whats wrong???

cutebunny04

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys, got a problem and wondering if any of you guys might know whats wrong.

Every now and then when im playing daoc my screen just freezes and then about 10 secands later the screen fooks up. i cant do nothing to escape this and results in me turning the computer off by the button.... which isnt good for the computer?!

Maybe its the graphics card i dunno. mines a : ATI radeon X600 pro 256mb// and my drivers are updated.

Any ideas? :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Does this only happen while playing DAoC?
Does your lag-o-meter show red squares?
What´s the temperature of your CPU (run DAoC windowed and check the temperature while playing).
Get a RAM checker and check your RAM!
Get a benchmark tool and let it run (they´ll occasionally spot/reproduce problems like this).

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im bretty sure its ur gfx... try changeing the drivers to a bit older version or somthing.

i cant play whit my ati card whit the latest drivers.. im useing one from last summer or something.. work perfect sofar.

had random crashes to desktop etc before, now gone :D

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I'm suspecting a GFX card issue myself. Try checking in Event Viewer to see if any specific problems are reported at a time that coincides with one of these freeze/crash events:

Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer/System

...and scroll down the list to see what errors there may be.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Guessing Gfx fuckup too, either it's a cooling problem or it's a driver problem, also u got Fast Write turned off do u?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Guessing Gfx fuckup too, either it's a cooling problem or it's a driver problem, also u got Fast Write turned off do u?

i get this sometimes as well, check you have enough voltage going to the AGP card, usually about 1.8 volts. the bios should be able to chnage it

:m00:

Tir

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun, can you let me know which version of the ATI drivers you are running please?! I ripped out a 9500 pro Monday and put the old nvidia card back in it as I found no solution to it getting graphical corruption and then having to hard reboot as it totally locked.

On a side note I am not 100% certain it wasn't a heat issue or related in some way to duel logging, but the worse
nvidia card is fine so it has to be something up with ATI. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom