (pm any char starting kunuchi to spk to him and see 4 urself ;) )

S

Sibanac

Sibanac - Im not sure how I'd cope with merry.... Im usually sarcastic, and occasionally ironic... but, what the heck.... I'll give one of you a shout next time im on :)

you'll feel right at home !

BTW i want to see more chilly slagging in this thread !

I'll give you guys another one to get started :

Chilly couldnt organize a pissup in a brewery, the titbag

F

Fagane

Infront of CWS are bears on the hill. These are vurnable to pierce.

Tepok should be oke, just watch where you go, and walk stealthed down to the 4 rooms (left from entrance). Enough opertunity to solo there.

Fagane

L

Lorthania

Llyn Barfog is virtually deserted, although you can lvl for days on end there:

- first: black bears and those gwrgdrg things
- moving on to: cwnn awn and lower lvl cythrauls
- followed by: higher cythrauls and wicked cythrauls
- finally: undead monks and skellies up the hill near the cloister
- and probably some more mobs for higher lvls

My cabby went from 20-26 there in a matter of days and could still be there now, but got bored of the scenery and moved to Cornwall.

Two added bonuses:
- a shop nearby to sell loot
- cabby epics (and some other chars too) are all done in Snowdonia/Llyn Barfog, so no needless running about

Well, just a thought :)

F

Fagane

Problem with Lyn Barfog is that most mobs are thrust resist there and vurnable to spirit/crush. For an Infiltrator the area is not that well. (my frair did a lot of solo leveling there).

Fagane

A

Anatole

Thanks for the help guys :)

Not sure where to try first though....... ah, choices.....

Just a quick last couple of questions......

1. (Im not a newbie, but I havent played for a few months.... ) Is CWS Caer Witrin?... I think it is, but it could mean CornWall Station (or even Chilly Wears Suspenders....)...

2. Wuzzy -
i always level all my chars from 18-24 (can go even higher, alot higher if u have a group), in Tepok, it's a rather nice place once you get a hang of it (As said ... once u get a hang of it)
- what do you mean by get the hang of it.... could you explain this a little further.....

3. Mage -
Kunichi in our guild - you sound just like him
- Is this a good thing?...... ;)

4. Does anyone have any spare change?

(ONLY JOKING!! The voices in my head do not support or condone begging in any form unless they really need the money......)

Thanks again for the help :)

M

Moody

Originally posted by Pin
If you are dying solo in Keltoi at level 21 you REALLY need to sort your gear out before looking elsewhere.

Since this is probaly his first char, he will not be ubertwinked like the rest of us. Wearing blue armor (at best) and blue qual 89% weapons.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Moody
Since this is probaly his first char, he will not be ubertwinked like the rest of us. Wearing blue armor (at best) and blue qual 89% weapons.

I wasn't ubertwinked when I levelled my Inf over a year ago in Keltoi. That was before the class got 2.5x spec points, before poison boost, before random dropped armour with reasonable stats was available in vast quantities from all over.

Nowadays, levelling in general is massively easier than it used to be.

P

Pin

Is CWS Caer Witrin?... I think it is, but it could mean CornWall Station (or even Chilly Wears Suspenders....)...

It's Cornwall Station. The W is mainly in there to distinguish from Castle Sauvage.

F

Fagane

Some of the dungeons and areas have sertain quirks. If you know them its fairly safe to walk around there, if you do not know them you could get killed fast.

For example:

Lyn Barfog:
A lot of wandering mobs, but mostly got pre-fix paths, so you can avoid them by knowing how they walk. Also the Epic Mobs are safe to be (neutral con) and got no agro pop nearby (good rest spot).

Keltoi:
Only gremlins are high agro, all the low level druids (forgot the name) can often safely be walked by if you do not attack them. Even when they con agro.

And more of this. Usualy it takes some time to know a zone well, but when you know it, its very easy.

Fagane

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Fagane
Some of the dungeons and areas have sertain quirks. If you know them its fairly safe to walk around there, if you do not know them you could get killed fast.

For example:

Topoks mine :

the undead miners after first room are none aggro and no aggro comes there (normaly) that makes it a good place to rest
If you see the dude the place is named after, turn around hit sprint and pray you make it out side unless you are 40+

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Tepoks is a great place to hunt as long as you have someone to rez you nearby. ;)

Some nice drops as well.

W

whuzzy

what do you mean by get the hang of it.... could you explain this a little further.....

Tepok, once you get a hang of it ... hmm ... by that i just bout meant that there is loads of aggro going thru there and there are not many safe places to camp (only about 1 spot) and once you get used to pulling your mobs to you, and killing them @ the wall and not in the middle of the room, you can get very nice solo xp there.

the undead miners after first room are none aggro and no aggro comes there (normaly) that makes it a good place to rest

Now that would be too nice, but unfortunately there is 1 hungry cave fisher (aggro), and 2 goblins (aggro)that come & pass by there from time to time.

Whuzz

M

Mage

If you can match Kunichii's banter I'll sort your final question (gold) personally! ;)

If you join the guild you can expect to receive support (crafted gear etc) after a week or so. You'd get some gold once you join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom