Whats your most hated class in daoc!?!? and why!

Come on i wanna know what the daoc community hates the most :p you must provide the following:

Most hated class:
Reason:
What you think would make them more balanced:

go go go

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i think most hate warlocks, but i hate spiritmasters whit intercepting pets more.

fix ?? lower LT dmg

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Most hated class: Anything that kills me.
Reason: I can't win. :(
What you think would make them more balanced: Turn all of em into Albs.

I don't really hate any specific class, each class has its bad sides, each class has its good sides. Some classes lack utility and are underused, others obviously are the other way around. Even Warlocks gotta have some good side to them somehow. (I'll find one some day!)

Well... after playing this morning i have to say this:

Most hated class/classes: Druids/Clerics
Reason: Because you generally find one of these stuck to a Sorc or a bainshee with Di3.
What can be done to make them more balanced: Change DI so it only works when grped with 4 or more people or reduce the maximum you can have it to DI1.

There you have it.. my most hated classes Clerics and Druids :/ never find a sorc or bainshee without 1 these days zzz and you never find a mid with one? because mids spec buffer doesnt get it healers do... and not alot of people are sad enough to go out and get an uber pc to run 3 accounts from just to have a DI bot

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Hate

1. Warlocks because the class design is fubar. Fix the ui cast and make curse spells affected by dex/haste.

2. Banshees just op in their own way. And far more op than any warlock in a group. Falloff on the aoe bolt lower delve on bl nuke. And bring the other lines upto par.

3. Sorcs because they just are. With charm, MoC, boltrange CC etc..
Make them cast slower.. it's not even remotly funny with that castspeed on a CC class.

4. Mincer because their defence and possible damage output combined with stealth and charm is not even funny. Remove stealth and ablabtive chant.

5. Any baseline stunners. Having the potential to dish out 2k+ in damage while a non det/stocism class cant do shit is quite obvious. And same with MoC + LT casters. Much lower % returned in health on all LTs

6. Thanes because they are still fubar and never get groups. Give them group utility and more fluff!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
GrisomWarshadow said:
What can be done to make them more balanced: Change DI so it only works when grped with 4 or more people or reduce the maximum you can have it to DI1.

Try and play a real Druid/Cleric and see how much that would screw up them, Hard enough as it is keeping up with the insane damage output from casters and tank assist trains while DI is a damage buffer.
Though I do agree that if someone is only grouped with 1 person it should heal for less or something but no way have a max of DI1.

Most hated class? Bainshee, worse than warlocks in so many ways.
700-800 damage nukes on 40%/45% resists (really makes me wonder what damage they do when I would forget to actually cast my resists) and they are never interrupted atleast so it seems, combine it with the fact it takes probably 8 nukes to get rid of their stacking(?) magic shield.
Nice fix would be lower their damage so they actually have to spec for their nuke and make it on an equal cast time as wiz spec nuke, make the taunt spell 500 range, fix nuking through solid walls.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Remove the intercept from SM pets, instead give the top one a Snare proc

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
1) Classes with orbs above their heads.
2) Focus caster classes with baseline stun.
3) Classes with that fucked up caoe spell.
4) Classes with a baseline lifetap that delves the same as a spec nuke and casts faster.

A

Aoln

Warlocks - Bonedancers - SMs when pets on a rampage. Everyone knows why.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Armsman - Just way too much utility, Mythic should do some serious thinking in terms of this class and 'nerf' it down to status of other classes.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I would say Runemasters. Cuz' they are the most vounerable class and can only do 3 good things and they are all on different specs :x

Why oh why didn't I make a SM or BD :(

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Solo: Warlocks, for obvious reasons, aswell as Sm's with moc, intercept pet and lifetap :I

Grouped: Bainshees. Really quite hard to fight two assisting bgéd bainshees -.-

Andrilyn said:
Try and play a real Druid/Cleric and see how much that would screw up them, Hard enough as it is keeping up with the insane damage output from casters and tank assist trains while DI is a damage buffer.
Though I do agree that if someone is only grouped with 1 person it should heal for less or something but no way have a max of DI1.

