Whats up with taking Beno Albs?

O

ormorof

yeah come back, if you dont come out we might have to go take some more keeps :p

O

old.Jeriraa

2 hours later...

All defenders are piss drunk, playing cards or sleeping.

No sign of the mighty Albions.

Did we humilate you that much? I admit its kinda shitty to get wiped with 48 people on the tower stairs but still... bring on the zerg!

A

Arlone

awwww, in other words "wtf we pwn j00 LOL m8!!111" :)

Good for you! really, it is ... I had fun the 30 mins i spent there anyway and I bet you had too. I dont meet many 14-year-olds in real life so it's walways nice to meet them in a game like this ;)

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by Arlone
awwww, in other words "wtf we pwn j00 LOL m8!!111" :)

Good for you! really, it is ... I had fun the 30 mins i spent there anyway and I bet you had too. I dont meet many 14-year-olds in real life so it's walways nice to meet them in a game like this ;)

Now we are getting somewhere... 1st Alb response.
Did the iceballs hurt that much that you have to become personal? :D

G

GrivneKelmorian

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
Now we are getting somewhere... 1st Alb response.
Did the iceballs hurt that much that you have to become personal? :D

yep ;)

S

steganoff

Time: 22:11 CET - The few dorfs in beno seems tired, beer is running out, also patience. Some trolls start to sing "Where are the albs?" before they fall asleep in their puddles of vomit on the ground... sad night.

D

Drusus

If Mythic stopped nerfing Albs and turned their attention to Mids there might be more of us in the frontier.....

BD's, Savages, Insta Mezz, Stun and Root take the fun out of it for us.

I'm surprised all Albs haven't deleted their accounts and gone to Mids, must be so hard to play Toons that are almost unstoppable.

L

louder

Where Mids at Bledmeer?

Mids camping in Beno, Albs in Bled......

Then suddenly Alb got DC... 15 minutes later Mid got it again.

Something went wrong tonight i guess. ;)

Well, at least u had 3 attempts of albs..... none at Bledmeer.

Bored to sleep now^^

O

old.Atrox

some ppl use BW and some ppl use IRC aint it so Jeriraa ?

A

aveh

Was quality night of fun. I learned a hell of a lot about siege artillery (thanks to Jeriraa for the crash course), and the Albs were persistant too. For the retake not to crash after the first or second takes was worthy of respect. Must have been fun trying to knock down the doors amid the hailstorm of iceshot from the 3 trebs that we had firing continuously during the siege :D

Think the taunts in this thread were more designed to draw the Albs back to Beno than any attempt at gloating. There wasn't any real "wtfpwnz0riz0ring" done, just a nice, reasonably fair fight. I was definitely happy that the Albs didn't bring a huge zerg which makes defending keeps pointless.. you're either too lagged to target properly or too busy getting ae dot spammed from going anywhere near a guard/door.

V

voltage

Originally posted by aveh
I was definitely happy that the Albs didn't bring a huge zerg which makes defending keeps pointless..

aye, the last few times we've tried a keeptake'n hold in mid 80+ have come to retake... makes it a bit of a waste of time really :(

A

Alyssania

Well the "lets get it back in the morning when mids are sleeping" tactic has been learned from you guys. 2 times I remember Rigante took keep in middyland both times about 3-4 nice and good attempts from mids to take it back and after that they just stopped. And both times it wasnt even late here in Finland so even more earlyer in England.

I wasnt there though but I know the feeling after 1 or 2 tries of being farmed.

Its so easy to defend if you guys have trebs and can spam aoe in the tower. We did defend Beno with about 20 of us against about 40 mids once and it was even suprisingly easy when we had 4 trebs and gtaoe wizzies.

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by old.Atrox
some ppl use BW and some ppl use IRC aint it so Jeriraa ?

I would be a fool to deny that... your point? ;)

A

aveh

Originally posted by Alyssania
etc..

So.. we came and took Beno primetime, and held it against three raids, and all of a sudden Midgard is the root of all evil-3am-keeptakes?

Really, you should learn some actual Prydwen history before making such statements.

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by Alyssania
Its so easy to defend if you guys have trebs and can spam aoe in the tower. We did defend Beno with about 20 of us against about 40 mids once and it was even suprisingly easy when we had 4 trebs and gtaoe wizzies.

Thats true... imho people should make ALOT more use of siege weapons. Not only in defense but also in keep attacks.

Anyway, I dont know really what happend but when the 2nd wave (48 Albs) breached the doors we were about 2-3fgs I think. Albs outnumbered us 2:1 and we had only 1 supp Spiritmaster and still we managed to kill you off. Something must gone terribly wrong on your side... the 3rd attempt was rather half hearted and after that I said: "They either come with 10fgs now or they dont come back at all." (Funny enough 60 albs went to take bledmeer about 3 hours later.)

F

Fafnir

Why not just kiss and make up, and blame it on Derric and Fade? :D

C

chretien

Trebs will be a much less useful defensive tool after 1.65 with the changes to keep design. Once past the first door the attackers will be inside the minimum range of a treb.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by chretien
Trebs will be a much less useful defensive tool after 1.65 with the changes to keep design. Once past the first door the attackers will be inside the minimum range of a treb.
Aye, perhaps they will add some oil, that can be poured down on the attackers. :)

O

old.Atrox

I would be a fool to deny that... your point? ;)

If you guys weren't so 1337 that you have to insta-brag about every won battle there was no use for IRC at all.

A

Alyssania

Sorry Aveh my writing in English dont come off like I would time to time. :)

I ment I learned it then. Easyest way nowdays seems to be the lets leave em alone for a while so they cant call us noobs for dieing to a less numbered defenders. Its the mental issue of people thinking they are good/bad if they die/kill in a game that is not always about your skills.

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Drusus
If Mythic stopped nerfing Albs and turned their attention to Mids there might be more of us in the frontier.....

BD's, Savages, Insta Mezz, Stun and Root take the fun out of it for us.

I'm surprised all Albs haven't deleted their accounts and gone to Mids, must be so hard to play Toons that are almost unstoppable.

i must admit, even though im an alb, i have to laugh at that.

We're not as bad as we make out, and theyre not as great as we make out. I just get on with it to be honest :D

A

aveh

Not to mention, if you took savages, BDs, and insta-CC from Midgard, we'd be essentially screwed. Then you'd have no excuse at all for losing. Would you really want it that way?

E

Exellenze

Thats true... imho people should make ALOT more use of siege weapons. Not only in defense but also in keep attacks.

Anyway, I dont know really what happend but when the 2nd wave (48 Albs) breached the doors we were about 2-3fgs I think. Albs outnumbered us 2:1 and we had only 1 supp Spiritmaster and still we managed to kill you off. Something must gone terribly wrong on your side... the 3rd attempt was rather half hearted and after that I said: "They either come with 10fgs now or they dont come back at all." (Funny enough 60 albs went to take bledmeer about 3 hours later.)

Don't know what were up with the albs that day, but we were pathetic to say the least - very embarrasing :)
People forgot that the main purpose was to get the keep back, instead they only helped their own little group with buffs, heals and rezzes.

That said, I was very impressed with the way you mids held the keep, you did a very good job. Especially the siege weapons gave us a very hard time.

PS. Some of the first guys replying should really get out more - those kind of posts are just too childish and lame.

O

old.Jeriraa

Originally posted by Exellenze
That said, I was very impressed with the way you mids held the keep, you did a very good job. Especially the siege weapons gave us a very hard time.

We had 3 trebuchets up firing our special homemade anti-plate ammo and Sviunn aka Mr. Artillery coordinating the fire. I'f you had been mid and inside the keep you would have heard is AIM and FIRE shouts on broad chat all the time... very funny.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Give more siege weapons, gives Tanks something to do - always makes me wanna cry when a Hero stuff's he's head over a rampart to do such "great" damage with his short bow ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom