Where is Minotaur you lamers! ;)

O

old.Ego

Come on guys the game has been out long enough now for even the n00biest (oohh made up a new word) game to have a few people on either side that know what they are doing so put minotaur back on server rotation, if you must limit the maps get rid of thin ice its nothing more than a "who grabs most" map! I personally don't mind it but come on give us minotaur!!!

Yes its spam city but so was Snowblind/Dangerous crossing in T1 but they were amongst most played and enjoyed maps!

O

old.Wils

hm thats a point, i've not had a game of minotaur for a week or two.

Has it been dumped then?
It's one of my favourite maps for quick games :/

M

Mongrol

I agree. Bring Back The Two Legged Cow!

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Minotaur is a cooool map.

Theres nothing like runnin on over through the enemys slowfield with a shield pack and raping their base for the whole map :D

LoL

H

haggisman

minotaur was one of the worst designed maps for ctf in T2, as mantis has so helpfully points out, its invariably easy to rape the base, so instead of the race to cap its more of a race to rape the enemy base and when that happens the game is completely screwed and the other team has a huge advantage. its just one of the bad ones :p

M

Mongrol

I disagree. It only takes 2 defenders to seriously hamper any cappers. And wtf is a slowfield?

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

The orange thing on the front of yer base that looks like a forcefield but only slows you down instead of stopping you.

Defined in the code for the game as a "slowfield".

O

old.Ego

Originally posted by KmA_MANTIS
Minotaur is a cooool map.

Theres nothing like runnin on over through the enemys slowfield with a shield pack and raping their base for the whole map :D

LoL

Ok fair play for the sarcasm but if you havent noticed yet that EXACT tactic is used by LOTS of people whenever katabatic comes round! and i don't see that being removed from the rotation! why? because people know how to defend on it!

I'd like to see you come heavy to my base and sit and camp with a shield pack (hello, conc grens, hello) HELL! I'd bet good money on you not even making halfway! (and ask anyone, i'm a compulsive gambler). As i said in my initial post i'm only suggesting its re-inclusion now because of the way people have learnt to defend certain tactics and have adjusted to the "non-quake" way of playing T2.

Besides if the majority on a server don't like it it can allways be voted off :)

M

Moving Target

its plays like shite so dont bring it back...and incredibly high FPS :puke:

F

fatgit

Minotaur is fine with smaller teams, 16v16 and it becomes shite.
Moving Target : I assume u mean u get lower fps in minotaur ? :) I certainly wouldnt want a map removed because it increases my fps ;)

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Ego - my post can be taken 2 ways.

I actually meant both.

I love minotaur - cause I'm a T2 base raper - its why I play the game.

I think it might make a fun addition to the league as it forces a different kind of gameplay.

However, It can also be a very lame map as everyone has hastened to add.

O

old.Ego

Yeah i'm a base raper too but i just like the idea of changing things a bit, already we see a mass drop when recalescence or thin ice comes in rotation, and minotaur hasn't really been played with latest patches, it was sort of hated at start and that was it.

TWL and OGL both have it on their map rosters so i see no need to ommit it from public play, if the people don't like let them vote.

TBH i'd include ALL the base maps and let the people playing decide by vote wether they want to play it or not.

Also might not be a bad idea to have a system similar to the T1 one where by a vote is initiated at start of map to skip mission to a RANDOM one, if vote passes then its changed but that map HAS to be played "no voting a change possible". I'm pretty sure that Bwadmin had the feature for T1 and i see no reason why it can't be implemented in T2 (goddam it crunchy where are you ;) )

See you on a server sometimes maybe Mantis (i'll come rape your base and you can "try" and rape mine ;) )

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

I look forward to it Ego :)

I hope you can rape well in spawn gear tho :D

O

old.Trogoon

What do you mean with :confused:

"people have learnt to defend certain tactics and have adjusted to the "non-quake" way of playing T2."

Eh I´d say Minotaur most of all looks like a DM map, would be good aslong as it wasn´t a CFT map, I mean seriously, many a time people quit when the server changes to Minotaur... Damnation is better than Minotaur, so I say it´s enough with Damnation as a fast paced action map :) (Or should we say heavy friendly). I mean, I can´t see why you call minotaur non quake like....

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Originally posted by Ego

Better than you can fully kitted m8 :p

Methinks you need to get your ass online this evening, as you have never witnessed the Mant :D

O

old.Ego

I did not mean to insult Quake players just pointing out that the general strategies employed in fighting in T2 is very different than Quakes standard "run backwards shooting the fastest firing weapon" technique. Now people know how to jet properly and throw grens accurately getting to a base to camp as a heavy requires more skill than in the early days of T2.

btw mantis, you live in bromsgrove and by nature your just a farmer so go turret somewhere coz its all your good for ;)

p.s. i used to live in birmingham, USED to ;)

O

old.Waylander

Well I for one miss the cluster element that some T1 maps had. On Minatour, who cares if you cant kit, as long as they cant either, just run and steal the flag. Its actually quite liberating to play in spawn equipment as you dont care if you live or die, its just about achieving objectives. But then being big, fat and heavy on Minatour is fun as well :)

BRING BACK MINATOUR!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(And Beggars run. Thats a damn good map too. While were on it, get rid of Thin Ice and Recalesance cos they smell worse than Ablie!):puke:

O

old.Torque

I have 2 say the best game I've had recently was on Minotaur 16 v 16, It had mass base-rape, Hvy capping, naked runs, swift changes of fortune.. all in all a very enjoyable map. so can we have it on the rotation please.

Also Beggars Run is clearly a favourite of most players and to have it NOT on the rotation is plain CRAZY :upyours:

What to lose.... Well Recalesance just has to go. Although I don't mind it personally, its a server emptier :( and ruins the flow of good matches..

O

old.Wils

Should prolly start a thread in the Game Servers forum.

Someone go spam sommat and we can all reply :)

O

old.Amything

Ive had the most fun on minatour and beggers run. Not having those maps is fubar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom