Where to get a nice glowy mace?

O

old.Ramas

There are no good cleric drops in this game.

For good glowy maces, you'd be looking at the Dragon, and that's about it - there are a couple of passable glowies in sidi.

Everything in DF is crap.

For non-glowies there are plenty that drop in Caer Diogel.

However the mobs in there have very high resistance to every attack bar the 'giv plat' style.

V

Vasconcelos

Dartmoor

Pitty none bothers to go there nowadays....

H

heilel

OK,
Dartmoor, Dragon and Cær Sidi.
OK, thanks,
I'll try going to a dragon hunt sometime..:)

F

Fagane

Devwy got good glowies to if you do not mind 94-95% quality

H

heilel

Originally posted by Fagane
Devwy got good glowies to if you do not mind 94-95% quality

Well, the mace I have now is nice coz it gives me REjuv and piety nd con bonuses, but as far as damge goes, I hadly ever use it in combat anyway, so quality doesn't really matter much.

And thanks for the tip.

O

old.Ramas

What's your spec?

+rejuv does nothing if your trained rejuv spec is near your level.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Dartmoor will be good after 1.62 because everything will be glowy and I think there are some new drops as well.

Same for Llyn Barfog. Dunno if there are any mace drops but if there are then they will glow. ;)

stone_breaker.jpg

This one is particularly sexy. :)

scale_crusher.jpg

Apparently this one is from the hard ghost families. Never seen it before though.

royalarcane_mace.jpg

This last one is from HoTC. You will be lucky to get a group to go in there though because nobody thinks it is worth it...which is a shame. :(

H

heilel

Originally posted by old.Ramas
What's your spec?

+rejuv does nothing if your trained rejuv spec is near your level.

43 rejuv
30 enhance
12 Smite.

H

heilel

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Dartmoor will be good after 1.62 because everything will be glowy and I think there are some new drops as well.

Same for Llyn Barfog. Dunno if there are any mace drops but if there are then they will glow. ;)

http://guide.lagmonster.com/pics/stone_breaker.jpg

This one is particularly sexy. :)

http://guide.lagmonster.com/pics/scale_crusher.jpg

Apparently this one is from the hard ghost families. Never seen it before though.

http://guide.lagmonster.com/pics/royalarcane_mace.jpg

This last one is from HoTC. You will be lucky to get a group to go in there though because nobody thinks it is worth it...which is a shame. :(

Ooh, where is the first one then? I want that one..:)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Dartmoor and it drops from random named mobs...but not till 1.62 I think.

H

heilel

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Dartmoor and it drops from random named mobs...but not till 1.62 I think.

OK, I'll wait until then...thanks.
Anywhere in particular in Dartmoor?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

No idea. Get yerself a map and hunt down all the named mobs you can find. Better bring a few friends though as the aggro can be pretty intense at times. :)

H

heilel

I'm looking at a map ATM.
I'll ask some guildies next time I'm playing to come along.

[edit] uh, after the 1.62 patch that is.

But I'll goto a dragon hunt or two meanwhile.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by heilel
I'm looking at a map ATM.
I'll ask some guildies next time I'm playing to come along.

[edit] uh, after the 1.62 patch that is.

But I'll goto a dragon hunt or two meanwhile.

DM is axtualy a pretty good place to xp some low 40 chars on drop hunts.

Just take about 4 lvl 46+ chars and fill rest with 42+, the 42 will help you deal with the adds and you will be able to take almost all nameds

X

xplo

Tower keeper / guardian drops a glowy cleric mace with some nice stats, tijl from my guild has one.

O

old.Ramas

43 rejuv
30 enhance
12 Smite.

Only thing +rejuv ever does is reduce heal variance, and at 43 rejuv, you are on the cusp of zero variance anyway.

Try a few base heals with and without your +rejuv items equipped.

Note tiny change in variance.

That is what +rejuv is doing for you.

The reason cleric drops tend to suck in such annoying ways is that we have a siginficant number of pointless stats....

+rejuv : only effects variance, which is near-zero anyway on most normal cleric templates, does nothing at all once modified rejuv is almost equal to your level.

+enh : currently does nothing except when casting base buffs on higher level players - where it could add as much as +5 to each buff (if you have +11 enhance) in ideal cirumstances (your spec < 35, target player > 10 levels higher than you). After the next patch it could add +5 to every base stat buff cast on a player at or above your level, assuming your trained enhance spec is < 35.

+smite : does nothing at all unless you use the base smite spell a lot. In which case it reduces variance. Note that it has no effect whatsoever on stun, or any spec spells.

+power : pointless

At least one of the above will appear on almost every damn drop.

On the plus side, it means SC templates for clerics are easy. You only need cap CON, DEX, PIE, HP & Resists. STR is an optional nice-to-have for siege carrying purposes.

C

Coim-

depends what lvl you are, one dropped at ghost houses (not the hard ones) think it was a lvl 43(ish) one, blue glow, +piety +enhance +rejuv and +somethingelse and a nice proc :D
edit - also the mobs aren't too tough, me (when i was lvl 48) and a 50 paladin were just farming them :D

H

heilel

OK, interesting info.
BTw, My Cleric is lvl 50 and has his Epic armor, which gives other various adds.

H

heilel

Originally posted by xplo
Tower keeper / guardian drops a glowy cleric mace with some nice stats, tijl from my guild has one.

Where's this Tower keeper?

H

heilel

Only thing +rejuv ever does is reduce heal variance, and at 43 rejuv, you are on the cusp of zero variance anyway.

Try a few base heals with and without your +rejuv items equipped.

OK, I'll do some tests tonight, thanks..:)

O

old.Ramas

BTw, My Cleric is lvl 50 and has his Epic armor, which gives other various adds.

So that's +4 rejuv from your epic, before long you'll have +2 from realm rank. That brings rejuv spec to 49. At 49 you will certainly see zero variance.

H

heilel

So that's +4 rejuv from your epic, before long you'll have +2 from realm rank. That brings rejuv spec to 49. At 49 you will certainly see zero variance.

OK, so items that add to my spell lines are largely useless.
I'm RR 2.6 I think.

V

Volt_

I have a Stone Breaker you can buy if still interested.

camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=2572&*

Volt

H

heilel

Originally posted by iago
I have a Stone Breaker you can buy if still interested.

camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=2572&*

Volt

Is there a pic of that in use somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom