• SYMPATHY ONLY BITCH!

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Give me advice hunny...

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vote & discuss!

(I.e. - when shit goes wrong in your life, do you want sympathy from your friends/gf/whatever or advice -> for me it's sympathy as i'm an ignorant son of a bitch.)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Err...neither?

Sympathy usually helps nothing.
Advice is usually as helpful as the sympathy.

I'll ask for help/advice if i need it and i don't mind the sh*t that much to be told "It's gonna be ok".

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Other.

Alcohol... Friends usually don't know what to say, sympathy isn't worth it. Life can allways be worse (for us, atleast) - Unless like, a family member dies.. Sympathy and alcohol. (Atleast, in my case)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I think that would cause mass hysteria over Europe based OT forums xD

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
I'm so sure that alcohol has the be the worst thing for a problem.

sympathy dosn't help anything.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i hate it when people say "it will be fine" WELL HOW ABOUT MAYBE IT WONT BE FINE MOTHER FUCKER?

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
i hate it when people say "it will be fine" WELL HOW ABOUT MAYBE IT WONT BE FINE MOTHER FUCKER?

Thing is people generally don't know what to say.

Also, it will be better in end the never fine though very few things hurt as much as they do in the begining the same way throught the rest of your life.

for example: the loss of a love one, always hurts, always will but it will get better.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
im a believer in if you dont mean what you say, dont say it. thats why it pisses me off i guess.

Oh don't get me wrong I belive that too, but some people also think saying something is better then saying nothing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
neither...shit happens.

Its life

Everz

FH is my second home
advice is aight, but you yourself must get over whatever it is that is bothering you, noone else can do that.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I will take the advice, two heads are better than one.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
for example: the loss of a love one, always hurts, always will but it will get better.

This ofcourse depends on the person. For me as an example, there's nothing to be grieved or to be hurt about when someone bites it.

I hate people who are sympathic when you don't need it.

I will take the advice, two heads are better than one.

That only works for BJ's :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i just want to be left the fuck alone so i can figure it out myself.

sympathy pisses me off and advice almost always never work and just make shit worse in a fair few cases....

echome

Fledgling Freddie
i just want to be left the fuck alone so i can figure it out myself.

sympathy pisses me off and advice almost always never work and just make shit worse in a fair few cases....

Don't know if it's the best way to coop with that stuff. But it's the way I like it aswell. Just a bit of time and nothing but myself helps.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i had a bit of an epiphany about advice yesterday i think it was, basically i came to the conclusion that people may listen but they very seldom do what you actually advise, they use it as a way to ration through their own decision.

i clicked advice because just sympathy alone is a bit useless, although if a hug counts as sympathy im all for that b2 gives the and i do mean THEE best hugs.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i had a bit of an epiphany about advice yesterday i think it was, basically i came to the conclusion that people may listen but they very seldom do what you actually advise, they use it as a way to ration through their own decision.

No sh*t...i had a really great experience with this once.

Basicly friend had problems with GF, i gave advice on what to do(i'm rather good at relationship problems, not my opinion either), he took the advice and twisted it to fit his idea and then blamed me when his GF kicked him out.

Though, i didn't mind, just asked what he did and went "wewll you stupid f*ck next time do as i tell you and not what you THINK i tell you" :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aye rofl there is always that, if they take your advise, which they asked for in the first place, and it doesnt work you get shot to pieces.

its much safer just to nod and go aww you poor thing, have a cuppa tea and a hob nob.

unless ofcourse they choke on a randomly mis shapen oat and die then 'feel really silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom