Where is all the chat?

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure how things are on other servers but on the roleplay server chat between individuals and groups is at a bare minimum if any - even if you start a conversation it is not often responded to. Is it the same on other servers or are they developing a community at last?

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
yup, chat seems pretty dead. I thought it was a side effect of being in the cut n thrust of action for a majority of your time, so typing becomes secondary.

or maybe everyones on vent servers for communication?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Personally I've found chat very cumbersome at the moment, I'm sure it's something I'll get used to or whatever - my new keyboard takes some getting used to, and it's very difficult to have a proper convo when your fighting (which is most of the time).

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen this trend in MMOs since WoW to be honest. There's a lot more people playing than back in the old DAoC days, and these players are different people than the type of MMO players from yore. Most people play solitary, quest alone, fight alone. They almost actively avoid other people.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep, was involved in a PQ and 2 champs started attacking me, chosen are quite tough and took 1 down solo whilst this magus just keeps looting items to get renown. Not one offer to help even though he was involved in the PQ.

Still its fairly new at the moment, the community will settle down and hopefully the wow kids will go back after their free month is up.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Since the chat box constantly fades away most people probably miss it :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Since the chat box constantly fades away most people probably miss it :p
Aye, default should be no fading, no lewt, combat text only chat. Heard some people say ohhh can i turn off that text.

First thing i did my 1 and only day in CB was to turn off it all then i started to turn some text on then turning them off, dont need all the info, i get most on the screen anyway.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I gave up trying to chat in Open beta you might get some other guy respond but almost everyone else doesn't bother so i don't either now.

Nridy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure I'm alone in this, but every time I log in, I can't see the very last chat line until I resize the box. It just doesn't get displayed, and even pressing the scroll down button won't fix it. Only way you can see it is when more text comes in and it gets scrolled up.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The problem these days is MMOs do not force grouping, so the order of the day is grind to the cap, join a guild at some point and chat to guildies.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
The problem these days is MMOs do not force grouping, ....

Not being 'forced' to do something is a problem? :lol: I prefer having choices thanks, but if you prefer being forced that's fine....

For me, it's easy why I don't stop to chat much - especially while I'm getting used to the interface, there's too much going on, and if I stop to type either I or someone else dies.

Don't forget too, a lot of the 'chat' going on will now be over voice systems and not ingame typed.

eksdee

FH is my second home
strangers.gif

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
only time I have seen some1 talk was in the first chaos PQ were I was getting a head stone and a tank asked for help. but other than that if you ask something even in camps and cities were its safe no1 will reply. the guilds actualy seem even worse for not wanting to talk to random people tho.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the other problem is that each specific zone and area seems to have its own broadcast channel. It would be much better if they had single chat channel for the entire zone or even proper lfg tools. although i know that you can join any public quest and public group etc.

Still would be nice to see some chat.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
warkie wich server are u at ? me and toglet are order/azgal, she's also destro on axe bite

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Chat.... box..? Oh the one which shows XP and Renown gain. You can type in that? :cheers:

Bluelion

Fledgling Freddie
Well at least it isn't my chat box which is broken then. I was beginning to have some serious doubts about whether it was working or not - especially as /tell <myself> doesn't show anything.

WarStyle

Fledgling Freddie
This has bugged me too. As an ex EQ player there ALWAYS used to be trash talk in OOC.. so yeah i'd also like to see a zone-wide channel...

I saw one guide which had the slash command \chan and said this joined you to the alliance / destro worldwide chat channel. Anyone get this (or something similar) working ?

That would be cool also.

WarStyle

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
By the time all the stupid other spam has scrolled past anything said will have been missed.Give an option to turn off all the crap spam and also the huge writing in the middle of the screen which blocks out everything a real pain in RvR when fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom