Where to buy US version?

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Well seeing as the non-toa/ranged buffs servers goes live in US in like 2 weeks i've been thinking of doing yet another comeback to daoc... :) And since GOA seems to go with the "wait-and-see and then maybe maybe if we wait a little more and maybe in 6 months we'll get a server, maybe"-approach i've been thinking of going to the US.

So do anyone here know where you can buy a key and download the US version or if any internetshop actually delivers an US copy of the game? I would need the original game + all expansions since i guess everyone will xp in the catacombs zones.. (or original+SI+cata but i guess all-in-one will be cheaper).

Thanks for any help!
Ugh... if I start I will have Battlefield 2, Guildwars and Daoc to play.. 3 great games, to little time!! Think i'll have to quit my boring work.... :D
/Ozi

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Saggy, but that is only serial right, no download? Or can i download from GOA and haxx00rr!11 it somehow to make it US version?

Anyone have any experience with gamersloot.net?

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ozilia said:
Thanks Saggy, but that is only serial right, no download? Or can i download from GOA and haxx00rr!11 it somehow to make it US version?
There is dowload for Catacombs which is all you need. You can change UK-version to US-version by editing update.dat (use the search for it :p). I ordered my Catacombs from gamersloot and had no problems with it.

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
There is dowload for Catacombs which is all you need. You can change UK-version to US-version by editing update.dat (use the search for it :p). I ordered my Catacombs from gamersloot and had no problems with it.

Cool, thanks again for the help Saggy. Now to the hard part, trying to decide wether(sp?) to buy or not..... :)

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm no edit?

Anyway just one more question: if I download the 14day trial from the official homepage, can i then buy a cdkey and continue playing on the same accont? Or do you have to start over with a new char?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you do a 14 day trial you can continue playing. You will have to buy the expansions though (I believe the US free trial gives you the catacombs client but not TOA or catacombs expansions - same as the EU free trial)

Syri

FH is my second home
another store you can use, if you want to buy the cd, is www.dvdboxoffice.com
they're based in canada, and it's free shipping. pretty fast too.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:

What search ? ;p

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I got mine a couple of days ago. I just bought from www.cdromshop.com and emailed them asking to open the box and send me the cd keys. It saved on the shipping and meant I got to play pretty much instantly.

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
keano said:
That site seems pretty expensive http://www.elite-guides.com/cdkeys.html is quite abit cheaper, has several thousand ebay feedback aswell. I haven't used it befour though, maybe soon though ;)

That seems pretty cool, think i'm gonna order. Daoc+SI and Catacombs is like $40 = £20, with 14 days free play. Don't really need toa for the US account, if I wanted to play toa I would just activate my account here...
Can probably download from the page Saggy told us, is torrent files so should be quite fast.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ozilia said:
Can probably download from the page Saggy told us, is torrent files so should be quite fast.
Took me 5 days :p Probably faster to download it from GOA and edit update.dat.

Change it to:

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Took me 5 days :p Probably faster to download it from GOA and edit update.dat.

Change it to:

Mythic Patch

Saggy can I send you flowers or something? :) Just came here again to say that there's one (1) guy seeding catacombs atm, not the best download speeds hehe... but then ofc Saggy my saviour comes here and makes my day!!
Thanks, going to dl from GOA and make the order for cd-keys from Keano's site... see you at US servers the 14th :)

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ozilia said:
Saggy can I send you flowers or something? :)
Sending flowers all the way to Finland will be too expensive, just PM me with some hardcore cyboring if you really want to cheer me up :cool:

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Argh didn't make the time limit to edit.. anyway:

This is so confusing it makes me feel like a 3-yearold... :)

Ok, I can only find the TOA client on GOAs page, no catacombs client? Then mythic has their 14daytrial download, but that's also 1.9gb, the same as GOAs TOA client, so guess that's without the Cata zones aswell.

Then mythic have a "Catacombs engine upgrade" if you have Camelot+SI, but i guess that's only graphics, not the actual cata zones right? So anyone know where you can download the FULL cata client?

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ozilia said:
Ok, I can only find the TOA client on GOAs page, no catacombs client? Then mythic has their 14daytrial download, but that's also 1.9gb, the same as GOAs TOA client, so guess that's without the Cata zones aswell.
Send me a private message so we can figure out a way to send you the essential files for full Cata download (6Mb). Unless someone host those files first [update.dat (EU one), game.dll and camelot.exe] :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom