Question When do you put your Christmas tree up?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Since we are approaching the birthday of our dear lord Jesus Christ, I wondered when the Freddies put their trees up?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Christmas Eve. Didn't bother last year - there were kittens, it was never going to work.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
It'll go up sometime in the week before Christmas, probably about the 20th I guess. Will get it before then and it can live outside for a while.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
1 week before christmas max. Basically whenever I have time after about the 20th.

old.user4556

Awesome thanks guys; my missus is acting like a 5 year old and insisting it goes up on the 1st to which I've said "LULZ".

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
nah thats what the 12 days of christmas is all about isnt it. thats how long its supposed to be up for

Chilly

Balls of steel
A bit after they start selling them on ealing common. probably 2 weeks into dec.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
2 things
"birthday of our dear lord Jesus Christ" isnt december, i believe its feb ish ? depending on how u calculate it
secondly, christmas decorations, trees, etc, go up for the 12 days of christmas. no more, no less. and no eating mince pies outside that time either, its bad luck

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
2 things
"birthday of our dear lord Jesus Christ" isnt december, i believe its feb ish ? depending on how u calculate it
secondly, christmas decorations, trees, etc, go up for the 12 days of christmas. no more, no less. and no eating mince pies outside that time either, its bad luck
Christmas has nothing to do with religion for the masses anyway, it's just a consumer holiday where gifts are exchanged, and when the shops make alot of their profit :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Any time now according to the wife.

Foot has been put down though, two weeks before Xmas and 1st Jan to take them down again.

Personally I don't care for them. I would be happy to put them up Xmas eve and take them back down again on boxing day but apparently I am a Scrooge.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
At my mums they go up on my brothers birthday (11th December) by tradition

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Mabs, did the sarcasm of that completely bypass you?

my point was:
if you are religious, your doing it at the wrong time of year, so doesnt matter.
if your not, you arent bound by any "rules" that cover it, and it therefore doesnt matter.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I always thought the 12 days of Christmas started on christmas day and went on till the epiphany.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
usually about 10 days ish beforehand - going to try to look out for some WIFI lights tech

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Against all my wishes ... will probably get one up in the first week of December (My gf has to spend Christmas in the USA this year and therefore is making certain demands)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
They go up 12 days before and come down 12 days atfer Chistmas day, although i haven't put up and decs for about 15 yrs now, apart from a holy wreath that russ got me about 4 years ago, and burns my ears off if i dont hang it on the front door every year

Hate Christmas........Bah...fucking...humbug

russell

FH is my second home
12 before, 12 after in our house and it HAS to be real, sod all the pine needles.
A decent size -none of this spindly crap in our house;)
And yes I do co -ordinate colour themes and I let the kids decorate and change it when they are in bed.

old.user4556

Either, they're my favourite sisters, although on top isn't my favourite position.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
2 things

What? how can mince pies be bad luck, they are so tasty. Also does this mince pie rule extend to mulled wine too?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
In Belgium and the Netherlands we celebrate "Sinterklaas" (Saint Nicholas) on 5/6 December and christmas decorations can't go up until that's done.
So basically 2 weeks before (and down about a week into the new year)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom