whats the world coming too?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
The memory i have of when i was 7 was being allowed to walk to the end of the road to the corner shop on my own, whilst my gran watched me. I wasnt even allowed to be on my own at that age let alone have access and the inclanation to set light to aerosol cans.

We never had violent playstation games back then, and i remember my grandad not letting my brother and i watch Starsky & Hutch cos he deemed it too violent.

Something is telling these kids that its 'ok' to act like this, wheather it be the TV or Video games, is it down to the parents to stop them having access to it, they will come into contact with it at some point, or is it down to censorship once again, and we all know what a minefield that is

At the end of the day when children see these things on TV or you tube (which they will) they need to be taught that its wrong rather than thinking 'thats cool, i'll try that'

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I couldn't even read that story; after reading about the baby deer that got kicked to death (and still wantingto cry over it tbh) I am being very shallow and insulating myself against these kinds of stories.

I can't believe I am the same species as some of the 'people' on this planet tbh.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
why do you think little shits like this should get away with trying to burn someones facE?

Who said they are getting away with it? I very much doubt their parents and the police will say "alright kids, we will forget all about this". I am almost certain there will be some kind of punishment. Infact, tell me where I said i think the kids should get away with it?

There is a massive different between shooting a 5 and a 7 year old and letting them getting away with something. Id you cant see that, maybe you should move to Africa and get on the witch hunts, you may enjoy setting babies and stuff on fire.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We never had violent playstation games back then, and i remember my grandad not letting my brother and i watch Starsky & Hutch cos he deemed it too violent.

Something is telling these kids that its 'ok' to act like this, wheather it be the TV or Video games, is it down to the parents to stop them having access to it, they will come into contact with it at some point, or is it down to censorship once again, and we all know what a minefield that is

At the end of the day when children see these things on TV or you tube (which they will) they need to be taught that its wrong rather than thinking 'thats cool, i'll try that'

Good thing you put that last line in, 'caue i played videogames since i was 2 or 3, watched violent movies since i was yei high, was basically free as a bird and i've never even pushed anyone, let alone hit them.

Games/movies/etc have f*ck all to do with it.

At max all games can do is give ideas to some mentally unstable people or kids with no parenting. Parents love to blame games/movies/media 'cause it absolves them from blame.

Most the time games give a lot more positive stuff, such as an outlet for anger etc.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Good thing you put that last line in, 'caue i played videogames since i was 2 or 3, watched violent movies since i was yei high, was basically free as a bird and i've never even pushed anyone, let alone hit them.

Games/movies/etc have f*ck all to do with it.

At max all games can do is give ideas to some mentally unstable people or kids with no parenting. Parents love to blame games/movies/media 'cause it absolves them from blame.

Most the time games give a lot more positive stuff, such as an outlet for anger etc.

Yeah I can imagine the horror of playing tennis on a BBC console, driving you to kill match stick men :p You can't compare games from now and then , because the contents of the world we live in nowadays youtube/videogames does make people think less of the acts.

but saying that I agree with you mind I was playing games/watching movies, but I was also like Edmond I had a curfew and a boundary line for my play area as I was growing up. There has got to be a balance parents need to be held responsible for this because in a normal family environment a child should know what is normal and what is just plain wrong.

tris-

I was playing violent games from when the PSX came out and watching horror and killer films form about 6 years old or so. Even played manhunt when that came out and i must of been about 13.

Number of people ive killed so far = zero.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
punishment is quite another and it is needed here. I think the human condition needs a 'do wrong and suffer' because it's not a cuddly world out there.
doesnt work here though. Criminals do not think they caught. if you teach them that respect for other people they are much less likely to do it again

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
If I found any of my kids had done something like this, I would literally beat them to within an inch of their life and then personally frogmarch them to the Police station.

And to those who say that you shouldn't strike your children... harsh words simply don't work with some kids.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah I can imagine the horror of playing tennis on a BBC console, driving you to kill match stick men :p You can't compare games from now and then , because the contents of the world we live in nowadays youtube/videogames does make people think less of the acts.

but saying that I agree with you mind I was playing games/watching movies, but I was also like Edmond I had a curfew and a boundary line for my play area as I was growing up. There has got to be a balance parents need to be held responsible for this because in a normal family environment a child should know what is normal and what is just plain wrong.

Actually i can compare them, as the old videogame were more hardcore, the films were that way too.

Predator 1 compared to pred vs alien for example?

Alien vs alien 4?

Not "how good it was", just the violence etc.

I can't compare the world ofcourse, youtube, media in general is wider and mroe accessible ofcourse, but it all boils down to this;

There's something wrong with the kids(mentally) and parenting.

So fix parenting and get the kids treatment, or even take the kids away if they can't control them.

I think we agree partly, so don't take this as disagreeing completely ;)

Reason we were free back then was A; no nanny bullcrap. B; we knew that if we f*cked up, we was a getting hurt.

Try slapping your kid for breaking a window these days :p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I just thought :)

Lets say, a person stabs another... punishment for this would be to stab them :) if a person sets someone on fire... they the person who inflicted this... should be put on fire etc... :) this sounds a more fairer punishment system to be honest :)

What ever you do to others should be done exactly the way back :)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture

Lets say, a person stabs another... punishment for this would be to stab them :) if a person sets someone on fire... they the person who inflicted this... should be put on fire etc... :) this sounds a more fairer punishment system to be honest :)

so if I touch a girls breast.. she has to touch mine? :D

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH

How would someone carrying aids, who had purposely had sex with someone to give them aids get their payback?

tris-

I feel sorry for the mentally ill then. If they harm someone out of their control, because they are mentally ill, theyre fucked.

Bill and Ted called, they want you to take your views back to the 10th century.

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
I feel sorry for the mentally ill then. If they harm someone out of their control, because they are mentally ill, theyre fucked.

Bill and Ted called, they want you to take your views back to the 10th century.

haha :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom