Where ever I lay my hat

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Ok so me and a few mates are considering leaving Brokeback (Dragonback) Mountain server. Mainly due to the fact Altdorf is forever under siege and there's no way for us to even fight back. Huge Destro numbers Few Order.

So here's the question, we're looking for a fair fight, we are hoping to find a server with equal sides. We're all ex DAoC players, me mid pryd them alb excal and were looking for some advice.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok so me and a few mates are considering leaving Brokeback (Dragonback) Mountain server. Mainly due to the fact Altdorf is forever under siege and there's no way for us to even fight back. Huge Destro numbers Few Order.

So here's the question, we're looking for a fair fight, we are hoping to find a server with equal sides. We're all ex DAoC players, me mid pryd them alb excal and were looking for some advice.

KA is the biggest and most balanced server.
If you are looking to play Order contact me in pm for a chat. We might be looking to bolster our ranks, preferably with small groups of friends. :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Azgal, Hirn or 8 Peaks seem to the be the three most popular and all seem to have reasonably balanced populations.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Sorry I forgot to mention we're planning on playing Destro, having played Order on Dragonback

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
KA is the biggest and most balanced server.
If you are looking to play Order contact me in pm for a chat. We might be looking to bolster our ranks, preferably with small groups of friends. :)

You see kids? That's friendliness you don't find in other MMOs than daoc ;). :clap:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
K8Peaks if you plan to play Destro, they are in need of some reinf, that said T4 Order zerg is awfully overwhelming atm.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
K8Peaks if you plan to play Destro, they are in need of some reinf, that said T4 Order zerg is awfully overwhelming atm.

He said he isn't looking for a realm that is getting zerged the whole time.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Azgal may indeed be the largest of the En Eu servers, but you'll find Hirn is the most balanced and without Azgal's large inactive destruction population ready to resub once 1.2 hits.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Azgal may indeed be the largest of the En Eu servers, but you'll find Hirn is the most balanced and without Azgal's large inactive destruction population ready to resub once 1.2 hits.

I don't know anything about Hirn's population so I can't comment on that. I only know what I read from official sources posted a few weeks ago. Which pretty much contradicts everything you just posted.

Btw do you know precisely how many destro (lvl/classes) are waiting to resub when the patch comes? We would like to be prepared, and it would be cool with some facts instead of all the BS posted from everyone else. :)

Good day!
Due to good old human error, we've mistakenly applied Order bonuses to Azgal and Norn. They are both well balanced and populated and in no need of these bonuses and will be corrected shortly.

The final English bonuses are:

• Universal bonus on Burlok
  • Order bonus on Karak-Hirn
  • Destruction bonus on Karak Eight Peaks

Further, we mistakenly opened the transfers today whereas we had scheduled to open them on Thursday. This, too, should be corrected shortly. Pardon the confusion, but we do think it's important to give you some time to get yourselves organized. To anyone who has already transferred, please take comfort in that your comrades will be able to join you on Thursday.

Naturally, our bonuses are a way for us to hint in which way we'd ideally wish to see the population move. Again, the decision is up to you, but I do think it's important that you have the information you need to make an educated decision, and so I'll share some 'soft' information with you regarding the different destination servers.

• Karak-Azgal is the largest server in Europe, and also well balanced.
  • Karak Eight Peaks is large and sport many active guilds. However, there is a surplus of Order players here and so any Destruction players will find themselves in great company!
  • Karak-Norn is of equal size to Karak Eight Peaks and is further well balanced.
  • Karak-Hirn is somewhat smaller than the others but still well populated. There's somewhat more Destruction players on the server but this will likely be adjusted soon enough thanks to the Order bonus.
I hope this will help you form an educated decision regarding your destination server. In the end though, they're all good servers with friendly communities.

Cheers,
Magnus
Source

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Our Order Bonus has also been removed old boy.

This week we're in the middle of a gigantic clash between the two factions stretching over multiple zones, destruction claimed the first server fortress kill on Tuesday with a server crash and bugged Fortress Doors halting a second fortress take, retaliation hit on Wednesday with a massive Order offensive locking multiple zones across t4, Thursday saw Order push again ending in the taking of the Maw and an epic Destruction defence of BC.

So far it's one Fortress each, with the weekend approaching it's all up for grabs.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Btw do you know precisely how many destro (lvl/classes) are waiting to resub when the patch comes? We would like to be prepared, and it would be cool with some facts instead of all the BS posted from everyone else. :)

Having a long term character on Azgal it doesn't take much to note that until very recently Order was massively out numbered by destruction on Azgal, a few transfers and a massive decline in the destruction population has left Azgal in it's current state..... there are portents and omens of Destruction imanent return.

On the other hand Hirn's population has been stable almost since release, there's been no massive population swings one way or the other, just constant balance orvr where both factions claim they're out numbered :lol:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Fex I remember.

Savage Conclave play on Hirn btw, you might be able to hook up with some familiar lunatics :)

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I started playing there when the game first came out, I still have a 16 DoK sitting around gathering dust which Im tempted to pick up again!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Drop by then, even if only to say hi. I personally am not going to be around much this next week due to family stuff and work but I'll be in and out at odd times :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Our Order Bonus has also been removed old boy.

This week we're in the middle of a gigantic clash between the two factions stretching over multiple zones, destruction claimed the first server fortress kill on Tuesday with a server crash and bugged Fortress Doors halting a second fortress take, retaliation hit on Wednesday with a massive Order offensive locking multiple zones across t4, Thursday saw Order push again ending in the taking of the Maw and an epic Destruction defence of BC.

So far it's one Fortress each, with the weekend approaching it's all up for grabs.

first fortress only just now? craziness. order are locking 1-2 forts a night on k8p :\

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i have to say it feels very imbalanced on KEP at the moment. When i get some time off work (i.e. time to level an alt) if the pop is still imbalanced and if i'm still playing i might roll destro on a more balanced server to give me some options if the current imbalance persists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom