[QUESTION] What's the policy on downtime notification?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
At the risk of sounding like a broken record....

when the fuck are goa going to actually ANNOUNCE downtime properly? No Lads - putting the note up 20 minutes after you took the fucking servers down doesn't count as notice.

It's stuff like this that makes you look like a half arsed hosting company. If I'd known about the downtime last night....

M

Two Ton Ted

Fledgling Freddie
Also haven't been able to log in any character on Karak-Norn for the last hour or so. Press the Play button, get the loading screen then dumped back to the character select screen.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Also haven't been able to log in any character on Karak-Norn for the last hour or so. Press the Play button, get the loading screen then dumped back to the character select screen.

Because the servers are down, as hinted at by the OP.

The website says it as well, it was just announced after the servers had gone down.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They announce downtime before hand even in free MMOs, poor service and rightout showoff of how they care about their paying customers.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
:iagree:to the posts above.

Totally our fault guys.

As per the procedure we posted the news yesterday but a problem with the website meant it wasn't showing to you guys.

We completely agree this is bad and we're really sorry about the confusion. We're looking into what went wrong to make sure it won't happen again!

Norn came up a bit slower than the other servers but is back up now as well. Slayers and Choppa's for those who didn't finish the event will follow a bit later.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record....

when the fuck are goa going to actually ANNOUNCE downtime properly? No Lads - putting the note up 20 minutes after you took the fucking servers down doesn't count as notice.

It's stuff like this that makes you look like a half arsed hosting company. If I'd known about the downtime last night....

M

I got spammed about 1am with a server message... but it should have been posted on the news last night, I agree.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Was showing as active and was letting people log in to character screen but wouldn't let them load in game - kept booting people to char selection.

Now it's down again !

Message saying server down in 5 minutes - server went down about 3 minutes later. I know this cos we were in the middle of a scen and desperately trying to push the score to 500 in time :/

M

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Slayers and Choppa's for those who didn't finish the event will follow a bit later.

may i ask why this was not done in the normal downtime?

isnt 2 downtimes in one day a tad to much, even for GOA?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
:iagree:to the posts above.

Totally our fault guys.

As per the procedure we posted the news yesterday but a problem with the website meant it wasn't showing to you guys.

Thats flash for you

We completely agree this is bad and we're really sorry about the confusion. We're looking into what went wrong to make sure it won't happen again!

remove flash....

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
think macromedia is using GOA's webpages as test platforms tbh. thats why GOA is so anal when it comes to flash.

or the son of a bitch that did that webpage quit and no one else is crazy enought to try to fix it, so it's better to leave it as it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom