When ?

E@syL@y

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got any idea when the next patch is out ?
I am told that it will give you points for taking out the scan trailer and UAV etc, its crazy that if you manage to get into the enemy base and take that stuff out you dont get any points as you have rendered the enemy commander blind and stopped him dropping artillery on your team.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
E@syL@y said:
Anyone got any idea when the next patch is out ?
I am told that it will give you points for taking out the scan trailer and UAV etc, its crazy that if you manage to get into the enemy base and take that stuff out you dont get any points as you have rendered the enemy commander blind and stopped him dropping artillery on your team.

"When it's done". I'm guessing they'll delay and delay until the Special Forces expansion comes out in November :( but then I'm a cynic. I worked out that I would probably be about 1000-1500 points higher if they'd had points for blowing commander assets up right from the start; I play SpecOps most of the time, largely because I hate getting arty dropped on me.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
too right! blowing stuff up / repairing stuff should get a huge boost if it were up to me. as said, sneaking into the enemy base can be frigging hard and should be well rewarded!

Poag

m00?
What is this "sneak"

/me thunders into the enemy base in a buggy....runs 3 guys down...crashes into a departing aircraft then runs over too the UAV and blows it up

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
blatent HAX tbh, I should report you to an admin ;)

I had a serious off-night yesterday heh. could hardly go three steps without getting fragged. or spawning next to Fren just in time to get blown up by an eryx to the face. or spawning in a quiet base just in time for it to get bombed. actually saw the frigging bomb land directly in front of me :eek:

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
What is this "sneak"

/me thunders into the enemy base in a buggy....runs 3 guys down...crashes into a departing aircraft then runs over too the UAV and blows it up

Even better when you do the above then drive out in an enemy convoy. Wish I'd took a screen shot. An apc in front of me a tank behind while driving a jeep with smoke billowing out of it. I got away too, then got TK'd by a friendly :(

E@syL@y

Fledgling Freddie
thanx Lazarus .... not sure about the Artilery no team kills though that means a commander can shell a base with no negative points for team kills

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
No TK by friendly artillery. Not really realistic. Part of the challenge as the commander is to avoid hitting friendly troops?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Unless you still kill friendly troops but do not suffer the TK penalties? Still a cop out mind.

DaGaffer

Moving Target said:
Well, tbh, I don't see the point of TK punishes

Implemented properly TK punishes are generally for the good, especially in this game because otherwise you get too many twats TKing for vehicles.

E@syL@y

Fledgling Freddie
I am told 1.03 is out but I cannot find it or any reference on EA's site

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, link doesn't seem to work Will :( Won't you have to wait for the servers to be patched anyway?

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, not showing up on there for me, very strange. <edit> ah, just spotted it thought they might have put it in the BF2 section instead of a tiny link.

Will

/bin/su
I stole the link from BF2Tracker. I'm at work, so I didn't test it.

E@syL@y

Fledgling Freddie
Jeez thats going to take me a while on a 56k modem :(

E@syL@y

Fledgling Freddie
Getting now off Fileshack 250 KB/Sec from the NY server ... :)

DaGaffer

Well, looks like we all get promotions - I've just had two rank upgrades in one round :). Feels like lots of small improvements and some animation/sound effect changes (APCs feel quite a bit different). And I got my first "blowing strategic shit up" points. Bliss. :)

E@syL@y

Fledgling Freddie
The graphics look a lot brighter to me game runs smoother ... got promoted 3 times with 3 kills ???? eh ???? unlocked random guns but now I am told that they have lowered the kill/unlock ratio ? dont you wish you had taken more care on the unlocks ... I now have stupid guns I will never use .... but I will C4 Poag before I die :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom