Question Whats the point in all of this? Not emo!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I was getting my daily fix of The Daily Mash and a line in one of the stories made me think.

"...asking whether the four billion-year journey of evolution that precipitated their existence is best continued by trying to get a power up for a plasma rifle."

The Daily Mash - VIDEO GAME SHOPS TO BE STAFFED BY EXISTENTIAL PHILOSOPHERS

What is the point to it all? Obviously we exist to give our genes to our offspring and to further our species existence but why? What's the point?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
There's no real point, but it would be pretty damn boring if we weren't here, wouldn't you say?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
before we could do existential thinking the point was to survive. Now we believe the world will end and thus we have no purpose. Life has never had any purpose in the larger picture because its so unphantomable small a value in the universe

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I rushed the first post really.

What I mean is. What are your goals in life? Are you happy? Is personal happiness your motivation for living? What point do you see in your own existence?

It's strange but its making me seriously think about doing some charity work or something.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You have to make the most of the time thats given to you.
Whatever that is.

Chances are, you're not going to be a billionaire playboy, you're not going to discover oil in your back garden, so you'll have to work most of your life. If you can do some good (eg charity work), then great.

Average Joe spends all their life chasing pound notes, putting food on the table, looking after their family, trying to do the right thing, getting their heads down, working all their life, take the annual holiday, keeping on the right side of the law, trying to keep healthy, develops a paunch, goes bald, and end up dying leaving no lasting impression on the face of the planet, just another human blip that goes out after 80 odd years, leaving fond memoires, some cherished photos on the mantlepiece, greaving relatives, and the next generation to make of life what they will

BTW this thread IS emo. But its ok.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
You have to make the most of the time thats given to you.
Whatever that is.

This.

If you spend your time looking at everyone around and wanting what they have, you will live a sad and unhappy life.

Each of us is dealt a hand of cards and thats the hand you play the game with.

enjoy the ride and remember the good times.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I dream of a world economy based on hemp, and not oil.

no oily spills there, least u may get is one fucked up mellow ocean

Ezteq

Queen of OT
at this point in time it seems my reason for existing is to eat every single pistachio nut in the world...seriously guys make me stop!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
128991338614191337.jpg

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
But software developer Wayne Hayes said: "If I was an overweight teenager living in an identikit provincial pisshole with a tawdry family, no social skills and a horrifying IQ, I think I'd want to be a space soldier from the future, too."

I do like the Daily Mash :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom