when is a 7 day free trial NOT a 7 day free trial?

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
when goa runs it!!

my mate got that 7 day free trial.. you know recommend a friend crap... so i did, he got email, followed it to the letter and.......... 8 days later he still cant access it... thus ending his 7 day free trial and the fucking bastards charged his account the £8.00...

1. they sent 2 different account log on names
2. they sent 1 password THAT DID NOT WORK ( i dont care what they say it doesnt and still doesnt work)
3. they sent email 8 days after he sent his initial subs@goa.com email to tell him they tested it and it works fine.. when it still doesnt..

why did you bother GOA? really why? its been a shower of shit from the start, hes instructed his bank to claim the money back from you.. and if you contest it i can assure you he will go to court for it costing you a damned sight more than £8.00.... if you want to attract new customers this isnt the way to do it.. ive cancelled my accounts now all 3 of them.. its a fucking disgrace i seriously hope no-one else goes through this, i was his mate i told him it would be ok... it wasnt and i looked bad thanks to you GOA.. you suck.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Perhaps it was the TOA lag? it might have now manifested into something else thats going to be fixed in patch 1.999

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
When i heard you have to give them CC details only to try it for 7days i told my friends who i sent out emails to, to NOT sign up, hate companies who´s using this method, hoping ppl will forget or fail to unsubscribe and give them free cash

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Presuming your mate is based in the UK, then he would just use the small claims court to retrieve his cash, the process would cost about 30 quid, although this should be payed back to him in costs

Also get him to shout Agincourt or something in court and GOA's fine might increase ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tubbs said:
Presuming your mate is based in the UK, then he would just use the small claims court to retrieve his cash, the process would cost about 30 quid, although this should be payed back to him in costs

Also get him to shout Agincourt or something in court and GOA's fine might increase ;)

Here lies the problem the small claims court, is only viable against another uk company, since Goa is a french company, you have to fight against european law, french law and International law.

If GoA had a company in the UK then its ok, but they dont... so it will cost you more and in the end you will wonder why you bothered.

sorry,

:m00:

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
When is a 7 day trial not a 7 day trial? On the 8th day ofc

I recomended a friend to daoc only last week, he said 'Sod off my spectrum still works ya know'

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Acetylsalicylic said:
When is a 7 day trial not a 7 day trial? On the 8th day ofc

I recomended a friend to daoc only last week, he said 'Sod off my spectrum still works ya know'
But how on earth does he cope without the entire concept of lag? Not to mention the flames.

"FU JETSET WILLY U CHEATOR"

a.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
When your friend tried to login what error was he getting? If the subs department told him that they'd tested it and it worked then that's exactly what happened otherwise they'd have sent him a new password, if he was unable to access the game there would have been a reason for it. Perhaps a misread character in the password or similar.

The reason you are asked for credit card details when you sign up isn't on the offchance that you forget to unsubscribe, it's an anti-abuse measure so that we can link accounts if necessary. Say you created a free account to perform a scam with or harrass someone with we could then link that account to your main and take appropriate action. Otherwise it's too easy to create disposable accounts for nefarious purposes.

I'm sorry that your friend couldn't access the free trial, many people have signed up to it already and none to my knowledge has encountered the same problems that your friend has had.

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
When you gonna make it direct debit payable Requiel ;) my plastic is giving me to much hastle. Should be other ways of paying anyway having to pay in this way is the banks dream to success and my nightmare of debt.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
GOA customer service is working as intended nothing to see here keep moving!

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
When your friend tried to login what error was he getting? If the subs department told him that they'd tested it and it worked then that's exactly what happened otherwise they'd have sent him a new password, if he was unable to access the game there would have been a reason for it. Perhaps a misread character in the password or similar.

The reason you are asked for credit card details when you sign up isn't on the offchance that you forget to unsubscribe, it's an anti-abuse measure so that we can link accounts if necessary. Say you created a free account to perform a scam with or harrass someone with we could then link that account to your main and take appropriate action. Otherwise it's too easy to create disposable accounts for nefarious purposes.

I'm sorry that your friend couldn't access the free trial, many people have signed up to it already and none to my knowledge has encountered the same problems that your friend has had.

he kept getting the username and password are invalid error message... this coupled with the fact he was sent 2 usernames ****66 and ****6 the only differance was the 66 and 6 on the end, but we tried both and neither worked, the one with the 6 let us partially into Rightnow but instead of saying the username AND password was invalid it now only claimed the password was invalid... he was sent NO new password and the problem still remains..

we didnt have a problem with giving over CC details as almost ALL mmorpgs ask for these upfront and we accept that it needs to be done this way for the reasons you mention above.. what does bother me isnt the fact that your system failed him... its the fact that i recommended this game to him cos he liked the look of it.. but now he wants nothing to do with it and ive lost a good mate who could be playing with me as we speak.

I can assure you Requiel this isnt a dig at you personally but someone needs to look at your system and double check it is working ok, just because no-one else has complained doesnt mean its working fine, because obviously in this case it didnt work.. and someone got let down.. and now as a consequence youll lose revenue.

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
Had something similar with my other account, except it just sort of stopped accepting the pword for it. I had them send about 7 new pwords till I found one that worked. Losing the free 7 day trial is pretty harsh though.

Malena

Banned
yea this isnt working at all !!

GOA even send out my irl name to those I wanted to give out free time
who isnt allowed by law.

france is a member of EU right ?

Adari

Part of the furniture
Loosey said:
when goa runs it!!

my mate got that 7 day free trial.. you know recommend a friend crap... so i did, he got email, followed it to the letter and.......... 8 days later he still cant access it... thus ending his 7 day free trial and the fucking bastards charged his account the £8.00...

1. they sent 2 different account log on names
2. they sent 1 password THAT DID NOT WORK ( i dont care what they say it doesnt and still doesnt work)
3. they sent email 8 days after he sent his initial subs@goa.com email to tell him they tested it and it works fine.. when it still doesnt..

why did you bother GOA? really why? its been a shower of shit from the start, hes instructed his bank to claim the money back from you.. and if you contest it i can assure you he will go to court for it costing you a damned sight more than £8.00.... if you want to attract new customers this isnt the way to do it.. ive cancelled my accounts now all 3 of them.. its a fucking disgrace i seriously hope no-one else goes through this, i was his mate i told him it would be ok... it wasnt and i looked bad thanks to you GOA.. you suck.

Oh I know it must be very, VERY hard to try and even imagine YOU are doing something wrong, but if GOA's verified the account details and told you they work, you might want to start thinking about what could be wrong on your side. Ie. post details about what client and version your friend has, and what in his update.dat is. Then we may be able to find the cause of the problems.

Posting a rant going "I DUN CAER WOT DEY THINK IT DONT WORK!!11" like a neanderthal isn't going to get you anywhere on these forums.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
Posting a rant going "I DUN CAER WOT DEY THINK IT DONT WORK!!11" like a neanderthal isn't going to get you anywhere on these forums.

want me to prove you wrong? :p

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
Oh I know it must be very, VERY hard to try and even imagine YOU are doing something wrong, but if GOA's verified the account details and told you they work, you might want to start thinking about what could be wrong on your side. Ie. post details about what client and version your friend has, and what in his update.dat is. Then we may be able to find the cause of the problems.

im not really sure what your problem is perhaps you didnt get laid on xmas day? who knows....

still i digress.. the password they sent DOESNT WORK.. it doesnt get any clearer than that.. ive typed it myself a hundred times.. checked the capitals and spelling and it DOESNT WORK... hes updated with all the latest patches, he downloade the client they directed him to.. there isnt anything more he can do... it simply doesnt work!

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
The send me a password that didn't work too at one point.

Off topic, the CD-key on my DAoC is invalid! I bought the DAOC/SI bundle. Fortunately I can get in with SI? ToA without needign it.

Me thinks the code used to encrypt these things is somehow off from the code that decrypts them under some circumstances.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Well, there's only 1 thing I can say....
I'm afraid your mate just got GOAed Loosey :(

Loosey

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
Well, there's only 1 thing I can say....
I'm afraid your mate just got GOAed Loosey :(

unfortunately he no longer wishes to play.. which is a shame cos i was gonna help him out a bit and show him the ropes... its also a loss for me cos now i have to log on MSN to chat to him .. bah damn you goa!!!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Loosey said:
unfortunately he no longer wishes to play.. which is a shame cos i was gonna help him out a bit and show him the ropes... its also a loss for me cos now i have to log on MSN to chat to him .. bah damn you goa!!!

Play another game with him then since you cancelled your accs and he cant play daoc.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Play another game with him then since you cancelled your accs and he cant play daoc.

you there are some new good whinethreads in rvrdiscussions aim, no need to come prowling here for em ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom