Where or what mob drops the most greater power myths?

illu

Part of the furniture
I tried Absorbacrom 5 times and got nothing. Apparently someone mentioned Cerberus?
I just want to get this Greater Power Myth drop and get the hell out of Lab and back to RvR as PvE is just boring.
With 10 people on the Server at 3am tonight, me being the only middy in lab trying to get this poxy drop, there is a guy who logged in his easymode baseline stunning Hib just to have a look and see if there were any easy kills to be had.
Yes I died in an RvR zone, but on a "quiet" server at 3am, you don't really expect to be screwed over. It's basically griefing - but allowed in the rules. He successfully killed me (not hard when my toons were specced for farming and I wasn't expecting it), and all I can say is well done!
I hope you enjoyed the RPs.
No wonder there is no one left on the Server.
Then I log in my SB to take him out, and then he logs in his middy toon to pretty much "brag" about it. /sigh

I bet he logged in his middy toon, did a /who 50 and saw a middy in lab and thought - hey - I could get a couple of RP on my hibby toon.

Anyway, tell me where I can get one, because there has been bugger all in housing for AGES.

Oli - Illu

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
best bet is Absorbacom, atleast he drops Greater Myth quite often. Probably killed him 30-40+ times before I had a Greater Power and Health one though.

Spirit Guardian -never- dropped anything for me.
Might'n'Magic are rumoured to be able to drop them too, never seen anything on them though.

P.S. a little minefield at the entrance and a bot watching the back of the room helps ;)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
7 mobs drop red myths. those are:

maghras
absorbacrom
agramon
cerberus
spirit guardian
dracolich
and that goblin king, forgot his name.

Cylian, how did u farm SG btw? with valk hot? that big ugly simply pwned me.....

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I tried Absorbacrom 5 times and got nothing. Apparently someone mentioned Cerberus?

Did you get no drops at all? If you kill Absorbacrom 5 times I would expect at least a couple of mytheriums to drop. These won't necessarily be power mytheriums but you should be getting a greater CL10 myth drop. If you are not getting anything you might be bugging the encounter.

Cerberus no longer drops greater power mytheriums. When laby was first released he did but this was fixed.

Absorbacrom is probably the best bet for gettng a greater power myth. Spirit Guardian is also fine. I have recieved a power mytherium from Might and Magic but that encounter can be tricky to solo farm because one is melee and the other is magic immune.

If you want to get out of the laby I suggest you go and kill the mobs Alpha, Beta, Gamma etc they are inbetween might and Magic and Absorbacrom. They only drop middle mytheriums but you can kill them all once quickly and I normally get at least one middle power mytherium which is good enough for most people.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
7 mobs drop red myths. those are:

maghras
absorbacrom
agramon
cerberus
spirit guardian
dracolich
and that goblin king, forgot his name.

Cylian, how did u farm SG btw? with valk hot? that big ugly simply pwned me.....

When I killed the goblin king (Muxog) he drop a greater CL8 mytherium every time.

To farm Spirit guardian you can focus farm it and place your toons in a "hard to reach place" for mobs.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
When I killed the goblin king (Muxog) he drop a greater CL8 mytherium every time.

Didnt do it myself - read on VN. Guess it is BS.

To farm Spirit guardian you can focus farm it and place your toons in a "hard to reach place" for mobs.

Dont know them :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
bot on the balcony and the SG will (usually) beat on the pet.

Had an occassion where he'd follow me through the whole darn labyrinth though.

killed him a dozen times, and a BoC was a happening. Not worth it.

Absorbacom is faster to kill, safer and more rewarding.

and once every 5 kills you get a shiny light sabre ;)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
bot on the balcony and the SG will (usually) beat on the pet.

Despite excessive healing? Hmm....interesting.

and a BoC was a happening

BoC?

and once every 5 kills you get a shiny light sabre

got mine on 19th kill iirc. Total Absor count is 61. hate him :)

Absorbacom is faster to kill, safer and more rewarding.

Requires aggro management though - when he spawns adds at 50% - very easy to overheal. I remember pulling back when he did that to safely clear aggro - while trying to keep him aggroed and on tether to avoid going back and heal...

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Despite excessive healing? Hmm....interesting.

as long as he doesn't bug out, he'll stand _under_ your bot, but out of reach to actually hit him, so he's beating on the pet instead.

The most uber of all drops ... Bag of Coins!

got mine on 19th kill iirc. Total Absor count is 61. hate him :)

Requires aggro management though - when he spawns adds at 50% - very easy to overheal. I remember pulling back when he did that to safely clear aggro - while trying to keep him aggroed and on tether to avoid going back and heal...

Easy to handle with 35 Dark, 41 Summ.

Grab a Minotaur Pikeman around Nurizane's Crossing, clear the Prototypes before pulling.
Put your bot in a corner at the entrance -> target Pet.
Pull Absorbacom and drag him into view of your bot.
Focus him down, if a Expulsion spawns, kill that either by putting the pet on it, or blasting it away with nukes.
Just under 60% start healing your pet to 100% health and keep it there until he's at 50%, cease all healing and wait for the new wave of Prototypes to hit the pet atleast once, then just keep healing. Should be easy to keep up with them without overhealing, if one runs for your bot, wait until it's there and blast it to pieces.

If you got time and prefer the safe route, focus him down to 50% and run off or die and rezz up, kill the prototypes one after another and on the 2nd focus attempt they won't spawn at 50%. ;)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
That tactic didnt work reliably for me...ocassional overheal, some prototype comes beating on bot, heals stop, pet down, bot and sm get zerged. So i used 'pull off' method - and boss is on tether - so ge cant come closer but still agro. And if he deaggros - i simply run and nuke him once with SM to get him back - while pet clears off summoned prototypes.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Mahgras is doable too, but the timing is rather tricky and unreliable (for me atleast).

There's a guide on VN.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
<mwuahaha> 2nd Maghras kill and the Greater Power Myth dropped :]

illu

Part of the furniture
Nice tactics - thanks for the advice :)
And giv that power myth! :p

I'm not doing too bad at Absorba, and I'm going to try that not healing at 50% thing and let the pet get aggro and see how it goes, as that part can sometimes cause at least one death.

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
PS what are the easiest and quickest of the mobs to kill out of that list of 7 that is likely to drop a greater power myth?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Absorbacom
Mahgras (once you know what you're doing)
Spirit Guardian
Cerberus (Tank)

Muxoq
Dracolich
Agramon
...good luck trying to focus these :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
kill cerb, place bot through wall, place fop leave group heal button on and afk with sm with focus sheild up and aggro pet.

Lokeh

Fledgling Freddie
Cerberus is one of the easiest mobs to kill in lab. It cant move, and if you pull it the right way it aggros your pet and not you. I've got 2 Greater Power Myths there in one evening. The respawn timer seems random aswell, seen it instapop.

ps...the rp was sweet :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Cerberus is one of the easiest mobs to kill in lab. It cant move, and if you pull it the right way it aggros your pet and not you. I've got 2 Greater Power Myths there in one evening. The respawn timer seems random aswell, seen it instapop.

ps...the rp was sweet :p

Did they drop recently? I didn't think cerbeous dropped them anymore.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
PS what are the easiest and quickest of the mobs to kill out of that list of 7 that is likely to drop a greater power myth?

Cerberus is by far the easiest and fastest. Once u kill him first time place bot outside the door and jam the grp heal button works nice. And his drop rate is oki. Worst drop rate i have seen is by far Spirit guardian, but on avalon he is alot safer than all the other mobs:) I guess its mainly due to population.
Also agramon with 2 peps and a few toons is well rewarding as he drops a greater myth each kill.

Chance

Loyal Freddie
if u can get a few casters (2/3 sms 1/2 rms/bds 1 or 2 of the casters should have crystal titan) all with greater focus myth u can kill agramon in about 1 min.. he got the highest drop rate since he is the highest lvl mob (Ive heard) and has a instant-10min repop timer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom