When are Goa gonna start provdeing any professional service?

S

sorusi

*topic*

they cant do anything propperly imo, lots of downtime when installing si, they keep changeing names here and there, they are never around when you need them... they patch damn slowly, they take same price for english servers, and from same money pay the ppl translateing german/french servers... - goa cant fix xml, it has been down now for a long time...

AND NOW THEY ASK FOR MORE MONEY?!

what is wrong with you ppl, are you TOTALLY insane? you provide POOR SERVICE for ppl playing on english servers.....

i guess you want to kill your buisness... :p

S

Sharma

Ramped up prices, gifv new server and better service, as ive said on anothe post goa have not given any reason to ramp up the prices o_O

V

var

tbh I wouldnt mind paying even more, if they made a 3rd english server.

K

k9awya

usa had strong dt for si too

xml is just fluff, be happy they include it at all.

usa costs $10.95 - $12.95 dont whine on price :eek:

R

Rhudii

Originally posted by k9awya
usa had strong dt for si too

xml is just fluff, be happy they include it at all.

usa costs $10.95 - $12.95 dont whine on price :eek:

I play USA version. No they didn't have SI downtime. I was there, I think I would have noticed.

L

lofff

btw 1dollar = 0.95€ or so nowadays and ramping down, so well end up paying more than US ppl for a REALLY poor service :m00:

Its not paying 2€ more per month what bothers me, but i was unhappy before :eek:

A

Apathy

In the Friday News with the price increase in it, it shows they are hiring 5 new members of staff...

a.

S

skile

The thing is. US servers should take more money because the updates are realtime. We are a couple of months behind. And they also provide a great xml system, with a lot of functions. EU don't.

A

Arthwyr

The english community is punished harder by this price raise then the French/German one. This game has 3 realms and because of the COC you can not play one account on the same server on different realms. Both the german and the french player can role a mid , hib and alb character on a server in their language without getting a second account. As an non german/french player you have to make a choice between 2 realms OR buy a 2nd account and who in his right mind will pay for a 2nd account to play an alt. To add to that most german/french players DO speak/understand English quite well. They have to do it in every other damn game on the internet so they are very capable of doing so. Most English players (face it) don't. So they should either add a 3rd English language server OR charge the people playing on excali/pryd less then their german and french counterparts. In my humble opinion it is very possible to do so just by restrictign the access to French/German servers. It might need some brainstorming as in how to achieve this best but it can be done. If things stay as they are (lousy game support, slow patching, etc) this will be my last subscription period, unfortunately it just got autorenewed a few days before the price raise was announced.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Arthwyr
unfortunately it just got autorenewed a few days before the price raise was announced.

I'm sorry... how does that qualify as a bad thing?

K

k9awya

Originally posted by Rhudii
I play USA version. No they didn't have SI downtime. I was there, I think I would have noticed.

usa server were down twice for si

and yeah i play us, so does my brother :/

O

old.ST200

hahahahahhahhahahha

go buy a mythic account :p

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Rhudii

rofl yes they did

US SI instilation was nearly as bad as ours :|

B

braudristin

They will provide some professional service when pigs fly.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by braudristin
They will provide some professional service when pigs fly.

I take it you didn't see that news artical on the doctor that sucsessfully enginiered a pig/albertross hybrid? never mind, we can't all be as informed as i am ;)

S

StormriderX

Well I hope we do get in game support + better service in general overall for the extra cash. The si launch was far from impressive with the stupidly limited registration system for activating the expansion pack.

3rd realm isnt that big a deal for me as I have enough trouble leveling my alts in hib alone (xp is so tedious) nevermind leveling some more in other realms...

S

Sohan_THC

First we had Doac for a reasable price.

We play it for about a year ( so 12 x 10 euro = 120 euro )

Then stuff us an update in the form of a complete game like S.i.
and charge us an other 25 euro.

What we got ?

Still crappy support.
Line of sight bug is still here
Fall down in some parts of the maps
Stuck in tents,sticks etc
etc. etc.
Some very old etc etc.....

Competition is comming on the market
with games like AO and Planetside and soon SWG

So what you do

You raise youre price's :clap:
Well you need to drink tons of wine and eat tons of france fries to understand this completly logical step .

They play on a duel xeon thingie or dual p4 as a server
now our guild alone payed more in a year then that whole server is worth for scrap junk.
So give us a 3th server , heck even it is a old french one.
or shuild we support you guys and give you a server orso.
think i got some duel xp mobo's lurring around here.
some 1 add some scsi disk say about 30 Gb should be enough.
4 network cards with teaming nic activated
and we are up in business.

I will give the game another 3 months but won't renew account
if it stay's like this and we still aint got the houses orso.
summer is comming , new games , new rounds to prepare for the winter time's again

In short:
Fix the old bugs
Do what you promised the last year ( in game help ?? etc )
GIVE XML FILES !!!!!!!!!!
update the english servers and give a 3th one

then after that is fixed for most part you start to think about a raise...
give pie :cool:

T

talen_sun

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
First we had Doac for a reasable price.

What we got ?

Still crappy support.
Line of sight bug is still here
Fall down in some parts of the maps
Stuck in tents,sticks etc
etc. etc.
Some very old etc etc.....

um...

Still crappy support. - Agreed
Line of sight bug is still here - Not GoAs fault, blame Mythic
Fall down in some parts of the maps - Not GoAs fault, blame Mythic
Stuck in tents,sticks etc - Not GoAs fault, blame Mythic

try thinking befoe typing...

A

aigan

Oh bugger - when Pigs Fly you say?

I work for Zurich Financial Services - have you SEEN our advertising?

It involves little runways in fields, formation flying with up to three...... umm, erm, PIGS!

EEEK - does this mean that what i think it means? GOA are actually providing good service? Actually, nah, I'll get me coat even for suggesting such a thing - at times they do SEEM good, but overall....

<Staggers off with visions of pigs divebombing GOA headquarters - utilising special 'nerf' technology weapons!>

G

Genesis_of_Ak

I think anyone who doesn't expect Mythic to increase its subscription rates each year is being naive.

Did anyone expect Gordon Brown to freeze the duty on cigarettes on this year's Budget ? Petrol's gone up ? OMG ! Hold the front page ! We didn't expect that !

Mythic are a business - you think they've created DAOC to make you lot happy ? You think that some Vice President in Mythic's executive offices earning $450,000 really gives a fuck you're not happy cos it takes you 5 seconds longer to log onto your damn computer game ? Get real, please.

Its all about dollars at the end of the day. Oh, and in case you didn't know, Mythic's parent company are a stock exchange listed company with shareholders. Shareholders require returns on their equity investments. Who do you think's going to pay that ?

You want a "professional service". Fine. Mythic will do that - but you aint going to get it for free. If anyone actually thinks that, can they pop out and get me one of those packet of polo's for 6p ?

:sleeping:

T

Talifer

Well it seems clear to me what GOA are doing, they can see the player base dropping as people become more and more dissatisfied, they need a way to get as much money as possible before it all comes crashing down around their feet. Brainstorm, if we say we are going to increase the charges soon but allow people to subscribe at the old price for a bit, people will renew their subscription for a long time to save money, thus allowing us to get their cash in advance. Now what if we coincidentally introduce a new 12 month subscription! Genius! We have their money for 12 months, doesn't matter what we do now.

GOA are just trying to tie everyone into the game for a longer period because they know people are starting to leave and new games will be coming out soon. At the moment GOA can provide this pathetic service because people will take it and keep paying, because they have hopes for future patches and they have friends in the game. Personally I'd like to quit over this price increase, but I won't for the reasons above (I'm a Merc I want the coming patch :)). However I will check every game I buy in future and if the name GOA appears anywhere on the box or in the license agreement I will NOT be buying it.

Did Excal ever get a server upgrade? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Talifer

E

Einsi

æ æ :~/
givf faster and better csr responce and ill be happy... :)

T

talen_sun

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak
I think anyone who doesn't expect Mythic to increase its subscription rates each year is being naive.

Um, we are talking about GoA here...not Mythic

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak
You want a "professional service". Fine. Mythic will do that - but you aint going to get it for free.

When *GoA* provide a professional service, I'll be more than happy to pay. Until then, I'll pay, unhappily...

A

Aeiedil

Originally posted by sorusi
*topic*

they cant do anything propperly imo, lots of downtime when installing si, they keep changeing names here and there, they are never around when you need them... they patch damn slowly, they take same price for english servers, and from same money pay the ppl translateing german/french servers... - goa cant fix xml, it has been down now for a long time...

AND NOW THEY ASK FOR MORE MONEY?!

what is wrong with you ppl, are you TOTALLY insane? you provide POOR SERVICE for ppl playing on english servers.....

i guess you want to kill your buisness... :p

as ive said many times THE XML IS NOT DOWN TO GOA AT THE MOMENT, Mythic have not sent them back the files required afaik

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Archeon
I take it you didn't see that news artical on the doctor that sucsessfully enginiered a pig/albertross hybrid? never mind, we can't all be as informed as i am ;)

does this mean the mythic merc/bm changes will be more than 'reduced timer on flurry to 90 seconds'?

F

Fagane

I am just playing till WoW comes out and then start to play on an US server.

All my problems are then solved, no more GOA, no more bad support, no more long waits for bug fixes, no more over charged prices, no more a very buggy/laggy SI.

Only shame is I am atleast stuck for 6 months with GOA (but paid that before the price raise).

Fagane

Users who are viewing this thread