Most hated class? Bainshee, worse than warlocks in so many ways.
700-800 damage nukes on 40%/45% resists (really makes me wonder what damage they do when I would forget to actually cast my resists) and they are never interrupted atleast so it seems, combine it with the fact it takes probably 8 nukes to get rid of their stacking(?) magic shield.
Nice fix would be lower their damage so they actually have to spec for their nuke and make it on an equal cast time as wiz spec nuke, make the taunt spell 500 range, fix nuking through solid walls.

Played a druid before and i know it would screw druid/cleric up... but really theres no other way they can fix it :/ casters have such silly cast speed... (also needs reducing) its just a case of moc+spam lifetap while your also getting fed DI or such :/ ... its really bad either way :/ i just lothe people that use it atm ruins it for soloers... its like have fun trying to kill a rr7+ sorc with a DI bot ;/

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks: No class should be able to insta kill a fully buffed tank no matter what realm rank they are.

Balance: Remove chambers and put everything on normal cast times like other casters, oh and sack the idiot who designed them.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
all mid casters cept for maybe runemaster. they all have diffrent reasons for being silly OP but a big fat nerf to pet intercept/dmg/and so on... whould fix them.
banshies........ we all know why :m00:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Its working as intended for Mythic. They came to the conclusion that all retarded children (no offence xD) would come back and roll a Warlock or a Bainshee. So more cash for Mythic, and i think they like to keep it that way.

Give scouts some utility ? Hib rangers got a freaking DD, what the fuck. And hunters got their freaking pets that they put onto you and interupts, even if they are grey.
Grey con mobs shouldnt even be able to interupt 50:s, but they do.

Vampiirs with selfbuff, give me a break, dont know Mythic they gave them self buff, as they wont earn anything extra when they dont have to roll bb:s.

:S infs get 2.5 spec points... ns gets dd/remedy... sb gets his p45 in the post - and amagad i just noticed samaroon is from newcastle :O come to durham and have a drink with me tbh... back on track its quite clearly sb's that need love

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
GrisomWarshadow said:
:S infs get 2.5 spec points... ns gets dd/remedy... sb gets his p45 in the post - and amagad i just noticed samaroon is from newcastle :O come to durham and have a drink with me tbh... back on track its quite clearly sb's that need love

If you say so, but you gotta agree Scouts do too ;> As rangers get dual wield.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedancers and Spiritmasters.

Warlocks are very overpowered yes, but luckily they arn't used in fg's - So not really a problem for me.

Bonedancers, well: 2 instant cast spells meaning an interrupt every 2~ seconds, instant lifetap is one thing, having the fucking instant debuff interrupt aswell is even more laughable. Healing pets, and a Tank pet for even more interrupt. Banelord on a caster - It speaks for itself, even more instant interrupts.

Spiritmaster: Not as overpowered as the Bonedancer, but still an 'acid trip excuse' for a class, perhaps not at the start of the game, but with the introduction of the incercepting pets. In most fights I end up killing the pet before the caster goes down, even though I constantly have the caster targetted. The intercepting is basically a couple of seconds of MoC, enough to get one or two lifetaps off. Push ML9 on the pet and well.. :m00:

Edit - Midgard: The melee realm with the best casters!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
CstasY said:

Warlocks are very overpowered yes, but luckily they arn't used in fg's - So not really a problem for me.

Bonedancers, well: 2 instant cast spells meaning an interrupt every 2~ seconds, instant lifetap is one thing, having the fucking instant debuff interrupt aswell is even more laughable. Healing pets, and a Tank pet for even more interrupt. Banelord on a caster - It speaks for itself, even more instant interrupts.

Spiritmaster: Not as overpowered as the Bonedancer, but still an 'acid trip excuse' for a class, perhaps not at the start of the game, but with the introduction of the incercepting pets. In most fights I end up killing the pet before the caster goes down, even though I constantly have the caster targetted. The intercepting is basically a couple of seconds of MoC, enough to get one or two lifetaps off. Push ML9 on the pet and well.. :m00:

Agree that spiritmaster pets are awful. As a fighter you dont stand a chance most of the time, if you dont have some fancy dd spells or sumthin, but its really nasty combined with mastery of concentration.

GrisomWarshadow said:

underage drinking ftw ;)

CstasY said:

agree tbh.... i'm a mid and i don't like sm's at all.... the damage from there lifetaps is enough :p they don't need an intercepting pet... other solo/grp casters get by fine without 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom