what's the worst game you have ever played for PS2

C

Cdr

MSR was a pile of crap - that didnt deliver on what was promised.

For months, they were saying 'Oh you can race thro huge amount of traffic!!!!!'. These claims were posted along side screenshots of busy streets with racers ducking and weaving between the backed up traffic. The game that came out was nothing like this. The whole 'Kudos' system was pants, the way the cars handled - rubbish.

As for Mafia and GT - I've never driven a 1930s car, so I havent a clue how close the physics were to the real thing, I have however driven modern day cars, and the ones in GT are pretty damn good.

L

lovedaddy

Originally posted by Cdr
MSR was a pile of crap - that didnt deliver on what was promised.

For months, they were saying 'Oh you can race thro huge amount of traffic!!!!!'. These claims were posted along side screenshots of busy streets with racers ducking and weaving between the backed up traffic. The game that came out was nothing like this. The whole 'Kudos' system was pants, the way the cars handled - rubbish.

As for Mafia and GT - I've never driven a 1930s car, so I havent a clue how close the physics were to the real thing, I have however driven modern day cars, and the ones in GT are pretty damn good.

MSR and Project Gotham were both fantastic, and IMHO gameplay wise, miles ahead of the GT series (which I still think the best part is the licences).
MSR and PGR are about scores. And thats what they give you. The gameplay is tuned to give that 'know I can get another slide going here', type replay value that leaves GT standing.
GT3s physics is convincing, but no where close to real. About the only thing I'm looking forward to in GT4 is the example of what the EE is really capable of with a good development team.

N

newborn

Originally posted by lovedaddy
MSR and Project Gotham were both fantastic, and IMHO gameplay wise, miles ahead of the GT series (which I still think the best part is the licences).
MSR and PGR are about scores. And thats what they give you. The gameplay is tuned to give that 'know I can get another slide going here', type replay value that leaves GT standing.

yes but the whole point of GT is to get round a track as quickly as possible. sliding is not the way to do this. but therein lies the beauty of GT, you can still drive the car like an utter hooligan if you want to, and when you do the cars behave a lot mor realistically than the stylised arcade thrills of pgr/msr.

L

lovedaddy

totally agree, if driving to perfection is your thing then gt3 is the business. I just find it limited and repeative. Hence the reason why I liked the superlicences, short term goals and instant targets. Combined with the fact that its often quicker to drive badly in GT3 (ramming AI, using barriers etc) without a damage model or performance decrease sort of took the edge off it for me.

O

old.UKTwister

I completed MSR by trying to get round the track as quick and as tidy as possible.

Remember you did get extra Kudos for not touching any barriers or cars and for finishing first.

To say Gt3 is realistic is a bit of a joke really, me and my brother had a time trial game on the stage at night time with the tunnel (forgot what its called). But anyway i drove flawlessly around the lap yet he randomly bashed his way around the walls and beat my time.

MSR was punishing and sometimes infuriating, PGR less so however. The replay value was immense. I remember on the stages when you got the chance to set a target to beat, eg) number of cars passed in 3 laps or those stages were you gave a car a headstart. I played for hours trying to get the absolute maximum score possible.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
To say Gt3 is realistic is a bit of a joke really, me and my brother had a time trial game on the stage at night time with the tunnel (forgot what its called). But anyway i drove flawlessly around the lap yet he randomly bashed his way around the walls and beat my time.

Doesnt that just mean you're a very bad driver?

N

newborn

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
I completed MSR by trying to get round the track as quick and as tidy as possible.

Remember you did get extra Kudos for not touching any barriers or cars and for finishing first.

and if you could drive round a track smacking into barriers without damaging the car, it would be the fastest way round. but most GT players realise that doing this is a bit gay and nowhere near as fun, so they don't bother.

L

lovedaddy

I dont know, I think that GT3 is the video game equalivent of 'The Brief History of Time'. Massive sales, high publicity and well recieved. But 90% of people just buy it and leave it lying round just incase someone asks 'hey, you own a ps2 and dont own GT3, you mad?'

GT3 for me was basically a glorified car show room. Watch the intro, browse the cars. Wow, look at the detail on that *insert sports car your never likely to own*, checkout the lighting effects and the cubemap. Get board. Switch off game. Come back in 2 months, repeat.

C

Cdr

I used to have great fun with GT.

Me and a m8 bought the game, and each weekend we'd race each other in the cars we'd built up. So during the week I'd spend loads of time on it, winning AI races, so I can add that little bit extra to my car, so come the weekend - when we went head-to-head, I'd come out top. The same for him.

Its this that made the GT series fun for me - the ability to build a car up how you want it, tweak to to suit your driving style, then race someone else who's done the same and hopefully win. 9/10 we'd not have the same car, so that'd make it much more interesting.

Perhaps you guys only played the SP bit - shame really :(

M

Munkey-

GT takes a bit of getting into. I've had the game for about a year yet i've only just got into it. Just that most people cannot be arsed to do the licenses (sp) and use the crap car first. I found it really annoying upgrading from an MX5 to a Mitsubishi Lancer to a Mustang to a Speed Six to a Skyling (i think). It gets very rewarding as you do feel challenged on some tracks, also nearly managed to make my Mustang flip over trying to rally. Too heavy :/

Worst game ever, in my opinion, has to be....hmm...Batman Vengeance (sp) most probably. The game was fun enough but they overused cutscenes.

M

Munkey-

Oh yes, and the multiplayer mode did suck a bit. At the end of the day, most of the tracks were up to whoever had the fastest car, very little to do with driving skills.

S

Sir Frizz

Originally posted by nath
Burnout was fantastic, burnout 2 was more so.

You must choose:

A) Burnout (2)

OR

B) Midnight Club (II)

As for GT3, it's sex on the beach so shaddap.

Shite PS2 game = Dropship.

S

Sir Frizz

RX8 LM Edition?

*Guffaw*

gt448.jpg

N

nath

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
You must choose:

A) Burnout (2)

OR

B) Midnight Club (II)

Burnout 2 no contest.

Having said that I've not played Midnight Club 2, but it looks lame.

C

Cdr

How can you say something is lame when you havent played it?

N

nath

Cdr: I've seen it thus I can say it looks lame. I also have it on good authority that it *is* lame.

Embattle: die! tekken tag was\is fantastic.

N

newborn

tekken tag is still probably the best beat em up on ps2 and will be until soul calibur 2 arrives.

N

nath

SC2 is fairly bland, nothing new over the old one.

S

]SK[

GTA:VC is no way near the worst game. Its more one of the best PS2 games. If anything its State of Emergency...wtf did I buy that game :(

M

MYstIC G

Cos for the 5 minutes you try it in the shop, it's fun. When you get it home thats when it starts to suck.

P

plightstar

Originally posted by newborn
tekken tag is still probably the best beat em up on ps2 and will be until soul calibur 2 arrives.

I think Tekken has run its course the last decent Tekken was 3 but that wasn't as good as 2, but with every new release the game get s worse and worse, has anyone played T4 talk about crap and plus the fact the new characters look crap there faces in the FMV is very strange.

M

Munkey-

I think tekken 4 rocks. Great game (although i'm playing the japanese version). i love pullling off some of the moves, helleva lot more fluent. Its a fighting game, why bother with the FMV's?

Although Kuma does suck now :(

Best game i've played (i.e. most enjoyable) has been Ape Escape 2. Still doesnt rank as well as donkey kong but still really enjoyable.

L

lovedaddy

I've never played Tekken4, tho i really enjoyed Tekken3.
Virtua Fighter 4 Evo is definetly worth a purchase, especially as you can get it for 20 quid at HMV.

F

fishrex

final fantasy x

just as bad as the rest mind numbing stats HP and the rest but its probly just me(i dont have sandles beard or bad personal hygeing...however i cant spell).

red faction was also pish

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by fishrex
final fantasy x

just as bad as the rest mind numbing stats HP and the rest but its probly just me(i dont have sandles beard or bad personal hygeing...however i cant spell).

Someone give this man a medal, then set him on the DAOC forum.

P

plightstar

Never been a fan of the FF series, mind u I didn't mind FF4, I played 7 when it came out and wss not impressed, it was just so boring. Mind u I hate every turn-based game with the exception of:

Shogun Total War
Combat Mission
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom