Revenge - (BR18)
Kills = 1536
Exp = 821177
Facilities hacked = 173

Shadoh - (BR15)
Kills = 2196
Exp = 470622
Facilities hacked = 196

How does one end up with nearly twice the experience when they have underperformed compared to others?

Is there a logical reason for this?

C

Custy

dont play the game but i think if 1 faction is underpopulated they get a EXP boost to even it out a little

P

[PS]Mung

Yes, but only 1 or 2 percent.
I don't think that quite cuts it.

G

GregorFlambasto

Maybe he's a galaxy pilot or some sort of support for a regular squad ? He'd not get the kills but would still get xp ?

G

GregorFlambasto

Only thing worse than a cheat is someone calling other players cheats without any proof.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by GregorFlambasto
Only thing worse than a cheat is someone calling other players cheats without any proof.

Well said

On Topic tho, capping bases as a support character doesnt require you to kill a lot of enemies as long as you have a good squad around you.

Plus with a cap range of 1-5000xp such stats are easily achieved.

P

[PS]Mung

I'm not calling anyone a cheat.

I would just like to know how this is possible.
Quiet frankly, I'm shit at PS and if theres anyway in which I can get exp like this without the need to kill a lot of people, then I'd do it myself.

And as for proof of how this is possible, well that's what I want so that's why I ask.

G

GregorFlambasto

Wasnt referring to you Mung, was referring to Leggy's post.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Faeldawn
On Topic tho, capping bases as a support character doesnt require you to kill a lot of enemies as long as you have a good squad around you.

Plus with a cap range of 1-5000xp such stats are easily achieved.

^^

L

leggy

No one was calling him a cheat, but the XP bug exploitation was happening alot last week. It's a fairly logical assumption. Everyone in the VR training on werner were doing it when I was playing.

Get off the moral high ground m8.

/edit

although it is maybe feasible when you consider the "sad bastard" element.

G

Gewny

isent it so that diffrent ppl are worth diffrent amounts of XP ?

In that case it would be possible for one guy to be a frekvent spawn are farmer =very little xp per kill and another one to be an defender = more xp per kill.

And ofc its can be the fact that its a support guy that always are in big squads and that he dosent get the kills but still gets the xp

G

GregorFlambasto

Isnt high moral ground, just think it's poor to put xp exploitation when you probably have never seen the guy in game. He might have genuinely earnt that xp in supporting his squad etc.

Why not come out of the low morals ground m8. :p

L

leggy

The thing is rash comments like that annoy me. I said it partly in jest.

There is nothing worse than a cheat when talking about MP games. So try to not to insult me by suggesting that my comment makes me worse than a cheat.

Anyway i am in a galaxy so i'm right up there with you on the high groung gregor :p

G

GregorFlambasto

LOL :)

Sorry Leggy, I'm sitting in a HART pod waiting to choose me destination so you're still not higher than me :) .

Apologies if I caused offence but I used to play alot of RA2 (rocket arena) and was good with a railgun. Used to hate it when sorelosers started to spout cheat/aimbot etc as all it does is cause bad feeling all round.

Apologies again and will kick you're arse in game if I see you ;)

L

leggy

Heh no probs I was just being a grumpy twat anyway :)

I know how bad accusations are being a CS player. But bug exploitation is slightly different to cheating imo and not quite as bad. This all depends on how it is exploited though.

Anyway give me your PS name and i'll come hunt you down later :)

If you're NC I may have to rack up some more grief points :D

G

GregorFlambasto

I am Greg of the terran republic so fear my mines and turrets :)

L

leggy

I fear no TR!!!

I aer leggy!

:(

doesnt quite have that William Wallace ring to it that I was hoping for :(

S

SilverHood

Revenge is V. good tho

Best Terran I ever played against

He goes solo a lot, hence the much higher xp...

but there might still be some VR abuse in there :)

P

[PS]Venom

Don't get me started on this subject of XP bugabuse again :p

P

[PS]Nova

Look, without seeing the logs etc that no doubt only the devs will have, we have no way to tell.

It could be XP bugabuse, he could do a support role sometimes (although afaik he doesn't mostly), it's been claimed by others that PS stats "lose" kills sometimes, so his real kill ratio could be higher, he could solo constantly therefore getting more exp, he could...

there are so many answers to this, there's no way to tell.

I won't get back on my hobbyhorse, and tell you which one I believe either. :p

J

Jonaldo

XP differences.

I can camp a spawntube room in an AI MAX suit and get 2000 kills but would only get 1-2 xp from each kill.

I can run around on empty continents capping lots of bases and towers but get 0 xp as there was little or no resistance.

So I've killed lots of people and capped lots of bases, and this is considered 'performing well'? imo the person who you think was 'underperforming' was actually getting involved where it counts and playing the game properly and the other person 'doing well' is probably some lame-ass who cares more about having 1337 stats and being #1 on kills & things than actually having fun and being in good squads.

P

[PS]Mung

Thanks for the information.

I am much more.....informed now.

To sum up then, the stats are meaningless.

G

Gewny

meaningless at the task of telling if a player is any good or not yes, a good player might play very little and still be good (wont have good stats thou)

However sometimes stats can be fun and maybe they can improve this into things like accurancy and remain standing values (witch would have been cool to have)

V

ViscountC

Meaningless? Hmmm. The stats tell me that a couple of players are at the top of the leaderboard for two of the empires - and last time I checked with almost *double* the XP of their nearest rivals. Now I might be a suspicious and cynical git, but real life has taught e time and again that cynicism and realism are pretty close to being identical. I know what I think about those two names, and until I see something that properly explains why they are so far ahead on the leaderboard I'll go on thinking it.

Whether it really matters is another issue entirely - I'm never going to get close to that leaderboard, or even to my outfit's current Most Valuable Player. But I do know that when some people are prepared to exploit bugs, others are prepared to cheat badly enough to spoil a game for players to whom it does matter.

M

moo_work

im guessing is shadoh was in a squad each time and the other guy was not - then shadoh would have shared his xp with squaddies and the other guy not :)

B

bone_idle

I dont play to have l337 stats or whatever. I dont even look at the stats page. I just play to have fun. Im BR11 (almost12) and have fudge all kills. I'm a very group player Gal/Sund pilot, engi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom