Misc Wheel Bin Locks?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Suddenly, a wild lazy cunt appears at my block of flats who has been filling my bin with all manner of rubbish instead of his own (pizza boxes, beer bottles etc.). I've been meaning to get a lock for a while and wondered if any of you gents have had to do the same?

I've seen this:

http://www.binloc.com/

Seems to do the job, but I'm thinking I can fashion something for half the price with a piece of cable and a padlock.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
or you could just confront the twat and "politely" ask him to F*off! ?

old.user4556

It's not worth it. I had the neighbours from hell for close to two years - drink driving, property damaged, property stolen, growing hash in the loft - the council and the police did fuck all about it. I say the police did nothing, but they did arrest one of them on two occasions - he simply came back and carried on regardless.

It would be much simpler to just put a lock on the bin and let someone else's bin get used.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just take it out and post it through his letterbox

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm lost as it is, if you're in a block of flats, don't you tend to leave the bin where it's collected? (We move the bin by the back door for easy access from the Kitchen) Is this guy really that lazy? :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It's not worth it. I had the neighbours from hell for close to two years - drink driving, property damaged, property stolen, growing hash in the loft - the council and the police did fuck all about it. I say the police did nothing, but they did arrest one of them on two occasions - he simply came back and carried on regardless.

It would be much simpler to just put a lock on the bin and let someone else's bin get used.

Indeed, sounds like the best plan, It also sounds as if you might want to consider a better neighborhood ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Shit in a padded envelope, post it. If he doesn't stop just keep rinse repeating.

old.user4556

Sadly yes.

He can't be arsed to put things in his own bin or his own bin is full, or perhaps he just distributes his stuff across everyone's bin so he doesn't have the first world pain of actively putting his own bin out / taking his own bin in. He just dumps loose rubbish into our bin (not even bagged).

old.user4556

It also sounds as if you might want to consider a better neighborhood ?

Working on it.

My neighbourhood is a very nice place, but it's full of rich homeowners who snapped up a load of new-build flats for rental purposes and then the downturn hit. They couldn't get them rented out to respectful individuals, so they let them to the housing association / bunch of Polish workers. It's the rental flats that are causing the issue, hence why this problem has just started to manifest given that there has been a change of tenant somewhere.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
At the risk of sounding silly, it's just a bin and rubbish. Unless you can't fit your own rubbish in there, why do you care?

soze

I am a FH squatter
My friend bought a flat in Essex, around 8 of them are privately owned the other 100 odd ended up being sold to the Housing Association who promptly filled them with people being relocated from Stratford. Now his £120k flat is worth under £80k as the Housing Association are the only people that will buy it. All the other flats have been filled with the jobless and random neighbours think nothing of throwing parties to 3 or 4 in the morning and his neighbour who called the cops has had his car stolen twice. He is currently trying to find a solicitor to take his case him and the other private owners want to sell the flats for what they paid. The are saying the developer mislead them when selling the flats privately despite bargaining with the local council to sell the rest.

It is shocking how quickly the area turned to shit.

old.user4556

At the risk of sounding silly, it's just a bin and rubbish. Unless you can't fit your own rubbish in there, why do you care?

I have no problem with the occasional item put in my bin, but it's exactly the point that you make that ends up being a problem. The bins are emptied every two weeks and when I take a big bag down only to find a Budweiser box with 24 empty bottles in it and two Dominos boxes, I can't get my bag of rubbish in my own bin.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Place your bag of rubbish very carefully outside his front door, then slice the bottom of it. Ring his door bell and make a swift exit. Childish but effective.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*looks at public bins that everyone can use equally*

Sometimes i swear you're a third world country :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
do you know where his bin is ? does he have one ? does yours have "this is not your bin, fuck off" or "flat 44" or whatever on it ? if not , paint your door number on it, then give him abuse.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The way I am reading this Big G's neighbour is not the kind of guy that will just say "fair enough you caught me I will stop that" I get the impression that he is the kind of guy that will try to kick off and threaten actual bodily harm if confronted. If that's the case risking the fight over a wheely bin is stupid you pick your battles and that is not one.

old.user4556

Aye, honestly, £20 lock will do it or any other cheaper suggestions most welcome.

I had a look at a basic bike lock, but by the time you add delivery onto it (not to mention, the need to drill holes in the bin) it only ends up about £5 cheaper. Think i'll just order that original bin lock and that'll do it :).

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
you think he wont chew it off ? :p

does he do it randomly or is he targetting you specifically ?

old.user4556

I've not gone into that level of analysis tbfh :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I just read this title as 'Where's Bin-Locks?' thinking there was a new hoister leader around, I shit you not.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So take all of his rubbish and dump the cunt infront of his front door? thats all i'd do.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
*looks at public bins that everyone can use equally*

Sometimes i swear you're a third world country :p
I pressed agree, but that said there's a mixed system here. Friends of mine are forced to use personal (and mandatory) council bins which they have to pay a surprising amount for. I'd be mad as hell if I caught some fucker shoving his trash in my personal and expensive bin. Here in the inner city on the other hand, I just chuck my bag in the street on wednesday mornings and it gets collected. Easy come easy go :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Can you drill a hole in it and fit a normal (large) padlock?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can you drill a hole in it and fit a normal (large) padlock?

Normally you don't own your wheelie bin, so drilling fucking great holes in it would probably be frowned upon by the refuse company/council.

rynnor

Rockhound
Normally you don't own your wheelie bin, so drilling fucking great holes in it would probably be frowned upon by the refuse company/council.

I've seen it done locally - I imagine councils know about the issue of other people using your bins.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Working on it.

My neighbourhood is a very nice place, but it's full of rich homeowners who snapped up a load of new-build flats for rental purposes and then the downturn hit. They couldn't get them rented out to respectful individuals, so they let them to the housing association / bunch of Polish workers. It's the rental flats that are causing the issue, hence why this problem has just started to manifest given that there has been a change of tenant somewhere.
Is there no managing agent?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You seem to have missed the obvious spring-loaded spike trap.

Why is everyone here so new? :(

sayward

Resident Freddy
I recycle everything. And have a waste disposal unit. When am alone only produce a carrier bag of 'rubbish' a week. Keep my wheelie bin in my shed and don't use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom