36+15+mos5 on my infi
:mad: plz help me

pip

Banned
mixi said:
i dont know whay but alot of the stealther before they PA me and i got
36+15+mos5 on my infi
Strange mos5 :( maybe you lag like hell with 256 mb?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
mixi said:
i dont know whay but alot of the stealther before they PA me and i got
36+15+mos5 on my infi

mos for infils doesn't help you see assassins any quicker, just achers. if you can't see them at all before you get pa'd that means they had stealthlore up.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
pip said:
Strange mos5 :( maybe you lag like hell with 256 mb?

Think this is the first time I've agreed with Pip ^^

Could be as pip said, low RAM so you get a fair deal of lag.

I also had trouble until I got my new GFX card as my old one didn't want to load up enemies until they were fairly close to me (when I played a stealther that is).

Edit: That being said, it was a rather crappy GFX card :-/

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
maybe you suck?

or maybe mythic secretly introduced a stealth penalty when you are surrounded by 7 other stealthers...i dunno

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
With the stealth you have...and the MoS5...you should always see em tbh.

Maybe you should move more, cause getting a PA from a stealther being a stealther yourself (excluding mincers) means you don't move around enough. For most stealthers MoS2 is enough to avoid getting PA'd i think.

I also got the feeling that you see non moving chars a lot faster in stealth then those moving around all the time.

Maybe thats a tip for you...if you still get PA'd even when moving around a lot...i can't help.

pip

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
mos for infils doesn't help you see assassins any quicker, just achers. if you can't see them at all before you get pa'd that means they had stealthlore up.
nah high stealth mos 5?

pip

Banned
I have allways said as a archer hi stealth+mos is no good for infil/ns they will allways spot ya:( waste of ra points imo but can help you turn your back to them from time to time to avoid pa

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
nah high stealth mos 5?

eh? this is how it works.

stealth is basically a little bubble around you, if someone steps into this bubble a 3 second timer is activated. after those 3 seconds, you are visible to them, and not before.

that bubble becomes smaller and smaller in size as your stealth skill raises - it is capped at the level of your enemy. so, in rvr, stealth over 50 has absolutely zero effect.

MoS makes you get into enemy stealth bubbles easier, but for assassins mos only helps you see archers (and minstrels) easier. for archers, mos helps detect any stealther.

in other words, there is no way in hell you can get pa'd before you actually have seen the enemy, unless they have stealthlore up. or you have shit in your eyes. :p

pip

Banned
Vodkafairy said:

stealth is basically a little bubble around you, if someone steps into this bubble a 3 second timer is activated. after those 3 seconds, you are visible to them, and not before.

that bubble becomes smaller and smaller in size as your stealth skill raises - it is capped at the level of your enemy. so, in rvr, stealth over 50 has absolutely zero effect.

MoS makes you get into enemy stealth bubbles easier, but for assassins mos only helps you see archers (and minstrels) easier. for archers, mos helps detect any stealther.

in other words, there is no way in hell you can get pa'd before you actually have seen the enemy, unless they have stealthlore up. or you have shit in your eyes. :p
Bs with mos 5 you will see em

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
maybe you suck?

or maybe mythic secretly introduced a stealth penalty when you are surrounded by 7 other stealthers...i dunno

i dont care about dieing just asking whay i cant see them as im solo 95% of the time and keep running in to stealther grps rr8+

ps. sure i suck but i still try to get better :kissit:

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Think this is the first time I've agreed with Pip ^^

Could be as pip said, low RAM so you get a fair deal of lag.

I also had trouble until I got my new GFX card as my old one didn't want to load up enemies until they were fairly close to me (when I played a stealther that is).

Edit: That being said, it was a rather crappy GFX card :-/

maybe thats my problem then as i duel log atm as my sec pc is dead

thx

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:

standing still and not moving, makes you easier to spot then if you move around..

this is from own and other ppl's experience ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
all stealthers should know this shit man.

----------------------------------------------

ok for an assasin

MOS does not work versus other assasins it does nothing apart form increase your stealthed movement speed. As an assasin the range which u will detect another assasin will be fixed around the small detect bubble around you provided by detect hidden. However if their stealth is so low then the bubble around them which other people will see them will be larger than the radius of the detect hidden bubble so u will see them a long way away.

MOS will work against archers and mincers (providing camo isnt up on the archer in which case u will detect an archer at your detect hidden bubble (150units iirc) )

-------------------------------------------------

for an archer

MOS will detect all stealthers excepted camo'd stealthers. If a stealther is camo'd then your detection of him is based on his level of stealth vesus you actual level (usually 50 total stealth versus lvl 50) this means you only see them at virtually point blank.

--------------------------------------------------

censi

Can't get enough of FH
ok heres an even better description

firstly as I describe this forget about 3 things

forget detect hidden exists
forget mos exists
forget stealth lore exists.

we will call the act of forgetting these 3 things the "PRIMARY ASSUMPTION"

----------

ok imagine looking at your toon from a birdseye position. There is a circle around your toon from which other characters can see you stealthed(doesnt matter what other type of charcter is trying to detect going by the PRIMARY ASSUMPTION)

that circle is based on your total stealth versus their actual level. and apparently its capped at 50 stealth (although i have heard people argue that theres a micro improvement for each point in stealth over 50 i dont buy that)

thats it. that is how stealth detection normally works. its this radius around YOU that others will see you from.

--------

Now dismiss the PRIMARY ASSUMPTION. Those 3 forms of detection I mentioned above create a bubble around the DETECTOR (NOT THE STEALTHED TARGET, THE DECTOR, REPEAT NOT THE STEALTHER BEING DETECTED, IMPORTANT U GRASP THAT CONCEPT)

If the requirements are good EG the target isnt camo'd or its not an assasin looking for an assasin, then basically

MOS will give you the fixed radius around the detector as detailed in the RA guide (around 850 radius for mos5 iirc)

detect gives you a fixed radius of 150 iirc. detect also stacks with MOS and SL.

so basically theres your base bubble around you which people can see you from to consider. and theres the 3 forms of detection which are bubbles around the detector not the detected.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
censi said:

forget mos exists

----------

ok imagine looking at your toon from a birdseye position. There is a circle around your toon from which other characters can see you stealthed(doesnt matter what other type of charcter is trying to detect going by the PRIMARY ASSUMPTION)

that circle is based on your total stealth versus their actual level. and apparently its capped at 50 stealth (although i have heard people argue that theres a micro improvement for each point in stealth over 50 i dont buy that)

thats it. that is how stealth detection normally works. its this radius around YOU that others will see you from.

--------

Now dismiss the PRIMARY ASSUMPTION. Those 3 forms of detection I mentioned above create a bubble around the DETECTOR (NOT THE STEALTHED TARGET, THE DECTOR, REPEAT NOT THE STEALTHER BEING DETECTED, IMPORTANT U GRASP THAT CONCEPT)

If the requirements are good EG the target isnt camo'd or its not an assasin looking for an assasin, then basically

MOS will give you the fixed radius around the detector as detailed in the RA guide (around 850 radius for mos5 iirc)

detect gives you a fixed radius of 150 iirc. detect also stacks with MOS and SL.

so basically theres your base bubble around you which people can see you from to consider. and theres the 3 forms of detection which are bubbles around the detector not the detected.

You should ask to get that post as a sticky in the Newbie part of the forum.

It actually helps quite alot for people who has problem understanding the actually mathematic "mystery" of stealth detection.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
what censi posted is correct, there's one more thing that adds a bubble around the detector and that's lookout (ml8 spymaster). exactely 1k radius SL around the one using lookout on a groupmate.

illu

Part of the furniture
Yup, basically if you are an assassin mos2 is fine, any more is wasted (as we can only see archers and mincers with it and NOT other assassins).

If you are an archer, then usually mos3+ is the way they go so that you can either avoid an incoming assassin's PA or BS, or so that you can pop them out of stealth from a mile away when a FG of enemy is running past them.

Oli - Illu

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
what censi posted is correct, there's one more thing that adds a bubble around the detector and that's lookout (ml8 spymaster). exactely 1k radius SL around the one using lookout on a groupmate.

ahhhh now i know how you do it as you just done it on me in your duo you just take turn to sit and the other use lookout :twak:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
mixi said:
ahhhh now i know how you do it as you just done it on me in your duo you just take turn to sit and the other use lookout :twak:

errr, I have never used lookout to PA anyone and I havn't been duo at all today.

maybe you should stfu becoming hostile when i just tried to help you with a question, or bring your mates to add me down some more. i especially liked the PA from another infil and a /bow from you, what a good fight it was! :D:D

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
errr, I have never used lookout to PA anyone and I havn't been duo at all today.

maybe you should stfu becoming hostile when i just tried to help you with a question, or bring your mates to add me down some more. i especially liked the PA from another infil and a /bow from you, what a good fight it was! :D:D
looool funny that i cut see you 2 times now after your buddy gone gone and im still solo btw and will stay solo as a gimp infi

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
sorry vodka i just have a bad day and sick of every time i go anywher i get ganked by 2-3 NS/sb ore a fg caster add:mad:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
mixi said:
sorry vodka i just have a bad day and sick of every time i go anywher i get ganked by 2-3 NS/sb ore a fg caster add:mad:

yeah today has been retarded, but there's no reason to blame it on me. i'm almost always solo and when duo, me and the one i duo with won't destroy eachother's 1v1's. was a few mistakes (sorry thesa, eul) yesterday but we made clear agreements now so it won't happen again.

and in both fights we had today you got an infil and scout add, be hostile at them instead maybe :p

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
yeah today has been retarded, but there's no reason to blame it on me. i'm almost always solo and when duo, me and the one i duo with won't destroy eachother's 1v1's. was a few mistakes (sorry thesa, eul) yesterday but we made clear agreements now so it won't happen again.

and in both fights we had today you got an infil and scout add, be hostile at them instead maybe :p

sorry i cant see the scouts when they are on top of the tower so i cant see who add :drink:

Rate

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey mixi ;)...

I Pa you alot, but ure very unlucky with me, because i mostly use RoD and usually u pop when i use it, so that explains why i can PA u :D

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:

forget mos exists

Assumption is the mother of all FUCKUPS.

@Mixinfi, use those extra 30 points for purge3 and ditch mos5 - it'll help you better in the long run

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom