Where Is the PK

Fuddle

Fledgling Freddie
.. kinda self explainitary ..

Seems only Fear/SpaNNiarD pk, rest only pk at stpid times against solo'ers or quit the first time they loose, soon we will resort to knocking on keep doors to make people come out to play
:twak:

Graveen

Fledgling Freddie
/who camlann 180ppl yesterday at midnight...

Camlann, WL/VAMP/LAME powered !

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Oh right, because 8 vs 8 against a rog group requires skill. /clap clap..

Urgh, I can't say RvR groups would do well here because they can't (I've seen) I can't say most of the Camlann guilds do well because... They can't.... SOMEBODY needs to get a non-rog-non-gimped player guild running just for 8v8 =\

I'm sure the big guilds are getting bored.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Oh right, because 8 vs 8 against a rog group requires skill. /clap clap..

Urgh, I can't say RvR groups would do well here because they can't (I've seen) I can't say most of the Camlann guilds do well because... They can't.... SOMEBODY needs to get a non-rog-non-gimped player guild running just for 8v8 =\

I'm sure the big guilds are getting bored.

Dominion is like 10% of the server right now and still reqruiting.... :cheers:

Think both Horde and Fear is closed atm

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Fear recruiting is open according to their forum. Horde is closed for months now

Shintari

Fledgling Freddie
where is the pk - its slowly dying, at least this is my impression.

the problem is that more people stop playing than newcommers are really involved in the high level 8vs8. its too hard for newbies on camlann to get their stuff ready. in earlier times, lets say 1 year ago, there were alot of guilds - doing more or less decent pk - recruiting also new people without anything and supported them.

but what do you have today? there are like only 3-4 decent pk guilds who are worth to think about an application, but normally those guilds are already fine with their current members. and these guilds cant be arsed to do more pvm stuff for totally beginners, and that is ok, noone likes that.

so what are the newcommers doing? no decent guild means more or less a solochar, often a vamp or wl, and going to spots where you have easy rps and dont have to wait for fights. why? because there is no alternative, i guess many of them would like to do 8vs8 with a decent group, but there are no guilds like nexus,adre, horde or lastwave etc.etc in thsoe day recruiting these people as well.

attempts to do an own guilds often fail, because most people already judge these guilds to be splitted in 2 weeks.

and sooner or later the motivation fades, and people are leaving again because they werent able to get in touch with the nice pvp you !can! have on cam, when the rest fits, but its too hard nowadays.

its a vicious circle, but guilds like fear or horde cant invite more people, that wouldnt bring more pk at all, but what to do, i cant think of any solution than some groups of friends willing to paly on cam and doing small guilds and recruit, but that prob. wont happened because of the pvp reputation camlann has atm, the vicious circle :/

NeLSoN

Fledgling Freddie
it doesnt matter if the other guilds recruit, cos if they are 24/7 pve never will be pvp

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Shintari said:

the problem is that more people stop playing than newcommers are really involved in the high level 8vs8. its too hard for newbies on camlann to get their stuff ready. in earlier times, lets say 1 year ago, there were alot of guilds - doing more or less decent pk - recruiting also new people without anything and supported them.

but what do you have today? there are like only 3-4 decent pk guilds who are worth to think about an application, but normally those guilds are already fine with their current members. and these guilds cant be arsed to do more pvm stuff for totally beginners, and that is ok, noone likes that.

so what are the newcommers doing? no decent guild means more or less a solochar, often a vamp or wl, and going to spots where you have easy rps and dont have to wait for fights. why? because there is no alternative, i guess many of them would like to do 8vs8 with a decent group, but there are no guilds like nexus,adre, horde or lastwave etc.etc in thsoe day recruiting these people as well.

attempts to do an own guilds often fail, because most people already judge these guilds to be splitted in 2 weeks.

and sooner or later the motivation fades, and people are leaving again because they werent able to get in touch with the nice pvp you !can! have on cam, when the rest fits, but its too hard nowadays.

its a vicious circle, but guilds like fear or horde cant invite more people, that wouldnt bring more pk at all, but what to do, i cant think of any solution than some groups of friends willing to paly on cam and doing small guilds and recruit, but that prob. wont happened because of the pvp reputation camlann has atm, the vicious circle :/

Such..a..moving..speech..

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Shintari said:

1 rep point earned

Feylamia

Fledgling Freddie
there's no pk because everyone is on zerg ml raids to get all his alts to ml10 before classic server opens and there will be no more zerg ml raids.

and then there will be no pk because everyone will play classic server so they don't have to bother with all that toa crap anymore.

doesn't quite make sense, I know, but sense and camlann are two different things...

ViPeOuT

Fledgling Freddie
Shintari said:

True... True.
Would have given you a rep point if I hadn't done it on another of your posts recently :p

Anyways... this is the apparent problem for us too. We know we can't invite any more players since that would just give us less targets to PK.
I would really want to see the bigger guilds out PKing more...
Elite and Dominion can reach pretty big numbers in their guilds but you rarely see them out primetime PK:ing. Les Bananos I haven't seen with a decent FG in ages... last time I saw them was in goth with a 5-6ppl group.

GIEF PK!

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
lots of very nice solo/smallgroup action in toa today, thanks, really had fun for the first time in ages :)

Faith

Fledgling Freddie
I think with the server merge for excal/pryd the Fronteirs there are offering mroe and more PK:ing and less sitting inside keeps for hours on end.

i went for a walk there at the weekend and it was just as much fun / action as i used to have on Camlann.

with the Classic server in the near future and the zerg rush of MLs etc atm it doesnt look liek any large PK nights in the near future.

idealy id like to see some of the big guns from a few of the Larger populated guilds get together and set up 1 or 2 purpose built guilds for 8v8 etc.

the idea was tried and tested a lot on SWG when guilds lacked opponents a few players would branch off and make temporary guilds and run wars with each other. i guess like 'training wars' lol
but that would end up weakening the original guilds come keep/relic defense against those that look to take advantage of situations.

either way its certainly nice tmie for my ranger ;p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
as you've got clarre out her retirement box, make sure to tie up her shoes for when you gotta run!

Faith

Fledgling Freddie
hehe what you saying?

besides i dont run from fights. im normaly dead before they start :cheers:

she never retired she was just sleeping till SOE nerfed jedi beyond all playable distinction lol.

Everz

FH is my second home
Well i spose i count as an lvling up player on my shammy.. non 50 pk atm is vamps vs warlock vs crush merc vs the odd skald vs the random leeching stealths, damn annoying to try and pk against
On the plus side i know a few peeps who i lvl'd/rvr'd with on excalibur so its a big help (Pk'ing with frakos ftw xD) to get a helping hand when starting up. It is also a pain not having any guilds to join, so lonely :<

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Eversmallx said:
Well i spose i count as an lvling up player on my shammy.. non 50 pk atm is vamps vs warlock vs crush merc vs the odd skald vs the random leeching stealths, damn annoying to try and pk against
On the plus side i know a few peeps who i lvl'd/rvr'd with on excalibur so its a big help (Pk'ing with frakos ftw xD) to get a helping hand when starting up. It is also a pain not having any guilds to join, so lonely :<

think getting 2 levels and almost RR3 at level 38 is not to bad for an evening of pk

Everz

FH is my second home
thnx for having me <3 best night on camlann ever :clap:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
it's part of our save Camlann project, we take one lowbee from rvr server every evening and brainwash him to get new players here :>

Camlann still has best 8v8 action but it is pretty rare

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yeah after 2 hours of HOFF IS GOD constant chanting (im a paladin, chants come easy to me) we can brainwash anyone.

*yes GOA representative, Hoff is teh Dark Lord*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom