Where are GOA today?

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
12 hours since anything remotely resembling a update for customers, still lots of people not been able to get into the beta 48 hours later.. what the hell is going on there?

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
The CSR's have been sent to one of those radioactive islands in the French South Pacific for a 'holiday'. Probably would be a holiday after the last two days.

Probably resting in reality, there is only so long you can work in that kind of enviroment without it becoming 'cruel and inhumane punishment' which is proscribed under the European Convention on Human Rights.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
If GOA consisted of two sweety nerds hosting WAR from their mums basements, that might be the case..
Ofc, we dont know if that really is the reality, considering... :lol:

Anyhow, i got lucky and managed to registre my key - the game runs allright i guess.
We just need ALOT more communication from the GOA side of the fench.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd expect they're in and working but might have been asleep for hmm the previous 8 hours of that 12.

(getting them to work 24 hours to try and get things sorted might sound like a good idea but it wouldn't work - you need brains to be fresh to fix things)

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
I agree people need to sleep! But I did remember hearing one of the reasons for relocating to Dublin was to be able to provide 24 hours customer service. That being the case I would have thought there would be staff designated to graveyard shifts.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Its not very surprising that after the PR disaster of the last days, there is some kind of radiosilence. I am not saying its a good thing, but understandable. Especially considering the fallout that reached out up to MJs blog. I d love to have a transcription of the telephone call between MJ and the-GOA-guru-that-is-in-charge that supposedly happened before MJ decides to sling mud in public on his blog. :D

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I agree people need to sleep! But I did remember hearing one of the reasons for relocating to Dublin was to be able to provide 24 hours customer service. That being the case I would have thought there would be staff designated to graveyard shifts.
For ingame support and remote server upkeep yes. CM posts are regular time slots although Iain and MagnusK would probably laugh to read that as they hardly ever switch off, particularly recently. Look at the time stamps of some of their posts even well before this weekends events. We are getting that time for free.

:drink:to you guys...

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
perhaps they've all run to the hills (run for your life!) to escape the Large Hadron Collider. Personally, if some dozy bugger built a black hole generator in my back yard, I'd be offski too!

Still nothing from them about my validation after 17 hours and multispam.

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Well the time we need their input is now, not so much before this weekends, events. I dont think a 2-3 hour update bulletin is alot to ask for given the current state of the euro open beta. Im aware that both have made posts in their own time in the small hours before. But until they posted their update informing players that servers were down for maintenance, it was 12 hours since their last update.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd guess they're getting reports from the technical teams as to any progress made, expected progress today. ETA of fixes.

Need to do that before you can post stuff.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd expect they're in and working but might have been asleep for hmm the previous 8 hours of that 12.

(getting them to work 24 hours to try and get things sorted might sound like a good idea but it wouldn't work - you need brains to be fresh to fix things)

i suppose you havent seen "The Machinist" :p

he seems to me, to be a fine person without any problems what so ever.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Flim where can i find a source of patience, seems more and more people have lost it.

They'll fix it all, but they're only human :/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Rofl Ashala.

Enli: calm dark ocean, calm dark ocean, calm dark ocean...

The biggest thing anyone can do to get more patience is to find something else to do and not think about beta for a few hours at a time.

Checking the forums/email every couple of hours will still be disappointing if you've not got in but you won't have wasted your day or be constantly gnashing your teeth.

Really hard to do though ;) I've been able to login since 3/4pm on Sunday but I'm still on the forums every 2 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom