When was your Sh*ty level?

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
Well at 31 on my reaver i had the Sh*ty lvl missing like mad and mobs running me close even yellow's.
and at 41 now as well i've got the same Task dungons are been a pain in the ass with the miss rate atm.
(oh i'm 41+9 flex and 35+9 shield and capped on stats)

Just a post to wonder when other people naff lvl's were?
and i'm bord lol

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
worst level was when I was 32 on my scout back in the day, I was too high for dunters and too low for pygmy gobbos :eek: was murder trying to get a group. Especially as a scout, I was shunned and seriously mistreated

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm..
I can't really remember having much problem with exping. My first was a scout, which I got to a whopping 19 before I went and rerolled to Cleric. (Later on I actually got my scout to 50 and ML10 though..)

With my cleric I always had a group, but I guess level 48 was hardest as I couldn't quest around to 50 yet. Had to save all the SI quests for level 49.

After that, my paladin, infiltrator, scout, buffbot, theurgist and my minstrel, well, I can't really recall having a lot of trouble exping. I either had a group sorted, got myself some powerlevel somehow, or ran through Atlantis getting loads of exp from ML raids. (I really recommend starting MLs from level 40, you'll be high ML when you finally ding 50, making the transition from PvE to RvR short!)

Nowadays I get to 40 manually, then 40-48.5ish from TOA ML Raids, then 48.5-50 doing Catacombs quests, Epics and SI quests.

Borgio Finstermoor

One of Freddy's beloved
For my Armsman it was levels 42 and 44, god they seemd to take FOREVER!!

Scout was not bad at all.

Necro - PFF!!!!!

Sorc - WAs PL'd by Necro so 50 is my sheety level, bolt range mezz is no match for the 3 tanks purging and sending me back to the sotne age!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Before catacombs, and without PL, levels 37-41 are by far the worst. Least amount of decent groups for these levels...too high for barrows, too low for AC.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Waiting for a spot in a twee group at level 44-45 ish.

Traumatic.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
lvl41-42 on bloodclot. i died lots and never seem to lvl :) took a month to get to lvl42.

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Waiting for a spot in a twee group at level 44-45 ish.

Traumatic.

Thor you know me Plz dont talk about the Tweee's.

and in old days i know that group with me and Nume in were know as the death groups but.
having rerolled again alb just seems like there a few naff lvls atm

p.s. thor B7Q site still down?? and hwo is every one:eek7:

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Before Cats level 48 was always the most boring level. Just close enought to 50 to taste it, yet needing to keep my level 48 quests for getting from 49 - 50. The good part was once I was 49, getting to 50 was a breeze.

With Cats? Well, it's been pretty easy to xp apart from my scout. I hate levelling it. Even in a Noddy task dungeon I spend most of my time sitting. If I wasn't so violently opposed to powerlevelling on principle, I would even pay for it to be pl'd.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I can't remember the exact level. It was early-mid thirties on Darzil. I kept getting close to next level, then something random would happen (monsters from deep in the barrows deciding to aggro me at the entrance, etc), and I'd die, whilst fighting the monster that I'd level on if I killed it. About 10 times.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Mybuddies said:
With Cats? Well, it's been pretty easy to xp apart from my scout. I hate levelling it. Even in a Noddy task dungeon I spend most of my time sitting. If I wasn't so violently opposed to powerlevelling on principle, I would even pay for it to be pl'd.

Wierd, Ok, he's only 24 so far, but levelling in Cats against cloth wearing caster Plutonian's has been obscene for my scout. At least 80% of the time, yellows/blues don't reach him, and sometimes the oranges don't either. None have taken him down. Ok, he's spending more on top class arrows than he's getting in drops, but that's ok <grin>. I've found few that level as fast.

Darzil

Marchus

Fledgling Freddie
38 39 with my reaver. I couldn't join into AC groups, and that stonehenge dungeon was a bit low for me. If I call back right, Roope helped me to get that 1-2 lvls ^^

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
Mybuddies said:
Before Cats level 48 was always the most boring level. Just close enought to 50 to taste it, yet needing to keep my level 48 quests for getting from 49 - 50. The good part was once I was 49, getting to 50 was a breeze.

same here, always think 48 is the most boring level.

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Wierd, Ok, he's only 24 so far, but levelling in Cats against cloth wearing caster Plutonian's has been obscene for my scout. At least 80% of the time, yellows/blues don't reach him, and sometimes the oranges don't either. None have taken him down. Ok, he's spending more on top class arrows than he's getting in drops, but that's ok <grin>. I've found few that level as fast.

Darzil

Is he buffed? My scout can tear through ojs and even hold her own against reds if fully buffed. Problem with taking a bb into a task dungeon is the mobs scale up so your fights take longer..

Everz

FH is my second home
My old cabby on us, got hard around 40 cos i respec'd spirit :x

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
lvl41-42 grey drop armour from the old zones on crap mobs
pigmys or even twees when lucky :D

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
As unbuffed critblade my heavy levels were 1-50. Somtimes I had lost xp-bubbles when I logged due to the punishment of death.

I would rather be eaten alive by an army of bloodthirsty zombies than go through that process again...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Mybuddies said:
Is he buffed? My scout can tear through ojs and even hold her own against reds if fully buffed. Problem with taking a bb into a task dungeon is the mobs scale up so your fights take longer..

No buffs. At the moment he's in drop armour, a crafted 99% spellcrafted longbow. Has capped dex, and everything else is a bit meh.

Once he's skilled up to a level of fletching where he can make level 30 bows, he'll have a full spellcrafted set for Thid, and should hunt better too.

I think the trick is hitting caster mobs (who have fewer hits, even though they aren't vulnerable to the arrows, and who stop and try to cast usually, rather than just charging him down).

Darzil

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
worst level was when I was 32 on my scout back in the day, I was too high for dunters and too low for pygmy gobbos :eek: was murder trying to get a group. Especially as a scout, I was shunned and seriously mistreated

Heh, 41-42 took about 2 months, nobody wanted to invite to grp and I was cba to solo :)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
I had so many of the damn hard levels on my paladin back in the day :( id get exp and then die, i do suppose my not knowing how to spec had a negative effect, didnt know you had to spec slash/crush/thrust to use a 2h weapon :(, although i had the best 8 man pally group once :p

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
No buffs. At the moment he's in drop armour, a crafted 99% spellcrafted longbow. Has capped dex, and everything else is a bit meh.

Once he's skilled up to a level of fletching where he can make level 30 bows, he'll have a full spellcrafted set for Thid, and should hunt better too.

I think the trick is hitting caster mobs (who have fewer hits, even though they aren't vulnerable to the arrows, and who stop and try to cast usually, rather than just charging him down).

Darzil

I think you are right. Those dumb caster mobs keep trying to cast as you are shooting them. By the time they figured out there's no point and try and rush you they are nearly dead.

The task dungeions I've been levelling tend to pop melee mobs, so they just steam right in. Outside a task dungeon, with a bb it's painfully easy - the bb can even stun them as they get close so you don't even have to melee most times.

I was struggling to find level 47 - 50 caster mobs though - anyone suggest any please?

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Mybuddies said:
I was struggling to find level 47 - 50 caster mobs though - anyone suggest any please?

hunt trees in the frontiers, very easy to kill and they are really slow :>

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Jox said:
As unbuffed critblade my heavy levels were 1-50. Somtimes I had lost xp-bubbles when I logged due to the punishment of death.

I would rather be eaten alive by an army of bloodthirsty zombies than go through that process again...

Hmm it can be arranged if you want, i have a heretic alt somewhere im sure

Tilda

lvl 35, afk xping at corwald catacombs entrance
Once I got 44, for some reason i met a group of 6 firewizards
We did gobos, I remember, the normal groups seeing us and laughing, then we pulled :D:D:D
I think about 50% of the beach went LD or crashed due to the 6 fire aoe dd's and 1 aoe dot being fired off and seeing the effects at the same time. It was risky, and pretty scary, but damn, it was cool when we got it going right :D

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
worst for me was awarkle mk1 level 39.9 only needed .1 to ding thought hey a dragon raid that should be pretty good.

walked away from the dragon with 0 exp and almost deleting. after that took me ages to get up to 40 because every time i died i lost over a bub of exp

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
i think before battle grounds it was alway the 38-40 that was an arse...
too high for wights in barrows, and too low for avalon city...

now you can just go to molvik/leirvik to kill the boredom.:twak:

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
level 15 6 or so months after the game came out alb salsbury plains was 1 kill away from ding with armsman;o and i lost every single bit of xp i had gained... ah the good ole days

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
45 on my Reaver, kind of got stuck/bored 2 years ago an never bothered to get those last 5 levels done. Still feels like unfinished buisness but I don't really have the PvE urge anymore.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:

Darzil
That only works while your scout does not yet reach capped firing speed. If I flick on rapid fire, am buffed or wearing my SCed kit on him caster mobs only try one cast right after the first shot, and after that they charge me down because I hit them too fast.

And I know about the get-close-to-levelling-then-die-repeatedly scenario. It happens to me all the time.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom