What's up GOA?

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
I am talking about the service and support here which GOA doesn't care about anymore?

In my case it is about the account support i would like to talk about since they generally don't care about that. I read in my manual that it should take about 2-3 days for them to reply but i havent got an answer in 1 week now and then i started to ask on IRC why it takes so long and all of them said that it takes about 2 weeks up to a month for them to answer those emails.

In my eyes this is really bad from GOA's side because the service/support part is a very important one for a company large as this. I asked the people again how it was with ordinary questions about the game and such but i got the same answer and it was like GOA doesn't care about it. I know many have been waiting for several weeks about the email they sent but that it really really bad in my oppinion.

I bought this game for 5€ a year ago and if i wouldve known this then i wouldn't even touch that game and probably go buy another one.

GOA - You must help your customers!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
sumtimes they reply slow, sumtimes fast.
I wanted to restore a deleted character, and sent request to rightnow, got answer and restored character after a few hrs.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they have to translate your email into french and german before they can look at it? ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Darkzler said:
I am talking about the service and support here which GOA doesn't care about anymore?

In my case it is about the account support i would like to talk about since they generally don't care about that. I read in my manual that it should take about 2-3 days for them to reply but i havent got an answer in 1 week now and then i started to ask on IRC why it takes so long and all of them said that it takes about 2 weeks up to a month for them to answer those emails.

In my eyes this is really bad from GOA's side because the service/support part is a very important one for a company large as this. I asked the people again how it was with ordinary questions about the game and such but i got the same answer and it was like GOA doesn't care about it. I know many have been waiting for several weeks about the email they sent but that it really really bad in my oppinion.

I bought this game for 5€ a year ago and if i wouldve known this then i wouldn't even touch that game and probably go buy another one.

GOA - You must help your customers!

what exactly did you ask them for? and where did you send it to?

if you emailed subscription@goa.com with anything other than a subscription/account problem you'll get ignored.

Never had any problems - it's not always incredibly fast replies but it usually doesn't take that long - quest stuff for example (I destroyed a bit of loot I needed to continue a quest) was fixed within about a week and it's fairly low priority.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
it all depends on a few things:

1. How skilled you are in writing English
2. How skilled the one checking yer mail is in reading and understanding English.
3. The way you asked your question, if you've put it under the wrong topic (like Account Problems under Roleplaying) then they often take more time.
4. How complex the problem is. (Simple problems can expect a faster answer then those that need several ppl to throw in an opinion)
5. Might-be mailserver problems
6. Accidental spam content in the email which might have redirected it to the bin instead of their inbox.

Well thats about all the problems I can think of, though usually it takes them, if you've send it during standard CET workhours, about 3-4 hours to reply and otherwise it'll should be there the next day.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
It also depends how polite you are. If you're polite they answer quick, if you're rude and abusive they will put you to the back of the queue :) I've never had any problems with the speed of their replies.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
i am currently waiting for my Sub password to be emailed to me (i recently moved house and have lost it), my subscription ran out yesterday (no idea why, i had it on autorenew :eek7: ) and im still waiting :( had a confirmation of it, updated the question on rightnow with my email and re-wording what i said in the original question and im still waiting. cant givf GOA the money till they givf my password.

:(

Fung

Fledgling Freddie
I'm in the same situation myself, I cancelled my account last September during the subscription problems and hacker scare and as a result I never received a replacement Subscription Password when they changed all passwords. I emailed subscriptions@goa.com (or whichever it was) three days ago and all I have received is a "Your email will be responded to as soon as possible".

I'm hoping that I dont have to wait too long but if GOA can't be bothered to cater to the needs of their customer base (old or new) then I might just save up and get a US DAoC pack from www.importmadness.co.uk, at least the patches would be up to date :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Fung said:
save up and get a US DAoC pack

omg noooooo!!!11111oneonefourtynineandtwofifths

<makes X with fingers> unclean!! unclean!!! :D

Fung

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe :)

Sometimes I scare even myself ;)

If anyone waiting for an email from GOA actually gets one could you post here how long you had to wait and how much aggro you got from them and their trained band of pirate parrots?

Darkzler

Fledgling Freddie
Well yeah i did use proper english in my email that is more than enough.

I did send the email to subscription@goa.com and it contained information about the account that i lost and all info necessary

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Fung said:
trained band of pirate parrots?

bah they're onto parrots now too? first mokeys, now parrots, whateva next? probably pies tbh, i can just see it now... GOA HQ... ...teh help desk... ...and theres a computer with a pie on the keyboard with a headset on so that it looks all professiional... <cries> Havent you taken enough?!?! atleast leave the pies alone!! leave the pies alonee!!!!111one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom