whats with the 5 point overcharge this patch?

O

old.windforce

Been spammed silly to do 5 point overcharges these days
can't find anything in patch notes / boards

Ppl told me its not possible to do after 1.60

any insight anyone?

T

Tilda

there is a stealth overcharge nerf to it becomes _alot_ harder after the patch.

Tilda

T

the_smurflord

I'm just going to test it on my next customer and see what happens :)

D

Draylor

Some spellcrafters seem to think its going to become far more difficult to do 5 point overcharges.

Anything I see on US boards from spellcrafters show the same success rates we've been used to since spellcrafting arrived.

So maybe it gets "nerfed" and noone in US servers noticed? Or more likely its a silly rumour thats got out of control without a shred of evidence to back it up.

We'll see in a few days.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Draylor
Some spellcrafters seem to think its going to become far more difficult to do 5 point overcharges.

Anything I see on US boards from spellcrafters show the same success rates we've been used to since spellcrafting arrived.

So maybe it gets "nerfed" and noone in US servers noticed? Or more likely its a silly rumour thats got out of control without a shred of evidence to back it up.

We'll see in a few days.

Can i test on ur MP chest Draylor:scared:

Agree with you by the way :) some SC'er started rumour to get extra customers before patch :D

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Feac_
Agree with you by the way :) some SC'er started rumour to get extra customers before patch :D
Where are this SC'er, can't even find one to help me out.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Feac_
Can i test on ur MP chest Draylor:scared:
Draylor's gear has been SC'd since very shortly after SCers started hitting 1k.

Any MPs youve seen me mention lately are for sale ;)

Your welcome to test on a 100% cloth suit I have vaulted after patch though. Bought a while back for my necro - havent had it SCd yet. Theres just so little point for a necro, and I havent tracked down the final jewellery bits for it yet.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Draylor
Draylor's gear has been SC'd since very shortly after SCers started hitting 1k.

Any MPs youve seen me mention lately are for sale ;)

Your welcome to test on a 100% cloth suit I have vaulted after patch though. Bought a while back for my necro - havent had it SCd yet. Theres just so little point for a necro, and I havent tracked down the final jewellery bits for it yet.

ok ;)

S

Simius

The majority of the evidence I have seen points to the fact that there isnt going to be that much of a chance, and that the paranoia about it is getting hyped up as more and more people get worried about it. I think I had possibly my busiest day ever yesterday and was crafting all day solid and still having to turn people away due to shear overload of orders.

When the patch comes there is a very simple way of testing the waters. Seeing as the level of the item has no bearing on the overcharge sucess, you can do a 5 point overcharge on AF5 items with the same chance as AF102. So whip out a batch of crap armour/weapons at 99% and do overcharges on them all and see what happens.

I think the most I can foresee changing is the need to have all 99% gems rather than a mix of 99 and 98, which will push the price up but still give the same minimal chance of explosion.

P

Puppetmistress

As long as I don't blow up doing 4 points overcharge while only being 800 SC I doubt the nerf will be felt that hard for Legendary.

I probably aim for a 4-point overcharge on my friar-thingie. No need to have it uber, 3% less resists on something stupid surely won't make me win :p

O

old.windforce

if you make the gems i can do imbues for free (if prydwen)

D

Draylor

Had a 100% AF102 item SCd a few mins ago - 5 point overcharge successful.

Ill stick to my belief that this is just a silly rumour :)

B

Bleri McThrust

Ive ben hearing this for weeks now but not one single person has come up with the evidence to prove it.

So where does this come from ???????????????

S

Solid

Came from DAoC Tradeskills forums and IGN Forums.

I admit to mentioning it a couple months back but only as hearsay, now I think it was all bollox and a load of propaganda, seems most well informed people in US maintain 5pt OC's are as easy as they ever were.

IMO its pure rumour, ignore it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom