Wheel of time movie

Punishment

Resident Freddy

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I hate it when I hear a decent book is being made into a movie. I always look forward to them and hey always manage to disappoint. I never learn.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I don't think they could ever make the entire series into a movie, the first 3 books however can be made into a self contained story - just have Ishamael in the 3rd book be the Dark One and that would be it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Each book could easily be three movies each so how the fuck they are even gonna approach this is going to be pretty tricky :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I hate it when I hear a decent book is being made into a movie. I always look forward to them and hey always manage to disappoint. I never learn.

I dunno, some have managed very well.

I personally haven't read this series, so i have no expectations, but i'll give it a go as usual. Can't say before it's released though.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I haven't read Wheel of Time. I have a kind of second-hand respect for it because so many people (some who's opinions I value) very much rate it highly.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Harry potter.. Al lof them haVE been grear and if you deny that teh books are good youre a faggot who doesnt enjoy a good read

moives have obviosuly lacked a few things but in general captured the universe great

cant wait for the last two

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I haven't read Wheel of Time. I have a kind of second-hand respect for it because so many people (some who's opinions I value) very much rate it highly.

I'm in the same boat - lots have said how good it is and sadly haven't had the time to get around to them.

Harry potter.. Al lof them haVE been grear and if you deny that teh books are good youre a faggot who doesnt enjoy a good read

moives have obviosuly lacked a few things but in general captured the universe great

Jesus Amb - all those typo's?? Vodka so early really isn't that good for you ;)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Got through the first 11 books and then found out the writer has died :(

A series of 14 books to be made into a movie? You know it is either going to be cut to shreds or a complete shower of shit.

Chances are the director will go the same way as the author before the series are anywhere near finished.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I'll very much like to see what comes of this. Read the books, and back in the nineties my first ever online RP experience was on the MUD/MUSH "A Moment In Tyme", sponsored by Mr. Jordan himself. Met my girlfriend on there too, I was a Warder, she a Sedai! ^^

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wheel of Time will fail as a book, it's a bad idea. The Songs of Ice and Fire movies look like they will be great, because of the massive involvement of the author, this can't happen for Wheel of Time (he died last year). Also the story is too epic, the films would be ridiculously long, or would miss out most of the story.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Could be a story from the world, not the whole legend(whatever it is).

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
It's really disturbing, but for some reason I always imagined Rand al'Thor looking kinda like Hayden Christensen.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

I fecking love reading but I found reading the first Harry Potter book very tedious I didn't enjoy the style of writing at all.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It's really disturbing, but for some reason I always imagined Rand al'Thor looking kinda like Hayden Christensen.

Same tbh and i think Ryan reynold's would make a good perrin , mat would be alot harder to cast but i think myself Hugh Dancy would be the man for the part .

10.jpg

People are looking at this all wrong ...

How do you eat an elephant ? One bite at a time thats how , and as people have said the 1st book alone would work as a film perfectly and if anythign would just get more people reading the books .

After he 3rd/4th book the series loses momentum for abit as Jordan at that time lost alot of his character notes , most notably almost all his character notes on mat and i thin the 1st 3 books as 2/3 movies would work very well as many of the drawn out travel chapters and internal struggles the characters face could be easily explained and covered in 1 minute or so flashbacks and through narration.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I fecking love reading but I found reading the first Harry Potter book very tedious I didn't enjoy the style of writing at all.

Harry Potter is aimed more towards a younger/more feminine audience tbh Lord of the Rings would be about halfway between Harry Potter and the Wheel of Time :D

I enjoyed the harry potter books though in my late teens but tbh if they can make 4-5 Harry potter films i fail to see how this project could work

gohan

FH is my second home
Harry Potter is aimed more towards a younger/more feminine audience tbh Lord of the Rings would be about halfway between Harry Potter and the Wheel of Time :D

I enjoyed the harry potter books though in my late teens but tbh if they can make 4-5 Harry potter films i fail to see how this project could work

couldn't work you mean?

other wise surely thats and oxymoron,

if they can turn 7 harry potter books into 8 films then they can turn 14 books in anything up to 20 films

or thin it down to 10 or w/e

at the end of the day if people keep watchinh them they'll keep making them, like james bond for instance

Punishment

Resident Freddy
couldn't work you mean?

other wise surely thats and oxymoron,

if they can turn 7 harry potter books into 8 films then they can turn 14 books in anything up to 20 films

or thin it down to 10 or w/e

at the end of the day if people keep watchinh them they'll keep making them, like james bond for instance

Aye i meant couldn't , as i said 1 bite at a time , the 1st 3-4 books or the 1st book alone could all make an excellent movie , just leave it a little open ended

Zenith

Part of the furniture
The only one that worked for me was Hugh Dancy as Mat... the others were too good looking! Ryan Reynolds is too toned down to be Perrin, as he was pretty hugh, and beardy. I always saw Rand as more "odd" looking, black hair, sharp edges etc.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
The only one that worked for me was Hugh Dancy as Mat... the others were too good looking! Ryan Reynolds is too toned down to be Perrin, as he was pretty hugh, and beardy. I always saw Rand as more "odd" looking, black hair, sharp edges etc.

True and the fact is beyond the main casting and possibly in the main cast also we should hopefully see some new talent as not all the cast can't be superstars afterall :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
oh god please don't let Hayden C be Rand :(:(:(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I don't want to watch these movies because it will ruin all the mental images of the characters that I have :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Lord of the Rings halfway between Wheel of Time and Harry Potter, are you insipid?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I got it as; harry potter, light vs heavy reading, is x1. Wheel of time is heavier by x2 then lord of the rings, while lotr is x2 heavier then harry.

Or on a scale, from light to heavy entertainment;

Harry potter 1.
Lotr 5.
Wheel 10.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ya please don't, LOTR is gutter trash in comparison.

It has it's place in early sci-fant writing but it's really an overrated POS fetishised by people who dress up as frodo and co at the weekend to enact scenes of their true love.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
They are the same Genre so they are obvious comparisons to be made and applied :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom