When will DAoC stop??

Haki

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, Im just wondering when DAoC will stop..
They cant be up forever but still they cant close cause people are paying to play it...
Havent played at a while and I dont want that DAoC should close down.. hehe :) Hope GoA holds it up forever =P

Thx

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
when the cost to keep the server running costs more than the money they get from subs I guess... it's good business sense.

Bellona

Banned
use the search function and you will find your answer, was a thread about this like not long ago

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sometime after the nuclear winter...

not any time soon, and there's no point trying to predict.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Umm...the answer would be anytime.

Plenty of examples out there. If they want to pull the plug today at 3PM GMT...*cough*...they will and noone can complain as the user agreement sayes they can.

Probability goes to the business side of it.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
a.s.a.p. hopefully so i cant cant play it anymore :eek:

gogetsomewillpower4tehwin$$!!"%$%111sevensvenBadger

j/k It is a pretty addictive game

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Just look at WISH - never even made it out of Beta, tough stuff in the real world, WoW will do OK to start as has big backers, but even big backers will pull out if it aint making money. TBH it's up to us how long DAoC last's, we stop playing and that's the end. Tried Wow has its good/bad points, but not enuff to make me give up on the efforts I put into DAoC, and with Catacombs coming opens up the PvE side again. ToA has been my big bug bear, gives things to individual chars that negate the need for team work - FoP's etc...

BB's are another matter and a difficult issue, GoA get money of you for 2nd acount so nerfing buffs by giving them range for instance would be counter-productive to what GoA are in business for. Buff shearing was a small step to this problem but still falls short of tackling the issue of imbalance, ie not having a BB seriously effects your chars survival. I don't have a BB - not that I have any problems with those that do, just do not have the equipment to run 2 accounts at this time.

Be around for a while yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom