whats the point..

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
.. in playing an RVR game, when it appears most people want to RVE ?
it boggles the mind.. QUICK MEIGHTS ! an undefended zone ! free loot bags!

whole warband attacks a keep
6 people appear on the walls
oil goes up
warband mounts horses and runs off

why are people so afraid of fighting other people rather than knocking over unguarded BOs and Keeps ?

celtic leaf army , ginnunga and phoenix legion seem to be winning the "biggest wussies in WAR" award atm, always seems to be them :( *

* on order, i dunno about destro but i can prob guess

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
All I do at the moment is complain about this broken record much!!!!!! :p

It has to stop.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
why are people so afraid of fighting other people rather than knocking over unguarded BOs and Keeps ?

because ppl arent interested in orvr, they want inf and lootbags. and you can get alot more of those if u pve keeps/BO's then from orvr.

as long as lootbags drop and inf are awarded from undefended keeplords/BO's, this problem will persist.

i knew from the getgo that having lootbags drop from keep lords were a bad idea as they never bothered putting any restrictions on the drop conditions.

i actually thought it would take longer then this to catch up to WoW's easymode :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

oil goes up

celtic leaf army , ginnunga and phoenix legion seem to be winning the "biggest wussies in WAR" award atm, always seems to be them :( *

Hmmm... shouldn't really be a part of PL's makeup and would never have happened in Laird's day or mine :p Hopefully one of them might pop on here and put us straight..... ;)

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
A couple of points. Oil is way overpowered atm. A lone defender can keep it up against 1-2 WB's. Shield walls with chain disable leave a attacking WB no chance against a moderatly well defended keep.

WHat needs changing.

GTAoE needs to have LOS to cast it. No camara tricks to put it where you want.
Stairs/Ramps need to give LOS to teh tanks at the top from the bottom. ATM going up a ramp is a death sentence.

Also
I have a pretty good machine but have to turn effects off in a keep take. This leaves me more often than not dying to AE pools on the floor. I move as soon as I get hit by one but often right into the next one. I was talking to a m8 who has a engineer who was telling me how great it is as no one sees his ground AE.

arg /rantoff

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
A couple of points. Oil is way overpowered atm.
say what? oil overpowered? you need 1 dedicated healer and that oil will do fuck all. you dont even have to kill the oil its that useless.

was healing a 2 group warband as the only healer on my DoK and i had no problems what so ever to outheal the damage that oil did in T3 orvr.

and its just as useless in T2.

and if u manage to lose the ram to oil you deserve it :)

speaking of nothing, wtf is it with the ram pads dodging the oil? o_O

Mabs

T4 oil does about 700-1200 damage per person every , what? 10-15 secs?

if you cant heal that, get a new healer :p

Howley

Fledgling Freddie

oil goes up

Um... come again!? Ginnunga dont go around RVE'ing we like oRvR (only scenarios i do now are for zone locks) plus most of us have full sets of gear already so its pointless to even think of deliberately going for undefended keeps and PL are a good oRvR guild too and dont need to run away from (if you say so) 6 defenders....
tbh normally i dont care if people name or shame stuff im involved in or even me but to hear this, its ridiculous :) /clap

EDIT for oil post: well the oil ticks that damage but it hits 3times per pour... but still totally healable to any healer!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
<waves to Howley>

Saw you kicking around KV today :)

Ginunprounouncable stuck around for some great scrapes today. Well at least some of the guild. I doubt the entire gang was there :D

Regarding oil, there are much better ways for a Magus to help with a ram's demise than oil.

Muhahahaha(TM)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh

MOAR ORVR From BOTH sides plx.

Less Turtling behind tank walls in keeps (Although I'll admit it's fun for my marauder when we do it)

Less RVE on BO'S (we both know that both sides do it so let's just leave it at that?)

Less whine, MOAR fight.

M

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Nice attempt at a troll there, name three of the big guilds and slag them off to see how annoyed they get.

Who knows, if you keep trying someone may believe you one day.

horlely

Fledgling Freddie

oil goes up

When one zone is overzerged by destruction we will move whit our
Celtic Leaf Army warband to a other zone.And hope to pull some destruction
ppl to that zone.So why we will run away from only 6 destruction ppl?
Not even from trolls like you we will run away.

We try to roam whit our warband , and when there are no destruction ppl
we will siege a keep or take BO's.I hope some more destruction guilds will
roam in the future.Seems the only have intress to zerg a zone.

Mabs

When one zone is overzerged by destruction we will move whit our
Celtic Leaf Army warband to a other zone.And hope to pull some destruction
ppl to that zone.So why we will run away from only 6 destruction ppl?
Not even from trolls like you we will run away.

so when there is a wb/wb situation you leave?
and then chase the smaller bunches of people (6 in this case)

so your a bunch of proffesional cowards then ? :)

and thanks for proving my point about you PvEing keeps :)

Secreet

Fledgling Freddie

Hey kid,

Save the negative energy for destro

You are trying too hard to start a troll here, no need for that

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Proves he can't read as well. Horl said that we take BO's and keeps if no destro around, meaning if destro are around we try to fight them instead.

If the original post was meant to say that the best tactic in the game is for a single wb to repeatedly wait to get zerged by 3 or 4 wb's of destro then Mabs has a intelligence problem, its missing.

When the numbers are hevily against you then the way to play is to try and find ways to reduce the odds a bit. Where the odds are not too bad then we stay and fight, when the zerg is bad we move and try get them to come to us.

Mabs

Proves he can't read as well. Horl said that we take BO's and keeps if no destro around, meaning if destro are around we try to fight them instead.

If the original post was meant to say that the best tactic in the game is for a single wb to repeatedly wait to get zerged by 3 or 4 wb's of destro then Mabs has a intelligence problem, its missing.

When the numbers are hevily against you then the way to play is to try and find ways to reduce the odds a bit. Where the odds are not too bad then we stay and fight, when the zerg is bad we move and try get them to come to us.

that may be what he meant but it aint what he said

Shamealot

Fledgling Freddie

Oh my god.... when will you start reading a text and try to understand what the text means....

When horlely says "overzerged" he tries to tell you that the order group or warband meets a destro zerg. Zerg versus zerg is fine. Big fun as long as the server can take it. Zerg versus WB is a moment to pack ur things and go roam somewhere else. Unless the zerg tries to attack our fortress there is no fun in beeing overrun several times in an outnumbered situation.

Saying that we leave when there is a WB/WB situation is a bit.... silly i think.

Attacking 3 guilds that are trying to have fun in a world where we all play for our pleasure is a useful thing to do.

Oh well, u managed to make me read fh since a very long time.
:drink:

hmmm i think i have to change my signature..........

Mabs

Attacking 3 guilds that are trying to have fun in a world where we all play for our pleasure is a useful thing to do.

well i spend a lot of my time in T4 being one of about 3 people defending keeps to choruses of "LOLZ LET THEM TAKE IT SO WE CAN RETAKE FOR LEWTS"
and all the time the order wb/zerg has a lot of 3 said guilds in it

as i tried to point out tho, large guild = many members = around the place, so keep turning up :p

they are the easiest to spot i didnt mean to imply it was your MO as standard :p

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I must say Mabs that I have never heard the statement "Let them take it so we can take it back for loot" while I have been in a keep and if I had then I would be pissed off with people as well. I know people who would be happy taking a keep and letting it go just so they could take it back though, so it probably does happen.

I have no problem with gold bag runs though, they help guild members to get the armour pieces they need and strengthen a guild in the long run. There would be a problem if that is all someone did, and I can assure you it is not all we do by a long way.

Since we all seem to be stepping back a bit from fighting each other hopefully this is the end of the thread and we can just agree to kick destro as hard and as often as possible.
:twak:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

i doubt it, ppl go where they are needed, not to where you are so you can be amused.

it may change when/if the rest of the main citys get implemented but probably not.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
well i spend a lot of my time in T4 being one of about 3 people defending keeps to choruses of "LOLZ LET THEM TAKE IT SO WE CAN RETAKE FOR LEWTS"
and all the time the order wb/zerg has a lot of 3 said guilds in it

Not seen that on Hirn. In fact i have never even heard of anything like that happening before.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not seen that on Hirn. In fact i have never even heard of anything like that happening before.

it happens in T2 and T3 quite often.

some nights its all there is in terms of "orvr" 2 warbands trading keeps.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie

You've been unusually lucky, or unusually unobservant.

Point of fact, if Destro (or Order for that matter) can't be arsed to show up to defend keeps and BOs, then the opposition can't really be accused of RvE'ing. Additionally, it's possible for a small and reasonably organised group (A pug with a couple of healers, where everyone's reasonably competent and listening will do) can fend off a warband or more when defending a keep.

This being the case, let's say you're attacking with your warband, and you keep wiping. You're getting farmed by what few defenders there are. Do you keep coming back, or do you go somewhere else?

I'm not saying that there aren't warbands (and even specific guilds) that seem to actively avoid PvP, because there are. The game currently encourages RvE. The Effort:Reward ratio for attacking an un- or lightly defended keep still far outstrips that of defending, or indeed attacking a defended keep. Whilst this remains the case, bugging out in favour of RvE will happen, and often.

In the loot-crazy game we seem to be playing, perhaps it would be better if undefended keeps just drop 1 Gold Bag plus a bunch of greens, but for each full group worth of active defenders, there's an additional gold bag up for grabs. Perhaps it also might be better if defenders also got a shot at loot bags when they quash an attack, quantity based on the number of attacking groups?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
You've been unusually lucky, or unusually unobservant.

Point of fact, if Destro (or Order for that matter) can't be arsed to show up to defend keeps and BOs, then the opposition can't really be accused of RvE'ing. Additionally, it's possible for a small and reasonably organised group (A pug with a couple of healers, where everyone's reasonably competent and listening will do) can fend off a warband or more when defending a keep.

This being the case, let's say you're attacking with your warband, and you keep wiping. You're getting farmed by what few defenders there are. Do you keep coming back, or do you go somewhere else?

I'm not saying that there aren't warbands (and even specific guilds) that seem to actively avoid PvP, because there are. The game currently encourages RvE. The Effort:Reward ratio for attacking an un- or lightly defended keep still far outstrips that of defending, or indeed attacking a defended keep. Whilst this remains the case, bugging out in favour of RvE will happen, and often.

In the loot-crazy game we seem to be playing, perhaps it would be better if undefended keeps just drop 1 Gold Bag plus a bunch of greens, but for each full group worth of active defenders, there's an additional gold bag up for grabs. Perhaps it also might be better if defenders also got a shot at loot bags when they quash an attack, quantity based on the number of attacking groups?

While this is all true, none of this is relevant to the point.

He claimed players were actively, purposefully, avoiding conflict to flip keeps for loot, furthermore he claimed this happens all the time and thats just not my experience.

I have never been in a WB that has decided to avoid defending a keep for the sole purpose of retaking it for a loot roll. I am NOT saying that WB's don't often fail to defend a keep, thats a whole different thing. As you rightly say, there are many valid reasons why warbands do not rush to the defence of a keep, but the one stated is not one i have ever encountered (except perhaps mentioned as an offhand joke at times, but never a definitive reason).

Perhaps i just simply avoid the warbands who do this, i do avoid warbands with certain members just to avoid the stress, bullshit, 1337ism, accusations and yelling they bring with them, so it's possible.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
it happens in T2 and T3 quite often.

some nights its all there is in terms of "orvr" 2 warbands trading keeps.

I play T3 a lot, never seen it in T3.

I have played 12 characters through T2 (i prefer lower tiers when im not doing organised stuff), never seen it in T2.

Might happen you you quite often, but that doesn't necessarily mean it happens quite often in general. Certainly not in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom