When to put points into Stealth ?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by ElDiablo

It has. It reduces fall damage etc.
To my knowledge only assassins get safe fall... I remember reading it at the DAoC catacombs character builder thing.

O

Olgark

I got a hunter in Midgard , and I am puting my points into spear, bow and beastcraft. All the up to level 20.

Then I am going to dump a load of spec points into stealth so I can do some RvR in the 20s.

Also as you gain realm rank you will gain + to skills anyway .
At realm rank 2 you get +1 to skills.
Realm rank 5 you get +4 to skills.

And latter on you will be able to buy special abilities with the realm points. Its now live on the US and Austrailian servers. ( yeh the Austrailians now have patch 1.50 like the Yanks. ) :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Olgark
I got a hunter in Midgard , and I am puting my points into spear, bow and beastcraft. All the up to level 20.

Then I am going to dump a load of spec points into stealth so I can do some RvR in the 20s.

Also as you gain realm rank you will gain + to skills anyway .
At realm rank 2 you get +1 to skills.
Realm rank 5 you get +4 to skills.

And latter on you will be able to buy special abilities with the realm points. Its now live on the US and Austrailian servers. ( yeh the Austrailians now have patch 1.50 like the Yanks. ) :(
The australians what?!?!? But umm... they play on US servers don't they so what is so special :confused:
I didn't know there was more than the EU and US servers...

S

Solid

OMG

This is summink I never knew (as a Middie, I am ignorant of most classes in Alb and Hib :p)

Scouts can spec Shield? OMGF and can get shield styles?

Are scouts on same HP Table as paladins?
They get stealth, excellent range and excellent melee to boot?

How have you found scouts in Solo hunting?, can you down oranges in your high 20's - low 30's like hunters can with a pet?

Anyway, not a flame or whine, just a surprise to me scouts get some nice trainable skills :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Solid
OMG

This is summink I never knew (as a Middie, I am ignorant of most classes in Alb and Hib :p)

Scouts can spec Shield? OMGF and can get shield styles?

Are scouts on same HP Table as paladins?
They get stealth, excellent range and excellent melee to boot?

How have you found scouts in Solo hunting?, can you down oranges in your high 20's - low 30's like hunters can with a pet?

Anyway, not a flame or whine, just a surprise to me scouts get some nice trainable skills :p
Yeah, shield speccing is great. Nothing better than 42 spec and a 10s stun that can be done whenever.
HP Table as paladins? If you mean hit points I doubt it... we drop like flies.
Excellent melee, no not really... someone has talked bs here if they said so :)
Soloing with scouts? Considering the range we get you can down yellows very easily unless your critical and a few more arrows miss and you have to melee.... then you are screwed. Oranges? Low-oranges perhaps yes. I wouldn't know yet since I am L21 but so far oranges are not easy.
What kind of crap is that.... an archer with a pet :p
DAMN it would be easy to kill stuff if scouts had pets.

H

Heish

Originally posted by Elvewen
The reason for longbow of 50 is for when the additional Longbow skills are added to the game (due in 2006 i think :)) .

I think longshot and volley will be RvR specific skills that Mythic are about to add to the game. That is, skills you buy with special ability points you will be able to get from RvR. Longshot will be Hibernia only and Volley Albion only(can't remember what Midgard gets but I remember a post by an upset middie:D )

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Ahmond

I think longshot and volley will be RvR specific skills that Mythic are about to add to the game. That is, skills you buy with special ability points you will be able to get from RvR. Longshot will be Hibernia only and Volley Albion only(can't remember what Midgard gets but I remember a post by an upset middie:D )
Yeah.... correct as can be seen in the list of realm abilities
Scout ability:
Volley
Area-targetted archery attack that fires successive arrows at a various targets in a given area.

Ranger ability:
Longshot
Critical shot that works only on long distance targets.

Abilities

O

Olgark

Originally posted by SFXman

Yeah.... correct as can be seen in the list of realm abilities
Scout ability:
Volley
Area-targetted archery attack that fires successive arrows at a various targets in a given area.

Ranger ability:
Longshot
Critical shot that works only on long distance targets.

Abilities

Yeh and what do hunters get?
Beastmastry where as the pet does not take up to 50 % exp , and true sight where we can cast a spell and see sealthed characters up to twice the distance.
I honestly think the hunters are going to be nerffed big time with the coming patches.

We got the shortest range bows as it stands now with less damage from them than the other two realms. Now the rangers get Longshot , and the scouts get Volley. Some how i think Mythic are taking our spears and shoving them up our backsides in a good old rogering.
IMO.

H

Heish

Beastmastry where as the pet does not take up to 50 % exp , and true sight where we can cast a spell and see sealthed characters up to twice the distance.

An ability so that your pet doesn't take as much xp in combat as usual is pretty stupid, especially for something that's more or less supposed to even out the classes in RvR. Why would anyone wanna spend their ability points on a skill that gets useless at lvl 50?

S

SFXman

I honestly think the hunters are going to be nerffed big time with the coming patches.

We got the shortest range bows as it stands now with less damage from them than the other two realms. Now the rangers get Longshot , and the scouts get Volley. Some how i think Mythic are taking our spears and shoving them up our backsides in a good old rogering.
IMO.
I suppose your pets are of no use in RvR, well maybe when going to kill greys or something, hehe.... but then again look at a scout soloing (exp) and compare to a hunter. I wouldn't mind a pet myself, damn it would be so easy to kill oranges.

O

old.Elrond

Hmm if you can stand it, don't bother training stealth at all until level 44, and it should autotrain up to level 11, giving u these points free. I'm basing this assumption on what im doing with my Shadowblade, if i autotrain stealth until level 44 I can get (at level 50) Sword 50, Critical Strike 50, Stealth 34, and envenom 14, which is a damn nice spec as I can hit for over 1000 damage first off plus snare and poison, and with items and realm bonuses my stealth level should be perfectly adequate.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Elrond
Hmm if you can stand it, don't bother training stealth at all until level 44, and it should autotrain up to level 11, giving u these points free. I'm basing this assumption on what im doing with my Shadowblade, if i autotrain stealth until level 44 I can get (at level 50) Sword 50, Critical Strike 50, Stealth 34, and envenom 14, which is a damn nice spec as I can hit for over 1000 damage first off plus snare and poison, and with items and realm bonuses my stealth level should be perfectly adequate.
Yeah I noticed this auto-train stuff. It is VERY odd how it does this... I was wondering that maybe this is a bug of some sort... but then again who would want to wait till 44 to get stealth, especially with a shadowblade! I'd be itching for RvR at 30+

O

old.Elrond

It's not a bug, basically its just your trainer keeping your base skills at a bare minimum to help you survive as in "how can u be so stupid not to spend in stealth, here's some free points cos your gonna NEED them!"

I'm not too bothered about RvR until level 44 as I have a high level character I can use if i want to do some killing...or mezzing and stunning in my case, and take on keep raids.

O

Olgark

A word to note only Shadowblades in Midgard auto train stealth the hunter class gets no free ride in any skill and every increase has to be bought. I read that on a Vault message board from a person who knows alot about the different types of stealthers.

S

SFXman

A word to note only Shadowblades in Midgard auto train stealth the hunter class gets no free ride in any skill and every increase has to be bought. I read that on a Vault message board from a person who knows alot about the different types of stealthers.
'
Thank god since people could abuse that otherwise, get awesome specs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom